Sign in to follow this  
Gamerboy37

enemy respawn help***

Hello all and thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me. I am creating a mission and I want to have a squad pinned down by waves of enemies. The plan is that the player is the squad that is bringing relief to the pinned down squad. As I understand, respawn doesn't work in single player so I have a big question:

How can I make the enemy squads keep respawning after being defeated and keep coming back for more?

Here is my temporary solution:

• I just make all the enemies that will attack the squad in the editor and based on timers and triggers come and attack the squad.

• I also considered the createunit command, but I would also need help with that if anyone knows about that.

I prefer to have a re-spawn script to handle this so that the overhead isn't overloaded with tons of enemies already on the map from the start.

Sorry for my ignorance but I really want to make this believable mission.

Again, thanks in advance for anyone who can help me.

Heres the link to the Mission editing & scripting threads post there. And youre questions will be answered.

Oh and there is a funny thing on the top of the website that says SEARCH

Dude, I truly appreciate the link you provided. But with the snide remark, you can keep your help to yourself next time. There is a better way to say things. For one I have been searching and simply couldn't find any related topics that addressed my particular problem. So again I reluctantly say thanks for at least providing the link to the proper forum, but you should work on your people skills.

:rolleyes:

Well if you checked the 3rd sticky in this section you would see the post by Placebo stating No Editing threads here please.

Check the forum rules first and you wont get any snide comments. The moderators have thier work cut out moderating these forums and it helps when people read the rules and stickies that are there for a reason.

Edited by UKMERC

@Gamerboy37 feel free to pm if you have any questions but check out UPS it can be used for SP to do exactly what you are wanting DAC will work as well but may be like hitting a fly with a sledge.

Cheer's

ChefD www.10thsfg.org

How about create it in MP editor, and play it on your own computer LAN. Then respawns, etc are available for the mission.