Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

P:UKF *OA Only* Weapons Pack 1.0

UKF OP. ARROWHEAD WEAPONS PACK VERSION 1.0

This weapon pack represents UKF's first addon for the Operation Arrowhead. The core content of the pack is the same as the newly released UKF Weapon Pack Version 1.1 for ArmA 2, but this version utilises a number of the new features offered by the expansion pack to enhance the game-play experience and realism of our weapons beyond what was capable in ArmA 2.

This core content includes rifles with the latest accessories for operations in Afghanistan such as the new picatinny rail platform, and an ACOG scope provided by panda_pl and scubaman3D from the ACE mod. There are also some weapons fitted with a Surefire FA556-212 suppressor, as used by Special Forces Support Group. Other changes include improvements to the rvmats to utilise ArmA 2's DX9 "super-shaders" and detail maps, the weapons now also have shadow LODs and some of the lighting problems on the models have been fixed.

In total the pack contains a General Purpose Machine-Gun and nineteen SA80 variants; with numerous variations on the L86A2 Light Support Weapon, L85A2 Individual Weapon and L22A2 Carbine, including different sight configurations and blank-firing adaptors for training scenarios.

The sight-switching feature has been changed to utilise BIS' native support for back-up sights rather than using a scripted solution. However, the scripts have allowed us to implement both IR laser pointers and a torch for the Oerlikon LLM-01 attachment using the 'Shift+F' key-function, and the bipod folding feature is still present when the 'H' key is pressed. The weapons also have thermal imaging maps so that barrels and ejection ports will appear to heat up as the weapon fires continuously. The config has also been changed so that the pack has no dependency on ArmA 2 content that is not present in the standalone version of Operation Arrowhead.

Future versions of the UKF Arrowhead Weapons Pack will include electro-optic weapon sights such as the CWS and MaxiKITE Image Intensifiers (night vision scopes), and Thermal Imaging capabilities in the form of the VIPIR-2 thermal weapon sight.

Credits

Chris (a/k/a Pathy) - SA80 Models, Textures, Sounds, Config & Animation.

Messiah - GPMG Model & Textures.

DK - RVMats and other general help.

da12thMonkey - hand animations, textures and models for various weapon attachments, script integration

panda_pl and Scubaman3D (ACE) - original ACOG model

norrin (AAW) - bipod and sight-switching scripts.

Thanks to the various VOLCBAT guys for thorough Beta testing.

Includes

UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo

UKF_UKWeps_oa.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

UKF_UKWeps_oa_cfg.pbo

UKF_UKWeps_oa_cfg.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

UKF_L96a1.pbo

UKF_L96a1.pbo.ukf_signature.bisign

Installation

Simply extract the .pbo and .bisign files into your

"Arma 2\Addons" or other mod folder.

This addon requires Community Base Addon (CBA) for Extended Eventhandlers (XEH).

Known Bugs and issues

A few of the L96A1 models still have the "hand glitch" problem. This doesn't affect them all,

however, and so they're still worth including in the release. I believe the ones that work

are the Camo variants.

GPMG isn't fully animated.

There are a number of inherent issues with the model switching aspect of the scripts.

EULA

By downloading this content you agree to the following End User License Agreement:

1) Ownership and Permissions.

1.1 The content of the download is sole intellectual property of P:UKF and it's creator.

1.2 You shall in no way modify, repackage or reserve engineer any of the content of the .pbo

files included in this download, without first receiving prior permission from P:UKF.

1.3 You agree with this EULA that, should you modify said content without permission or

otherwise breach this EULA, you are liable to prosecution in a UK Court of Law, under the

Copyright Designs and Patents Act, 1988.

1.4 This content is provided for entertainment purposes. You may not use this addon for

commercial, military or teaching/training purposes.

2) Distribution.

2.1 You may distribute the .pbo files within this download freely, so long as the .pbo files

are unmodified (see 1.2), and the Readme File, including this EULA, is attached.

Additional Copyright

Project: UK Forces recognized norrin as the author of the bipod deployment scripts used by

this addon. The scripts have been modified by the UKF Team with the expressed consent of

norrin and the Australians at War (AAW) team, in order for them to work with this addon.

P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to copy or modify these scripts for use in

another addon. Those wishing to modify these scripts for their own use must contact norrin

for permission.

P:UKF has been authorised to use these scripts on condition that the scripts are not to be

used for commercial purposes without contacting norrin first, and that their use in VBS 2 or

its derivatives be prohibited by P:UKF.

The ACOG model used in this addon is used with permission from the ACE 2 mod team (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/Advanced_Combat_Environment)

P:UKF cannot grant third parties permission to modify models containing the ACOG mesh without

consent of the ACE 2 team.

