Sign in to follow this  
bigred78

Crash to Desktop, happens anytime...

Hello,

I am running ARM2-OP Arrowhead, with all the latest patches (1.07).

The game installed and runs well, graphics settings are set to high or very high all the way and overall performance is smooth.

However, that being said, the game crashes to desktop unexpectedly for no reason i can think of.

My video drivers are up to date, I use windows 7 x64 Ultimate and as mentioned before all seems to run smoothly.

Any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

:confused:

Does it happen when you hold ALT for freelook and then press shift-f4 to select to select a group.

I do that a lot.

Very Irritating.

No it happens whenever it feels like, usually within 10 minutes of playing though, usually less than that even.

However, I have been tinkering with things and used the "Run as.. Windows Xp SP3" compatibility mode...

Seems to have improved things a lot for me at the moment. I will continue testing to see how it goes...

:yay:

Hello,

I am running ARM2-OP Arrowhead, with all the latest patches (1.07).

The game installed and runs well, graphics settings are set to high or very high all the way and overall performance is smooth.

However, that being said, the game crashes to desktop unexpectedly for no reason i can think of.

My video drivers are up to date, I use windows 7 x64 Ultimate and as mentioned before all seems to run smoothly.

Any advice would be appreciated. thank you.

:confused:

i have exactly the same thing ,even when i try to launch single missions ,crash to desktop directly,and in campaign also at anytime!!

Well, the run as.. win xp parameter seemed to have some efffect but otherwise the game crashes all the time. too bad really, because this is a very good game/simulator...I'm starting to think that the Bohem Interac dev team shouls start looking at EA's Battlefield Bad Company 2 for hints/tips and advice as to where and how to program a game. No offence, but when something like BFBC2 can run at full graphics even on my mediocre system at respectable speeds all the while a ton of things are happening at once...and ARMA2 crashes if you look at the screen funny...you have a problem.

You see, where youve gone wrong there is to blame the game for your inability to troubleshoot your own PC's stability.

It makes you look very stupid.

You see, where youve gone wrong there is to blame the game for your inability to troubleshoot your own PC's stability.

It makes you look very stupid.

what do we need to make it works correctly??i think i have enough good hardware to make it turn well no??

i have several games in my pc ,and they all worked very well with absolut no problems the only one that is nort working is ao arma,arma2 work well now with the patch 1.07,but almost one year to make it work ,don t you think its long ?? ,i think that YOU are stupid.

i work in pc maintenance ,and i know exactly what is a pc,now let s try to find a solution without telling these kind of stupids answers ok??

No it happens whenever it feels like, usually within 10 minutes of playing though, usually less than that even.

However, I have been tinkering with things and used the "Run as.. Windows Xp SP3" compatibility mode...

Seems to have improved things a lot for me at the moment. I will continue testing to see how it goes...

:yay:

Same here. The crashes go randomly and I don't know what they depend on... Compatible moder? Hmmm... I'll try the tip this evening.

Try playing with ur ingame video memory settings in advanced video options

Mine was crashing if on 'default' with 1GB video card. It is meant to be on default if u have over 512MB card but my cards drivers don't like it.

any of the other settings work fine high, very high etc

Try playing with ur ingame video memory settings in advanced video options

Mine was crashing if on 'default' with 1GB video card. It is meant to be on default if u have over 512MB card but my cards drivers don't like it.

any of the other settings work fine high, very high etc

thx but it does not work too,i have an 1 gb graphic card i put in high ,bery high, default ,crash everytime.

thank you for helping vasmkd :)

your welcome ericd :), just trying to help even thou it didn't work for you.

Another fix i would try is to run your game as admin. right click the shortcut to your game or launcher and run as admin

See what happens

If it does run fine in admin take note of all ur settings and duplicate them while running in ur own profile

your welcome ericd :), just trying to help even thou it didn't work for you.

Another fix i would try is to run your game as admin. right click the shortcut to your game or launcher and run as admin

See what happens

If it does run fine in admin take note of all ur settings and duplicate them while running in ur own profile

well i already try this it looks like to work only in campaign mod,but not in solo missions,everytime i launch solo missions i have a ctd ,do you kow where are installed the original default solo missions that goes with arrowhead? , i can t find them.i think i install the game badly and that maybe the solo missions are not in his folder...

thx:)

Id'e think they are the "missions.pbo" files located in these folders

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Common

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\AddOns

i have the same problem. I have windows 7 64bit, when I instaled the game, I had this crash, next I patched the game to 1.52 version, then I plaied three hours and i didn't crash...but finally When i Started the game next time I had the crash still. please help me..

