Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF *OA Only* Weapons Pack 1.0

Holy cr*p! Love Robalo's work with the RH and UKF configs - with his configs and those models, I have just upgraded to Patience 2.1 !!

Yes looking really good 12th.

In real life, how is the ammo fed into the GPMP? Messiah's GPMG has a small belt hanging out but the BIS one has a box. I assume UKF's is the more accurate (for obv reasons). Did BIS then put it in a box for convenience's sake?

I couldn't tell from the pictures above which way you have elected to go with it.

In real life, how is the ammo fed into the GPMP? Messiah's GPMG has a small belt hanging out but the BIS one has a box. I assume UKF's is the more accurate (for obv reasons). Did BIS then put it in a box for convenience's sake?

I couldn't tell from the pictures above which way you have elected to go with it.

I'm not a british army though, but we split the links into 50 round links. And that 50rds is what we load it in the GPMG and let it danglings just like that. No box or anything like that. When moving, we roll the link around the body of the GPMG.

I assume it was like that in almost all military.

Thats the shit right there!!! Great to see you guys still working on stuff! :yay:

As Mr_Centipide has said really.

A loose 50-round belt seems to be the most common way you'll see British troops feeding GPMG. It allows the assistant to quickly add more links to top it up to 100 rounds or whatever is required, and ammunition would be distributed around the section in this form. Obviously modelling a huge amount of bullets in a lose belt will add a ridiculous number of polygons and be a pain in the arse to animate properly, so Messy opted to keep it short, and I've had no strong desire to change it. Though I am aware of the limits to the illusion of 'topping up' a 9-10 round belt to make a 100rnd_762x51_M240 mag.

There is a small metal drum mag available for the gimpy in the UK (can't remember how many rounds it carries, though it's certainly no more than 50), but they really aren't all that common and good reference images are even harder to come across. I've seen them used a bit more often by blokes doing foot patrols in Afghanistan in the past year or two (even though they've been around since the gun went from L7A1 to L7A2), but whenever I've seen footage of lads using the GPMG to put rounds down for any length or time; it's with loose belts.

Obviously once the first 50 rounds are gone, the gunner would likely be back to using the belts supplied by other members of the section anyway; so none of it feels quite as 'authentic' as opting for a loose belt. IIRC it's taught that you can go through at least 300-400 rounds by adding new link to the belt on a GPMG before you should stop to change the barrel or something; so it'd be a bit lame to have to stop and reload it every 50 rounds in ArmA for the sake of a nice drum on the side of the model.

To be honest I'd pitty any poor bugger carrying the weight of a 100 round bag of 7.62x51 link on the side of his gun like it is portrayed in ArmA: The FN MAG weighs nearly 14kg with just 50 rounds. Though I fully understand BIS' reason for doing it.

looking good :)

kite looks better on the L85 then the AUG i think :D

I tend to keep a 30-50 round belt on the gun itself, and then have a few more 50 round belts and some 100 round belts in pouches. And you need to change the barrel every 400 rounds.... Assuming you've been issued a spare one.

We only ever fit boxes of link to the vehicle mounted ones. As Da12th said, bollocks to carrying one of those on the side your gat.

looking good, is there going to be updated sounds with this update?

Da12th has provided separate sound configs so you can either use the original UKF sounds or any one of your favourite sound mods (I personally recommend JSRS with the optional UKF sound config, but others are good too, opinions vary, YMMV, etc etc ;) ).

Two questions! Are you still going to update the original SA80 A2 models, ie no RIS rails. And would you consider models with bayonets for authenticity sakes?

Make be able to get you reference for sight reticle, but i will PM you if I can.

Two questions! Are you still going to update the original SA80 A2 models, ie no RIS rails.

The only thing I've really done for them is add a couple of edges to the SUSAT's optical tube to make it a little rounder in first person (this is extended to all weapons fitted with SUSAT). And as I said, I added MaxiKITE to the LSW which still has the plastic handguard because a RIS hasn't been introduced for it yet. There are some other minor tweaks, but even I can't really remember what they are.

What did you have in mind exactly? Putting the CWS and/or VIPIR on them? I'm probably not going to do that, since the textures and UV mapping for these sights is on a separate texture to the one for the old plastic handguard (it's on an alternate version of the texture that had the RIS and ACOG on it). Putting the CWS on the old L85 did tempt me for a while as it was around even before the A2 upgrade, but it didn't seem to have as much utility in gameplay as putting it on the rifle with the RIS and LLM.

It would take a fair amount of work to re-map it all to merge the textures and keep section count to its current minimum (model sections in O2, not section in the ORBAT/TO&E sense) - so I'm not that keen on doing it. I can just about get away with it on the LSW because there is likely only going to be one or two of those per section, per mission (this time I mean section, as in a group of men ;)); so the performance impact of an extra section per weapon is less of a concern. That's if anybody's even uses any of the LSW variants - I rarely do. :D

The ammo box is beginning to be quite a task to scroll through as well. I'm already considering putting the BFA weapons in a separate box to make it easier to rummage through it. Currently there are 35 different weapons in the box:

