Sign in to follow this  
Polska111

Performance: Arma2 vs OA. Inconsistant.

Hey guys. I've found a strange problem I wonder it anyone can help me out.

I have Arma2, and as of 2 days ago ArmA2 OA.

My specs are as follows.

Intel i7 980X 3.33

XFX 5970 2gb

6gb ddr3 RAM.

Arma2 runs fantastic, couldn't be happier within reason. No lag, no sputtering, nothing. I then run ArmA OA and it runs strangely. It is sputtering, not a consistent lag, but momentarily stopping for a millionth of a second and then continuing.

The REEEALLY strange part is that I have the settings EXACTLY the same on both ArmA 2 standalone and ArmA 2 OA, and when I play the Standard ArmA2 campaign "Harvest Red" (I think) through the OA game, it is laggy, however when I play it through the standard ArmA 2 interface, it runs fine...Whats going on here kids? Help me out.

---------- Post added at 03:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Worth noting, it doesn't really help noticeably turning down graphics settings and/or draw distance. Not that it should make a diff cos its the same campaign in the same game with same engine, same settings and same computer.

AFAIK, Arrowhead does not have all the "goods" that came in the A2 1.07 yet. But I might be wrong.

AFAIK, Arrowhead does not have all the "goods" that came in the A2 1.07 yet. But I might be wrong.

they were added in the latest patch, but it doesn't help as much as I thought it would, but it still runs much better.

My experience has been the complete opposite of yours. I used to have lag spikes when going into forests and my mouse curser would shake a bit on the main menu screen and now with OA all that is gone.

the postprocessing settings in OA mean different things to the postprocessing in Arma2.

Very high in ArmA2 is like.. low in OA or something...

I know its probably not related to your problem.. but still...

I have the same problem...sometimes it runs ok, the other time it is stuttering, slow, you see that at the opening scenes in the menu at start.

I play around with the CPU affinity in EasyToolz, executing Arma at Threads 0-7, leaving 8 for use for other background programs....this usually helps for me.

The next time, it is slow again, i had to play around with the Threads over and over again, until it works.

Yesterday i had this problem again, and i see despite using Easy Toolz, only 3 Threats of 8 were used by 100%...i am not shure but i remember it sometimes use 4??

Edited by Pranne

the postprocessing settings in OA mean different things to the postprocessing in Arma2.

Very high in ArmA2 is like.. low in OA or something...

I know its probably not related to your problem.. but still...

Yes, it took a while to tweak the settings so they're just right.

But graphically they look exactly the same, there is no visual differences? and the missions are the same so you would assume thered be no changes? I am hella confused now.

Some questions:

- Are you running the latest beta patch, or standard 1.52?

- have you disabled vsync?

- what do you have post processing set to in OA?

- are you running any mods?

Im running 1.52

Vsync set to off via Catalyst control center (same on Arma 2 and OA)

Post Processing se tto high on arma 2 and normal on OA.

No mods.

Edited by Polska111

Hi, I'm having exactly the same problems in OA.

Bad performance compared to A2 (let's say 15-20 FPS, much better in A2) and little stutterings every 10 seconds where the frames go down to 7 FPS... :( Very bad...

This happens when I play missions / MP missions with much activity. In the editor the frames are perfect (up to 70 FPS).

Some questions:

- Are you running the latest beta patch, or standard 1.52?

- have you disabled vsync?

- what do you have post processing set to in OA?

- are you running any mods?

- Running the latest patch, having the latest drivers

- Vsync disabled

- Post processing is disabled

- No mods running

Edited by Undeceived

Yeah, same problem here :) OA scene looks so empty and i have lower FPS then in Arma 2, lol