Sign in to follow this  
CoolSpy

Project "Crye Multicam Combat Shirts & Pants": Looking for 3D modeler and texturer!

Hello folks,

This post is just a first step stone in what could be the creation of realistic US special forces gear.

I am a big military gear fan and leader of a SOF Reenactment Team (who play Airsoft). I have some pretty good knowledge of current military gear and own alot of real deal gear parts (plate carriers, mich helmet...)

Like some people, I would love to finally see realistic looking special forces operators in Arma 2.

For example, I am very surprised that so far, no one ever created an accurate model of the Crye combat pants & shirts (not just texturing). Surprised because this is by far the most common apparel for Special Operations Forces right now and for the years to come and because it simply looks awesome.

I am neither a 3D modeler nor a good texture maker, I am just what you could see as a "military gear consultant". (don't take that title too seriously lol). I have some texturing skills though, but still limited.

Now, I guess the 3D model needs to be created from scratch to get a good result.

If someone has some valuable skills at 3D Modeling and texturing in Arma, I would be glad to help by providing any necessary pictures of the gear involved since I own a complete set and can take any picture needed or provide any info you want (measures, details...)

The best thing would be to have 2 versions of the Crye apparel: Multicam and AOR1 camo patterns

As a second step, I can also help to create LBT 6094 Plate Carrier (the most popular nowadays), Paraclete HPC, Paraclete RAV models since I also got some. I also have tons of molle pouches.

Combined with a good crye combat gear model, this would dramatically enhance the look of the operators ingame.

Please contact me if you think you could be interested in this project. I will be glad to offer my help about the technical info you need and offer my advices on your ongoing work!

For people who have no idea what Crye gear is, here is a few pics (most of the operators on these pics wear LBT 6094 Plate Carrier):

First, Crye Combat Pants and Shirt in Multicam pattern:

cryeexample.jpg

Here, Crye Combat Pants and Shirt in AOR1 pattern:

cryeexample02.jpg

Here, a detailed look at the Crye gear

APRCS402.jpgAPRCP40232R-B.jpgAPRCP40232R-C.jpg

Edited by CoolSpy

I ain't no modeller nor texturer, but I wish you the best of luck with this project, and I hope people who are intrested in helping. I Doubt a all new model is needed. Just take ArmA2 character sample model, and edit it to match the results wanted. :)

So in other words you look for 2 people to do most of the work so you can continue your reenactment online?

There is a request addon thread stickied right on top.

Thanks for your kind message.

If sending detailed pictures, providing precise measures, drawing an accurate maping of the apparel, giving advices if the 3D model look accurate or not, helping mix realistic gear parts to get an accurate looking SOF model, and gathering any info needed to do the job sounds too lazy for you.... then I am very sorry!

Of course 3D modeling and texturing is "most" of the project... but you really don't have to be an jerk about the fact that I would like to gather people around this very project!

Nixo is working on some units like that.

Yeah, I posted in the sticky, it might be a better place but knowing that I would like to participate in the project, I thought that I could create a post and see where it leads.

Concerning Nixo's work, it's about Multicam but not Crye combat apparels, it's looking very different.

Hello folks

Hello.

For example, I am very surprised that so far, no one ever created an accurate model of the Crye combat pants & shirts (not just texturing). Surprised because this is by far the most common apparel for Special Operations Forces right now and for the years to come and because it simply looks awesome.

That is very subjective, wouldn't you say?

I am neither a 3D modeler nor a good texture maker, I am just what you could see as a "military gear consultant". (don't take that title too seriously lol). I have some texturing skills though, but still limited.

Well, without any offence towards you, when starting a project, you would need to be able to contribute towards and end result. Find pictures reference images is good and all, but doesn't do much towards an end result, but rather it helps starting it.

Without any will to sink your boats, i doubt there will be someone willing to spend time on such a project, for a number of reasons:

1. ego - why would anyone take full credit for the hard work needed for texturing/modelling, someone who only delivered refs (no matter how good those are)

2. involvement - most modellers/textures are already involved in their own projects, together with a team or by themselves.

So, your best bet atm, would be to put as many refs down in the ADDON Research Topic, and hope someone will pick it up. You would need close ups of the gear, as well as general overview if those i guess.

Best of Luck either way

To be clear.... I absolutely don't plan to appear anywhere in the credits, I just want to help and don't need my name to appear anywhere.

Simply put, I just want to play with the addon to get the best experience possible in Arma2!

Anyway, I might get into modeling, I found a few tutorials and trying to familiarize with the basics. Since it will be mainly modifications of existing models, I guess it should be less complex than creating say a new tank!

Simply put, I just want to play with the addon to get the best experience possible in Arma2!

So... Yeah... Basically an addon request then. FPDR

To be clear.... I absolutely don't plan to appear anywhere in the credits, I just want to help and don't need my name to appear anywhere.

Anyway, I might get into modeling, I found a few tutorials and trying to familiarize with the basics. Since it will be mainly modifications of existing models, I guess it should be less complex than creating say a new tank!

FPDR

and

FPDR

this is an addon request then....