Sign in to follow this  
$able

Explanation: Why does BattlEye need administrator privileges now?

yeah no problem.

When I run OA it works fine with no issues and like nuxil suggested, i can only play on servers with it disabled. However, I want to play on =wb= public server which uses BE but everytime I join it will kick me within a few seconds (Battleye client failed to initialize) having sent a few hours going over the forums to see how others have solved it I figured that running the program as administrator would solve it. Only this brought up another problem, when i try to launch it as admin it wont launch and comes up with the error message: Cannot Initialize DirectInput (DirectX 8 required). when i searched this error message, it came up with an issue with battleye but on a game called soldat.

That's not a BE issue, no. Also, the error you mentioned is not related to missing administrator privileges, but rather to BE not being installed.

Do you have a folder called "BattlEye" in your "Expansion" directory?

I am not talking about the BattlEye folder in the root install directory (which is for ArmA 2), but the one in the "Expansion" directory. Are you sure you have a BEClient.dll in there?

If that's the case, I don't see why you are getting the "BattlEye initialization failed" error.

Yeah, like i said, all files are in the correct place. I even downloaded the .dll file from your site but that did nothing.

Anti-cheat will never be perfect. No matter what the case, malware security software will always have drawbacks. Yes, having running Punkbuster as a service is nice and convenient, but it doesn't address the true security concern. You just don't notice it because it is now directly governed by the operating system, as opposed to making the user manually run with administrator privileges. You're just going to have to suck it up if you want to play a clean game. I doubt ArmA is much of a target on the 0day scene anyway.

As far as UAC goes, please please please for the love of God: DO NOT DISABLE IT. It concerns me when people dangerously advise others to use this a band-aid. As annoying as it may be, UAC actually serves a meaning purpose. Doing so is far more of a security vulnerability than having to run a game as an administrator.