Sign in to follow this  
rstratton

strange weapon issue

ok so im importing a rifle in game. the position of the rifle is fine in 3rd person view but in 1st person view all i get is this. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by rstratton

hmm, i definately remember seeing this before, unfortunately i dont remember the solution, IIRC it was an alpha issue (might be wrong though). Something to do with using older texture files instead of the newest PAA, could be worth trying "sort faces" too.

Again IIRC PUKF had the issue with their L96 when they stuck it in A2

ive tried alpha sorting, move top, move bottom. all kinds of shit

do you have a special muzzle flash at all becuase i think that can cuase it? Maybe try with the default BIS one and see if it sorts it.

If not try saving the textures as DTX3 or ARGB8888 instead of DTX5 in texview, might fix the issue.

Is your muzzle flash selection a proxy object?

IIRC some people had a similar problem early on in ArmA 2 development and it was solved by making the zasleh selection a proxy rather than having it physically in the model.

its a normal muzzle flash proxy like all of the bis weapons

its a normal muzzle flash proxy like all of the bis weapons

Are you sure? Because the muzzle flash being a part of the main model is the only cause I know of for this bug.

Maybe there is another semi-transparent/fully-transparent texture that could cause this, amybe the lens of the flashlight or somesuch?

Fixxed!!! the game does not like dxt5 textures in weapon pilot view.