I have a similar issue...I get lockups actually, but i also have win 7 64 bit and suspect this might be the issue

as far as i can see ,it looks like there s a problem with win7 / 64 bits,i even can t launch any single mission,please lets try to find the common denenominator of our pc's to find a way to resolve this ..or bohemia please do something...now that i resolves my stutterings i have this problem of crash to desktop....

please put your hardware in signature to see if we can find a denominator between us..

I run Win7 Ulti 64 and have never had a problem with this game. I've never had a blue screen or CTD with ArmA2 or Arrowhead (that hasn't been caused by my own, hamfisted coding). It's one of the most stable applications on my PC.

Often crashes like these are overclock related.

I run Win7 Ulti 64 and have never had a problem with this game. I've never had a blue screen or CTD with ArmA2 or Arrowhead (that hasn't been caused by my own, hamfisted coding). It's one of the most stable applications on my PC.

ok so it s not win 7 64 so lets try the graphic card i have an ati 5852 1 giga

I have these issues also. I get CTD directly when I press "scenarios" from the main menu. Boot Camp runs fine, however.

Vista x64 (auto updated)

MSI P6n Sli Platinum

E6850 Core2Duo

4Gb Kingston HyperX

Xfi XtremeGamer

nVidia Geforce GTX 280

All driver are updated and also DirectX9 is up to date.

no overclocks for me ...and by the way my arma2 works very well ,with absolutly no problems ...

I tend to think it is win 7 64bit..maybe its the 64 bit. I have seen other programs do similar stuff with win 7 64bit and win x 64 bit.

Usually changing the compatibility work, I tried it with CO and so far it worked but only for 1 hour testing.

ASUS g73jh laptop

i7 q720 ....not overclocked

ati Hd 5870 ....not overclocked

6g of ddr3

win 7 64bit

Hey guys, just bought ARMA 2 OA because up until now i was absolutely in love with the series, but i must say this app crash is killing my opinion of this latest installment. For hopes of someone being able to help troubleshoot i installed this game on a brand new fresh install of Windoes 7 64bit with nothing but the latest drivers and windows updates installed. I get this crash in any mode of gameplay and at random times under random conditions, but it alwayse happens very soon to launching a game. I have tried v 1.51 (the version it initially installes with for me) and 1.52.71816 (as far as i know the most up-to-date ver). I have also tried older versions of nividia drivers aswell as not using the nvidia drivers and just using the windows default ones for my EVGA 9800 GTX+. No luck yet...

The crash alwayse says:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma2OA.exe

Application Version: 1.52.71.816

Application Timestamp: 562b029a

Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 7c809750

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

System info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name JOSH-PC

System Manufacturer OEM

System Model OEM

System Type x64-based PC

Processor Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80GHz, 2800 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG, 2/19/2008

SMBIOS Version 2.5

**EDIT**

I too am leaning twards win 7 x64 being the common factor of this issue after some research, but im not completely sold that its a problem within windows itself as my oroginal ARMA 2 runs great! infact ARMA 2 runs better in win 7 than it did in vista... But i have seen a few other programs that are struggling to be compatible with microsofts latest blunder. But i hope this is an issue that bohemia can overcome because the software i use for CGI and CAD run much better in 7x64 so i am not willing to downgrade back to vista. And Best Buy has already told me that they will not give me a refund as i have already opened and installed the game even though i believe this situation warrents a refund as the game is listed win 7 compatible and for a substantial amount of us it is anything BUT compatible. (and befor somebody starts caling me a moron for making sauch a generalized statement I AM aware that some if not many of you ARE able to run this fine under win7x64, but that is no reason that those of us that cant shouldent be helped.)

So Bohemia, I and im sure a great many others would be happy to give you what ever information you require to solve this, ive seen bug reports on this exact issue that are going un-resolved... so what do you need bohemia because theres a few of us, including me that want this game to work under 7x64...

Edited by jhebbel
update

tonight , i have re install the game and don t ask me why it works!! apparently it was a bad installation from the beginning,now it s ok i played the campaign and the solo missions without any problems at all 2 hours,no more crash.:yay:

Ive tried severl re-installes some even on fresh formats, can you remember ANYTHING you may have done differently this time ericd?

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit with an ATI 4870 so, would your Nvidia card be an issue? Have you a generous friend that would loan you an ATI card for a test?