Some textures are sourced from Photos provided by Matt Cetti Roberts (http://www.frontlinepictures.com/)

with his kind permission. Matt Cetti Roberts still retains his IP and Copyright on these

photos, and their use in this addon is under condition of use. For further information

please contact P:UKF

DOWNLOAD UKF_UKWEPS_OA 1.0

Requires Extended Eventhandlers (XEH), part of Community Base Addon (CBA)

DOWNLOAD CBA+XEH

Thanks to Steve from VOLCBAT for providing us with the accompanying release images

Please also note our other releases/updates:

Weapons pack 1.1 (for ArmA2, not OA compatible)

L115 Update

Shared/Misc Update for Landrovers and Jackals.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

I'd like to take the first post to thank Da12th for all the hard work he's put into bringing my weapons up to scratch. This is his release as much as anything, so, well done mate!

Edited by Pathy

really thanks but i have a problem , when i use it with OA , i try the flashlight and i have flashlight but lazer work too but the lazer go to right

really thanks but i have a problem , when i use it with OA , i try the flashlight and i have flashlight but lazer work too but the lazer go to right

Odd, is that with all the LLM models or just a specific one ie suppressed weapons? Also you have CBA and XEH don't you?

This is freaking awesome! :-D

I have noticed one problem, When equipping the L96, there is no ammo for it.

Edited by CannonousCrash

Odd, is that with all the LLM models or just a specific one ie suppressed weapons? Also you have CBA and XEH don't you?

i test with L85A2 With UGL, suppressor and ACOG

This is freaking awesome! :-D

I have noticed one problem, When equipping the L96, there is no ammo for it.

Quick solution, use the L115A3 instead because it's turbo sexual. :D

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

i test with L85A2 With UGL, suppressor and ACOG

Right, can't remember testing that particular one myself. I'm sure the brain child behind the LLM Da12th will be along shortly to answer that

I'll confirm that this happens on the suppressed weapons when the torch is on. Didn't notice it before because I rarely play in 3rd person. FPDR <- first time I use this emoticon and it's for myself :(

I'll look into fixing it ASAP and hopefully we can put out a patched version of the config I'm thinking I just need to include irdistance = 0 in these two classes.

Main .rar has been updated to fix this problem: download as usual:

If you downloaded before 15:50 GMT a small hotfix is available on the next page

Edited by da12thMonkey

Fantastic work, I've been waiting for these.

Quick question, will these work with Stryker's MTP units? By that I mean if I delete your original weapons pack will it 'spawn' the units with these latest variants?

Eddie, the non-RIS handgaurd versions are still in the pack so as far as I'm aware Stalkers units will continue to spawn in with the same versions of the weapons however the EBS on the SUSAT will work using the '/' key instead.

I'm sure Stalker mentioned he'd release an updated config adding the ACOG/RIS models as standard to his units so wait and see there I guess!

Aaaah, thanks for that:) Anyway, off to have a mess about with them.

Fantastic work, I've been waiting for these.

Quick question, will these work with Stryker's MTP units? By that I mean if I delete your original weapons pack will it 'spawn' the units with these latest variants?

They'll spawn with the upgraded version of the SUSAT weapons (with shadows, new textures etc) but not the fancy ones with the RIS. I sent Matt the classnames for the new weapons ages ago and AFAIK he already has a config set up to use them so he'll probably release an update to use them fairly soon.

Here's a hotfix to get rid of the erroneous lasers on the SD weapons if you downloaded before 15:50 GMT:

DOWNLOAD

Chris has updated the main .rar on the first page to include this hotfix so feel free to provide mirrors.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I'm uploading a fixed main .rar, should take about 10 minutes.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

Done!

Stellar work as per usual P:UKF! Even though I am chuffed about the BIS DLC, with quality like this continuing to trickle out from the community in a steady stream, it is beginning to feel more and more redundant.... Then again, I can never get too much Brit kit... Wonderful job at implementing these new features in such a speedy fashion!

Loving the EBS on the SUSAT but sadly I'm a bit of a klondike and have no idea how how to use the ACOG variants.

Any help (again) please?

Eddie, should still be the '/' key to use the Docter red dot sight ontop of the Acog.

Sorry, probably didn't make myself clear. What do I need to do or what units do I need to be able to use any versions other than the SUSAT one with no RIS? Stalker's MTP units will only make use of the SUSAT version.

Cheers.

In case you mean how to get the acog weapons into the editor: easiest way is to put down the UKF Weapon Crate under 'Empty\Ammo' That'll have all sorts of lovely guns in it.

/ to use backup sights

Shift+F to switch LLM mode (acog weapons only)

H to drop the bipod on the LSW and GPMG, or change the hand-grip on the UGL

In the unit's Initialisation line, you'll need to add something like

this addWeapon "ukf_l85a2_acog";