Sign in to follow this  
Buzz_Fledderjohn

Buzz co-op mission release thread

Hello and welcome to my co-op missions release thread. I have been creating missions for our community for a while now and now I'm ready to release them publically.

I strive to make missions that are not only fun but also require tactics and teamwork. Most of my missons are for 14 people or less. Realism is very important to me. You won't see everybody running around with a sniper rifle and an AT launcher in my missions (well, except my first one :P). After all, when it comes to gear and weapon selection soldiers in real life don't get a lot of choice either. Limiting the amount of gear the players have forces them to improvise, use good tactics and 'make do' with what they have.

Some of my missions make use of Norrin's revive, but since the release of my mission Airmobile Assault I prefer to use the BIS First Aid Module for a more tactical experience. Revive is great for Domination-like missions, but it also makes people more careless IMO. I have noticed that if people receive only one life per mission, they play much more tactically. Also, if you don't go overboard with the amount of enemies you place, it leaves more room for communication and tactical decisions.

I don't limit myself to BLUFOR missions, I also dig OPFOR and Independant stuff. Some of them contain voice acting, but most don't. Many of my missions are inspired by real-life conflicts, though they are all fictional.

Anyway, enough talk. Here are the missions! Click on the spoiler buttons to read the entire readme for each mission (also included in the .zip). The @ in the name of the mission means you need a few addons for it. You can find a link to those in the readme.

If you find bugs, mistakes or have criticism / ideas to share, please post it here. :) You are free to modify my missions for personal or internal use, but please DO NOT re-release them somewhere else after doing so. You will notice that the missions are made by 'Nimster'. That is my name in another community.

Have fun!

---

CO12 Bad To The Bone

badtothebone.th.jpg

Description:

A team of Russian Spetsnaz commandos moves into Chernarus for "mopping up" operations. Three villages must be cleared of resistance members. You get two Vodniks for support.

Download:

Bad To The Bone v1.1

Armaholic mirror

Full readme and briefing:

+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

|B|A|D| |T|O| |T|H|E| |B|O|N|E|

+-+-+-+ +-+-+ +-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

By [TDNL]Nimster

A co-12 mission for ArmA 2

Author website: http://www.Arma2.NL

DESCRIPTION:

------------

The Russian government views nationalistic guerrillas of the NAPA as terrorists and orders a Spetsnaz unit (the players) to conduct "mopping-up" operations deep inside Chernarus. According to the Russian government, Chernarus belongs to the Russian Federation, whereas the NAPA and the majority of the Chernarussian people believe that Chernarus must maintain independance. As a result, the country has seen many years of violence.

Your task: clear three villages of enemies.

You will receive two Vodniks for support. They are the only two armoured vehicles you have, so be careful.

Team size: capacity is up to 12 players, but it's playable with fewer people as well. If you play with 8 people or more, I recommend you split up in two teams, each in their own voice channel.

DIARY:

------

August 6, 2009

My Spetsnaz brothers and me have been sent to Chernarus again. Those barracks were getting more and more boring every day, I'm glad to be away from all the bullshit for a while. Fuckin' officers...

Chernarus is a beautiful country, shame of all the violence. But we are here to fix that. Fight fire with fire.

Today we have to clear three villages. Simple. Our UAV has spotted a couple of NAPA patrols as well as a large CDF presence on the airfield, so we might want to avoid going there.

Those guerrillas are in for a big surprise, haha... can't wait to shoot some of them.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

----------------

None.

INSTALLATION:

-------------

Simply copy or extract the .pbo to your MPmissions map.

CHANGELOG:

----------

v1.1

- Added more patrols

- Added more enemy vehicles

- Fixed mission name, now conforms to the mission naming standard

v1.0

- First release

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

- Everybody who answered my questions and helped me test my mission.

- Kronzky for his Urban Patrol Script.

- mikey for his TaskHint function.

- Norrin for his revive script.

- Bohemia Interactive for their great games.

- OFPEC, treasure of information.

- Armaholic, ArmedAssault.info and all the other great mission / addon hosts.

- And last but not least, my good buddies at Tangodown.

CO@12 Red Snow

redsnowbanner2.th.jpg

Description:

The players join a Navy SEAL team and go on a mission to blow up a bridge, destroy two Tunguskas and a Spetsnaz encampment. Please read the in-game briefing and tips, they contain important information.

Download:

Red Snow v1.0

Armaholic mirror

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

|R|E|D| |S|N|O|W|

+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+

By [TDNL]Nimster

A CO 12 mission for ArmA 2

Author website: http://www.Arma2.NL

DESCRIPTION:

------------

The players join a Navy SEAL team and go on a mission to blow up a bridge, destroy two Tunguskas and a Spetsnaz encampment. Please read the in-game briefing and tips, they contain important information.

REQUIRED ADDONS:

----------------

Namalsk Island

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=87834

Schnapsdrosel's unit pack

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=80944

SITUATION:

----------

Date: 23 February, 2010

In the final weeks of 2009, intense war broke out between Russia and the United States. Both parties are now fighting over the long-disputed Namalsk Islands, located in the Bering Strait between Russia and the state of Alaska. In times of peace, the island of Namalsk is home to scientific research, biodiversity and an active industry revolving around the island's many natural resources. Now it's a theatre of war.

