Sign in to follow this  
breeze

Buildings

I dont know if this is the spot But I am very curious as to wether or not any of the talented guys that mod actual models have any intent on making some really good ones now that we can go inside of them.

It just seems to me now having that in this game really opens the door to all types of close quarter urban warfare as well as the traditional with really good building sets this game really becomes boundless in terms of the type of content mission makers could then make

Anyway I was just wondering if thats happening or where I could possibly download such types of addons.

hi im thinkin the same way,

maybe we could help eachother.

im planning to model some nice buildings for OA

but im looking for some tutorials to get them from 3dmax to OA

i was thinking of building a school's, embassy's, police stations, bigger market buildings, stuff like that.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Hi there,

I'm on the point of making my first buildings too.

There is an ok tutorial on top of the page for O2 editing, i used it and combined it with Mondkalb's tutorial.

So my experiance is that you can model your house in 3ds max, make sure all polygons are quads or trips !! very important.

Then you can make the uv maps in 3ds max too(nice and easy, NOT easy in O2).

after making the Uv map in 3ds max you can now from these uv templates make your textures, the texture_co.tga, texture_nohq.tga, texture_dt.tga and the texture_smdi.tga.

With the plugin from "Soul_Assassin" you can then make the ambiant shadow map ( texture_as.tga )

Now all texture are there, you can now use 3ds max to materialize your object, check the video tutorial about that. ( super shader shhit ?!? )

Then i switch over to O2, so i export the model from max with the plugin, i dont make the geo lod and shadow lod in 3ds max, i make them in O2, seems easier.

Everytime i think to "just" explain what i know about it, and everytime i find myself not knowing what to tell anymore, well if you have any question just fire away.

I think a combination between Soul_Assassin and Mondkalb's tutorials should help you on the way.

Later,

Allie

I really like the plugin, you can now push models out of max in minutes.

Edited by Alliexx

thanks for your reply

i think im going to need your help in a later stadium have to refresh all things i once did in 3dsmax long time ago :)

greets BM

You know I Just think that is some buildings were to mtch the different themes we had but had large interiors with good cover inside warehouses and such maybe player placed building addons could be placed and the city module might even build around it to blend them in. But I hope you guys can get something going and maybe develop the interest in people that have that talent it will help take the game to another level. When I free up with the personal shit here I would be willing to help but I haven't ever done it.

we'll see where this is going.

im going to install 3dsmax 2011 now and

have a look if i still know how it works last time i used it was i think 6 years ago :)

I would like to see a very detailed capitol hill :)

Probably i'm flaged now, also because my entebbe map, they found out that there are very easy accesses to viral stuff in Kampala.... Duh, why u think i'm making this airport....The UN and USA have invested millions in security in that country, but nobody knows about this.

We need more "real" locations.

Later,

Allie

Among my many projects, I am currently working on a Generic U.S. Embassy. It's three floors on the two outer buildings, two floors on the section that connects the two. It's roughly 150m x 450m. I am just working on the farthest view lod atm, going to start working on the finer detail shortly. I am wanting it to be enterable like the hospital was in Chernogorsk, except, I'm thinking of making one in a cleaned up fashion, and maybe one in a "people just tossed stuff and dropped stuff in a hurry as they were evacuating" situation.

Still a very early WIP.

can i just ask i don't know how to use construct in editor for myself can anyone help ??????

Edited by jackatm