Sign in to follow this  
-DAN-

Citylife 2 Released

http://www.cityliferpg.com/CityLifeIIlogo512x512.png 249 kb

City life 2 Mod Available For Download!

The City Life RPG 2 MOD is an Online RPG built on the Armed Assault 2 engine offering an online community for you to enjoy. What sets us aside from other RPG missions is custom made addons built around our new code.

Our system is built by our development team over a long period of time making it one of the longest running mods in the Armed Assault series.

We rely heavily on the feedback of our players, the players are the building blocks of the mod inspiring us with ideas, and giving us new goals to reach, so I would just like to say a big thank you out loud to all the beta testers, development team and not forgetting addon makers that have allowed us to use their content in the mod.

Features

* One of our newest additions is making use of the new Operation Arrowhead expansion for ArmA2. This alone lets us add extra content cars, torches, thermal imaging which is used on our police helicopter, and anything else we could use!

* Great player save system, we all know ArmA 2 servers can be "difficult" to put it politely at the best of times, so in case the worst happens, when a player rejoins the server he will simply login and his progress is not lost, if you have saved on a regular basis of course.

* A variety of custom cars and structures that have been created for us, ambulance and fire station, very large Police headquarters with training rooms, chargers,challengers,BMW's, shooting ranges, you get the idea.

http://www.cityliferpg.com/photo/data/502/medium/evo.png 313 kb

http://www.cityliferpg.com/photo/data/500/medium/range.png 207 kb

*As in real life, you wouldn't trust anyone to look after your rights, new players cant just jump into police slots, you have to be on the registered officers server list for it to accept you picking the police or EMT side, meaning you will always have well trained,experienced, role-playing police force or medical team looking after you, If you think you could up hold the law, then you are able to apply to join the force.

arma2_2010-06-22_23-37-18-78.jpg

* A range of jobs and situations are available to you as a civilian, from lawyer to drug baron, mayor to repo man. Up to you.

http://www.cityliferpg.com/photo/data/502/medium/savanah3.png 419 kb

So please join us at www.cityliferpg.com to pre download our addon pack and read our rules, server should be live around 23:59 GMT, You can get the game server password from teamspeak.

Requirements

Players to be aged 16+

Be a member of our forums to be able to access addons and server rules

Players Must be on our teamspeak3 (with a working microphone) to play on the game server (Please use the same username)

Be willing to roleplay to the max and enjoy!!

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100 kb

Thank you ArMaTeC for all you help and everything you have done, from everyone @Citylife!!

Great job as always.

Police Department training is ongoing and will continue till all slots are full.

(Now comes the part were other so called "mods" out of the blue have new content and scripts)

Awesome!! What map do you play on?

Awesome!! What map do you play on?

Chernarus, with Arrowhead.

Oh, would you ever think about switching to takistan? It has enterable buildings for shops and after all that time spent on chernarus I think I may be burnt out from it :p.

Oh, would you ever think about switching to takistan? It has enterable buildings for shops and after all that time spent on chernarus I think I may be burnt out from it :p.

No as we made our own buildings and takistan isn't really city life! That aside we are about 10% on making our own map :yay:

Of course! You can't really have a conversation with the AI now can you? :p

Meh, you are using the shitty addon-auto-updater.

Therefore your install description looks ridiculously complicated, what happend to the mainstay of the OFP and ArmA series "put addon in addon folder and youre done".

using yoma is simple. theres even a step by step guide. dont have to put addons anywhere.... it does everything for u. the hardest thing some 1 has to do is make a shortcut and change the command line... and thats very easy... they even give u the command line to copy an paste...

Therefore your install description looks ridiculously complicated, what happend to the mainstay of the OFP and ArmA series "put addon in addon folder and youre done".

FPDR

So, they spent hundreds of hours of testing and developing this project and you're not intelligent enough to spend 5 minutes on how to use Yoma? Might it have struck you that it's easier and less time-consuming for devs to use auto-updaters?

What's/Who's shitty again?

Edited by Icewindo

I have to admit, I prefer systems like Bay Citys as well...Just log in and play. When they get their save-script like in Sahrani Life where you just have to register at a forum its perfect.

Sorry, but mandatory teamspeak EVERY time you are on, strange autoupdater, and complicated registration process are a turn-off for me.

I have to admit, I prefer systems like Bay Citys as well...Just log in and play. When they get their save-script like in Sahrani Life where you just have to register at a forum its perfect.

Sorry, but mandatory teamspeak EVERY time you are on, strange autoupdater, and complicated registration process are a turn-off for me.

why are ppl like that. they put many time in the project. so if you dont wanna play it you dont have to play it. but you dont have to say then anything.

its really easy to register on forum, do the download (its a good manual for all inside) and play ...

pll are strange, more than 1 mouseclick is complicated. just read the F...manual and all is easy.

didnt play it for long but they did a great job even in the testing stage it was fun like hell.

good job keep the good work on... ...try to play now more often ;)

greetz

masty

Is there a direct to download the mod?

Its very hard finding right in the website.

Im done with registration but have no clue what to do now :j:

No my extremely new Tovarisch, they are not using the "shitty addon-auto-updater". You could say that if they were using the Six-Updater, because it's so complicated it makes Yoma look like a maze with a "secret passage", that's highlighted of course, from beginning to end.

Im getting this error message while trying to check for addons in Yoma

"the remote server returned an error (404) not found

I get this message in City Life 2 server with Yoma :confused:

Im getting this error message while trying to check for addons in Yoma

"the remote server returned an error (404) not found

I get this message in City Life 2 server with Yoma :confused:

Iv done a check/test all is well and good. Sounds like a yoma URL mistake.

*AHEM*

While I appreciate the extensive effort and thought put into this mod, this is not my cup of tea. I would simply rather shoot people and blow stuff up than walk around acting as a mayor or civilian. I cannot understand why anyone would find it entertaining, but nevertheless, to those who do...have fun and enjoy. :ok:

Edited by Guy LeDouche
Grammatical Error