Sign in to follow this  
MCX77

Dogs of War: Problem With Lopotev

Hi,

I have a strange problem during the hand-off of Mr. Lopotev over to the Russians. At the base, I got into the waiting truck with my team and Lopotev and drove to the required coordinates.

Once I get there, I see the cut scene where we hand over Mr. Lopotev ... a firefight starts but then when I get control back, Razor team is frozen (they don't move) and the attackers are also frozen. Sometimes, the Russians with Lopotev don't even get into their truck ... but the truck does move and drives away.

I can shoot the attackers ... but they don't fall to the ground: they just stand there.

If I press ESC, I have the choice between "Skip" and "Abort" ... Skip takes me back to a loading screen and then back to the exact same spot. Abort takes me back to the beginning of the cut scene ... and I run into the same problem.

I looked in the forum and a few people reported the same but they didn't mention their solution.

Does anybody have any ideas? Please note that I have not yet destroyed the Chedaki base, I was keeping that for last ...

If you wonder, I'm running Arma 2 with the latest patch (1.07).

Thanks!

I made sure to save before that cutscene and then I kept reloading it until the enemy guys die when I shot them. Razor was frozen still I think but if you kill the guys then it resets.

Well, I spent the better part of the night trying ... I must have reloaded about 20 times. No luck: everything freezes as usual. Anybody else has an idea?

Thanks

Mine always froze. But i was able to kill the OPFOR guys one time.

I also have this problem, tried it three times last night and didn't work :( FPDR

I give up.

I actually *restarted* the entire Dogs of War mission from the start.

This time however, I decided to destroy the enemy base before going for Lopotev ... my reward for redoing all this?

A nice error which kicks me out of the game instead of showing me the ending cinematic:

Out of memory (requested 0 KB).

footprint 1008411666 KB.

pages 49152 KB.

So, I give up.

I really do.

I'm un-installing this game and never buying another game from Bohemia Interactive ever again.

And before, you ask: yes, I did a search in the forums for the out of memory error but there isn't anything to help me and yes, I am running patch level 1.07.

Good luck to everybody else out there!

I'm sorry it didn't work out. Its a very complex mission though. I've never seen another company attempt anything like it. You should get OA. The single player missions and the campaign are both very good and I never had a problem with either. I found no bugs and it ran decently on my computer despite the fact that my computer sucks and I think is even below minimum requirements. You can always try the endmission cheat to see the endings.

That's a right, God-damned shame. You'd think these missions would be playable by the time the game's freaking expansion was out, but, clearly, no.

I had the same problem, I put it down to a problem with the bridge vs. a vehicle you may use to get there though luckily I saved the game ~300m from the bridge/handover point.

It took about 20 attempts trying different things and placing my team in different places, even after it if you got threw the handover on the bridge your collection via helicopter would be bugged and you could not get into it and every time you faced in the direction of the bridge objects with transparent textures would disappear (trees etc) and there would be a problem with object clipping.

In the end I exited and restarted the game, then with my team when on foot to the left of the bridge to the hillock overlooking the pool by the bridge ware I placed them laying prone facing ware the solders would come from, I then left them to go back to the truck to drive it to near the bridge parking it on the right on the bit of grass just before the bridge (ware the truck ends up in the cut-scene), the cut-scene starts but rather than all my team ending up on the bridge with me as per all the other times they stayed on the hillock and engaged the attacking solders and everything worked perfectly.

So it is either exiting the game back to desktop and restarting it then playing from the save before the bridge &/or placing your men on the hillock to the left of the bridge that clears the buggy logic that is causing the freeze after the cut-scene, though ironically I did send my men to the same spot the first time I played as my backup for the handover, so I would say exiting the game and restarting it then loading the last save before the bridge is perhaps rewriting buggy scripts that weren’t getting rewritten during successive reloading of save points in the first place! (I.e. there were element of what you had done in the rest of “dogs of war†that are NOT written in save files BUT are remaining in the computer memory across multiple reloading of saves until the game is exited back to desktop then restarted)

Almost a year on, this is still totally bugged, especially at Lopotev. How Bohemia have the audacity to sell incomplete software as riddled with unworkable bugs as this and the previous ArmA/Flashpoint games is beyond my comprehension. As the guy above - I gave up, uninstalled, sold on ebay for peanuts, never to bother with any Bohemia products again - Congrats guys, you ripped us all off.

Congrats guys, you ripped us all off.

Speak for yourself and not for all. I do not feel ripped off, maybe because I'm never-give-up-type of person and have completed Harvest Red two times with recent patches.

I agree BIS should give more attention to official missions and still keep fixing them since they are the thing most people play first after they buy the game and if they are disappointed too much they may abandon the game just because of pure demand for quality and I understand that.