1. L85A2 w/ ironsights
  2. L85A2 w/ ironsights & BFA
  3. L85A2 w/ SUSAT
  4. L85A2 w/ SUSAT & BFA
  5. L85A2 w/ SUSAT & RIS
  6. L85A2 w/ CWS, RIS & LLM
  7. L85A2 w/ LWTI & RIS
  8. L85A2 w/ ACOG, RIS & LLM
  9. L85A2 w/ ACOG, RIS, LLM & Suppressor
  10. L86A2 w/ ironsights (aka LSW)
  11. L86A2 w/ ironsights & BFA
  12. L86A2 w/ SUSAT
  13. L86A2 w/ SUSAT & BFA
  14. L86A2 w/ MaxiKITE
  15. L85A2 w/ ironsights & UGL
  16. L85A2 w/ ironsights, UGL & BFA
  17. L85A2 w/ SUSAT & UGL
  18. L85A2 w/ SUSAT, UGL & BFA
  19. L85A2 w/ CWS, UGL & LLM
  20. L85A2 w/ LWTI & UGL
  21. L85A2 w/ ACOG, UGL & LLM
  22. L85A2 w/ ACOG, UGL, LLM & suppressor
  23. L22A2 w/ SUSAT (aka Carbine)
  24. L22A2 w/ SUSAT & BFA
  25. L7A2 GPMG
  26. L7A2 GPMG w/ MaxiKITE
  27. L7A2 GPMG w/ VIPIR-2+
  28. L7A2 GPMG w/ BFA
  29. L110A2 LMG
  30. L110A2 LMG w/ SUSAT
  31. L110A2 LMG w/ CWS
  32. L110A2 LMG w/ VIPIR-2+
  33. L110A2 LMG w/ ACOG
  34. L110A2 LMG w/ BFA
  35. L110A2 LMG w/ SUSAT & BFA

Adding more weapons, that effectively just duplicate abilities of existing ones, might be pushing it a bit.

I think I'd need a very good reason to start doing any more work on them at this late stage really.

And would you consider models with bayonets for authenticity sakes?

Back in the day Chris did have a bayonet model to go on them, but without a script to use said bayonet there was no point including them - and believe me, working bayonets were a feature he really wanted to have. I neither have the bayonet model he made, nor the ability to script their use; so still no bayonets unfortunately.

Make be able to get you reference for sight reticle, but i will PM you if I can.

That'd be grand if you could.

As I said, I've got a couple of pics through the sight in surveillance mode, with the battery indicator, auto gain control display (AGC ON/OFF) and 'WHT HOT/BLK HOT' display (haven't included that bit as I wouldn't be able to make it change when player switches optics polarity), but none showing any aiming marks.

but without a script to use said bayonet there was no point including them.

I think someone on my teamspeak said I44 used a script for bayonets.

Great news, expecting it, and would you revamp the sound of the L85 series?

As Friznit posted before; no the sounds will remain the same.

However, they will effectively be optional: will be readily able to use any sound mod for BAF content in order to change the L85 sound to your liking.

The exact method by which it is achieved will change somewhat from what Friz has experienced so far, owing to Robalo's efforts to rationalise the config structure; but the end result will offer the same functionality.

I think someone on my teamspeak said I44 used a script for bayonets.

I'm aware of that; but as I said I don't have a bayonet model myself, or sufficient knowledge of scripting that would allow me to integrate it successfully with the current suite of scripted features. It requires a bit more knowledge of the script's operation, than simply copy and pasting the .sqs/.sqf files from one .pbo to another to get it to work. There is zero point in me asking I44 for the script (or UNN who made it IIRC), if it just sits on my HDD because I can't do anything with it.

Unfortunately there are limits to my 'talents'.

Have you ever thought about doing "ROCKET HAND FIRED PARA ILLUMINATING L12A2"? or Mini flares. Nothing like firing some mini flares at people to get them to fuck off.

Edited by rhaggan

Have you ever thought about doing "ROCKET HAND FIRED PARA ILLUMINATING L12A2"? or Mini flares. Nothing like firing some mini flares at people to get them to fuck off.

Would ArmA AI fuck off if you fired a flare at them? Probably not.

At best they'd go prone and spin around in at bit and the flare would disappear as soon as it hit the floor. :D

I can't really work out what different utility I personally could make a Schermuly flare-type 'weapon' have, that would make it any different to the existing flare gun in game, or using 40mm illum rounds with the L123A2.

Do you have any plans for a cooperation with StalkerGB? It would be great to see some of these new scopes on his L129A1! ;)

Do you have any plans for a cooperation with StalkerGB? It would be great to see some of these new scopes on his L129A1! ;)

AN/PVS-27 MUNS is issued as a NV sight for the L129, rather than a KITE variant - it goes in front of the main optics.

Don't know whether there is an IR sight on issue for sharpshooters, but it's probably not the one of the normal VIPIRs since the mounts for those that currently go on SA80, GPMG and LMG don't fit a picatinny rail. Alternatives might be the SVIPIR-2 used with the L115 (in a similar manner to MUNS), the AN/PAS-13D(V)3 HWTS that's around for weapons like the GMG and HMG, or whatever TWS there might be for UKSF's kit (no idea what they might use). In future the L129 might use the new FIST Thermal Sight - they're switching the SA80 and LMG over to picatinny rails for FIST.

However, I'm sure Stalker is aware that he's welcome to make use of the sights if he wants to. He's already played around with the my KITE sights; I think on some occasions, with more exotic weapons than just the UKF gats.

KITE has been sold to military and police forces in some 50 different countries around the world, from Austria to Zimbabwe and beyond; so I'm certainly prepared to share the mlods for these sights with people, in time.