After roughly three months of fighting, the Americans seem to be winning. The northern and eastern parts of the island are now in American hands. The Russians in the southern part of the island are desperate; they are fighting back as hard as they can, but many units are now retreating to the western coast. They are trying to get back to the Russian mainland.

You are part of a US Navy SEAL team codenamed "Stingray" which has been deployed to Namalsk. Your unit is to blow up Brensk Bridge. This will cripple the Russian retreat. You must also take care of the AA threat on Seraja mountain and at Brensk to make air support possible for tomorrow's operation, as well as destroy a Spetsnaz encampment. Last week those bastards killed two American soldiers during one of their nightly raids. Make them pay.

CHANGELOG:

----------

v1.0

- Revive should now work

- Fixed Spetsnaz boss dying too early

- Both teams can now trigger the new task

- Added and changed a couple of patrols

- Changed a couple of triggers

- Changed Spetsnaz camp

- Fixed Saboteur spawning with wrong ammo

- Corpsman now spawns with M16 w/ ACOG

- Raised volume of all custom sounds

- A lot more misc. tweaks that I can't remember right now

v0.9

- First release

SPECIAL THANKS TO THE VOICE ACTORS:

-----------------------------------

- Palehorse1 (HQ)

- SiC (Stingray Operator)

- Check out the Voice actors forum group: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90625

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

- Sumrak for his great island

- Schnapsdrosel for his units

- Kronzky for his Urban Patrol Script

- Tophe for his House Patrol script

- Norrin for his revive script

- mikey for his TaskHint function

- SiC for his trigger scripting help

- Killg0re for revive testing and being awesome

- All the great addon & mission host sites

- OFPEC

- Bohemia Interactive, for their great games

- The members of Tangodown.NL - Dutch Tactical Gaming Community

CO@14 Airmobile Assault

airmobileassault.th.jpg

Description:

In this mission your team assumes the role of the Dutch Luchtmobiele Brigade (Air Manoeuvre Brigade). You are operating in Helmand Valley in support of a Dutch-British exchange project and must wipe out the Taliban and destroy several weapon caches.

Download:

co@14_Airmobile_Assault_v1.1.zip

Armaholic mirror

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

|A|I|R|M|O|B|I|L|E| |A|S|S|A|U|L|T|

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

v1.1

By [TDNL]Nimster

A CO@14 mission for ArmA 2

Author website: http://www.Tangodown.NL

DESCRIPTION:

------------

In this mission your team assumes the role of the Dutch Luchtmobiele Brigade (Air Manoeuvre Brigade). You are operating in Helmand Valley in support of a Dutch-British exchange project and must wipe out the Taliban and destroy several weapon caches.

BRIEFING:

---------

Greetings gentlemen, have a seat.

As you all know, you have been flown to Helmand province in light of the new Dutch-British exchange project. We are here to provide help and support to our allies, and they are doing the same for us in Uruzgan. Today your mission is as follows:

You, soldiers of the 11 Luchtmobiele Brigade, will assist the British Army in sweeping Helmand Valley and removing Taliban presence. While the Brits are fighting in the south, you will be deployed a few kilometers to the north.

You must rid the area of insurgents and destroy every weapon cache you can find. The Taliban is dug in relatively deep here and the terrain can be difficult to navigate as a result of bridges that have been blown up. The Chinook will make your mission a whole lot easier, so keep it in one piece! Fly low, don't hover in the air for very long and watch out for Strelas. And as usual, be on the lookout for IEDs! They appear almost everywhere these days.

Our UAV has spotted the approximate locations of the weapon caches. They have been marked on your map.

Goede jacht, heren! (Good hunting, gentlemen!)

FEATURES:

---------

- Dutch Army units by Aeneas2020

- Helmand Valley by Kinno

- Taliban units (FFAA Terrorists)

- First Aid Module

- No respawn

- Random patrols using UPSMON script

REQUIRED ADDONS:

----------------

Helmand Valley:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10408

Dutch Army:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9118

FFA Terrorists:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8146

RAF Chinook:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6232

CHANGELOG:

----------

v1.1

- Added more enemy patrols and random enemy units

- Removed some of the enemy Strela gunners

- Target qualas are now guarded at all times.

- Gave the engineer roles an extra satchel charge.

- Couple of more misc. changes

v1.0

- First release

CREDITS & THANKS:

-----------------

- Aeneas2020 et al for the Dutch Units

- Kinno for Helmand Valley

- Monsada for his UPSMON script

- shk for his Taskmaster function

- All the great addon & mission hosting sites

- Bohemia Interactive, for their great games

- The members of Tangodown.NL - Dutch Tactical Gaming Community

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

They sound fun, Hope you make an SP version someday.

Adding my third mission, 'Airmobile Assault'. Hope you'll like it. :)

Bug reports and / or criticism is always welcome.

co@14_Airmobile_Assault_v1.1.zip

Armaholic mirror

EDIT: I'm really curious about what you guys think of the amount of enemies in this mission. Too many, too few or just right?

EDIT 2: Man, Big is quick with his Armaholic mirrors, thanks buddy :)

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Hi! Any chance to receive a no-revive version of "bad to the bone"?

Thanks for your missions.