However making non-detailed statements like "this is still totally bugged, especially at Lopotev" is nowhere near helpful. For me capturing and delivering Lopotev to Russians was not buggy at all just two weeks ago when I completed Dogs Of War. Believe me I have gone through experienced lot of bugs. So many that I have not got the time to make CIT reports for all of them, but I have always found a workaround.

For those who have not sold their BIS games I want to say. You can still change things. BIS will repair things we demand most, but we need to be detailed when describing bugs, we need to report them to CIT or vote and comment reports made by someone else. If all people who have had experienced bugs and wrote about them here in official missions we would have 100+ votes for each official mission bug and certainly they would be boosted in priority.

when the mission starts that CDF commander tells me that i can talk to Ltn. Marny and Ltn. ****(some Slavic surname) to get some intel. however, those two guys just stand immobile next to a vehicle and worst of all-i can't talk to them! except that "target, location, weather" no other option are available.

i'm playing the 1.09 patch. is this normal?

when the mission starts that CDF commander tells me that i can talk to Ltn. Marny and Ltn. ****(some Slavic surname) to get some intel. however, those two guys just stand immobile next to a vehicle and worst of all-i can't talk to them! except that "target, location, weather" no other option are available.

i'm playing the 1.09 patch. is this normal?

Not sure if it is normal, but same thing happened to me both times I completed Dogs Of War. The last completion was with 1.59 beta patch. So if it is a bug, it is an old one and it is not fixed on CO side either.

However I'm sure they have no important information that would be needed to hear from them to get the best possible ending for the mission, since I got Flawless Victory status without talking to them about anything but weather.

Ofcourse CDF commander didn't mention when to talk to them, so there might be some situation between objectives that they might tell you something if you just go through all the trouble to visit HQ every now and then.

In Dogs Of War mission there are some parallel information, for example you will hear from Lopotev location both from USMC HQ and from Chedaki POW. Even if you have heard about it from one, Razor will listen and react like they never heard about it before.

Edited by Hanzu

ah thanks for clarifying Hanzu! i thought there was no way to finish it unless they tell me some valuable info. all right then, i'm gonna disregard them and move on to objectives. can u advise me what to do first?

i've noticed that game keeps asking me to free a town after town...it's getting boring, i'd like to cancel those and do something more clandestine.

can u advise me what to do first?

i've noticed that game keeps asking me to free a town after town...it's getting boring, i'd like to cancel those and do something more clandestine.

Capturing all towns is not required for best possible mission ending and Flawless Victory status, but you can capture as many as you want and let NAPA capture others.

Captured town objectives are not listed in Debriefing. Only the one that is assigned to you when mission ends is visible in Debriefing so ideally if you (and NAPA) complete all towns before ending the mission then Debriefing is missing Capture <townname> objective(s).

Where to start:

Capture Chernogorsk first to get USMC back in case you have collected enough evidence in previous missions.

Then you could do this: (do not click on spoiler tag if you don't want to know)

Transfer important POW to CDF HQ before he is killed by reckless NAPA trucks patrolling there (happened to me)

Destroy ChDKZ base as soon as possible so Chedaki will stop getting any new units.

Patrol 075084 (don't remember if this was just walking to NAPA HQ to know it was there or walking to ChDKZ base to know it was there)

Last three ones are related to goint to Skalisky island and I would do them last just because there is no need to go there earlier. I has never bugged for me just because I have kept it waiting and also it is safer to Transfer Lopotev when most of the enemies are cleared from map, but if mission changes to nighttime checking island can be tricky. Some of the enemies will swim away from there, but not Lopotev. These 3 objectives and Destroy ChDKZ are will end the mission when all of them are done:

Check location

Transfer Lopotev

Deal with Russians

Edited by Hanzu

very well. though i'm not sure about those evidence. in the previous missions i had never bothered to search for them, except for the mass grave in the 1st mission.

sometimes, the last mission starts asking me to Capture Chernogorsk, but sometimes it sends me to other cities.

very well. though i'm not sure about those evidence. in the previous missions i had never bothered to search for them, except for the mass grave in the 1st mission.

sometimes, the last mission starts asking me to Capture Chernogorsk, but sometimes it sends me to other cities.

The first time I completed that campaign I collected about 70% of the evidence and still got USMC back with 3 helicopters+3 ambhibious APCs+infantry.

The second time I completed same campaign I collected 100% of the evidence and got USMC back with 3 main battle tanks+3 helicopters+3 ambhibious APCs+infantry.

Both times Dogs Of War ended to Flawless Victory status and War That Never Was ending.