Sign in to follow this  
Toasticuss

[OA][SP] Operation Iron Fury

Operation Iron Fury

15073317.jpg

Today we have been given some solid intel from one of our intel agencies that multiple groups Takistani milita are hiding out in the mountains, they are planning to invade some of the local villages. We're giving you the go ahead to take em' out. Also it appears that Abdul Najjar, a top military advisor for the Takistani millita, has just recently come into the area. We will update you further on during the mission where he is once our satellite is in position. A group of T-72 tanks have also been spotted by one of our sleeper units. The tanks are patrolling the south part of the mountains, keep a lookout for them, if you see any take them out!

Good luck and stay frosty.

Operation Iron Fury is a go.

Mission features

• Adjustable time of day
  • Cheats
  • Custom music
  • Dynamic objectives
  • Auto Saves

Required Addons

NONE

Recommended Addons

• HiFi Sound Mod (It makes the A10 sound SOOO much better)
  • WarFX (Some particles FX have been improved)
  • JTD (Improves smoke effects)

Here is a video of the difference HiFi makes vs the original sounds

KoTTgxj4fVA

Notes

If you use ACE with this mission you wont be able to complete it correctly due to ACE changing the damage modification on vehicles.

Please report any problems to admin@birchlake.ath.cx or just post below.

Have your music volume around 50%

Install Notes

Extract the .pbo file to your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Missions folder

You will find it under Single Player > Scenarios.

Download Link

Version 1.0

Mediafire Mirror - http://www.mediafire.com/?13kqe09ena65qeu

Arma Holic Mirror - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11468

Credits and thanks

• Google
  • Arma Holic
  • _neo_
  • kylania
  • Megagoth1702
  • Sam Corrion for his Air Base

Game play video thanks to Berliner

9H-J0ZwEB2M

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Edited by Toasticuss

Known issues:

Apaches fly a bit too low.

Enemy AI can be dumb as rocks at times

lol, wrong mission.

Trying it out now!

After having played Black Thunder I am all over this mission, you did a proper god job on that one!

Here is a video I put together of the difference HiFi makes vs the original sounds

Love it, kinda random objectives work fine, not really challenging though since enemies dont shoot back.

Good mission, from beginning to end no errors or anything. Everything works and those camps man ;) hehe.

Was fun to play! Cool music, all working. Maybe a bit easy without any AA and stuff, also not realistic at all, but fast fun to play:)

Was fun to play! Cool music, all working. Maybe a bit easy without any AA and stuff, also not realistic at all, but fast fun to play:)

If you wanted a realistic mission, all you would need to do is make a trigger with a timed random radio call in of a gun run on one mountain that would be over within 2 hours.

Realism Vs Fun, I choose fun.

AA is something I could add but its just one of those things that can make or break a mission.

Right now all the objectives take you all over the map so there isnt much room for a zone of it besides maybe the southern air field.

You could add some simple AA units to various squads and maybe some randomly spawning, 50% chance of appearing ZU-23 AA guns. That way it's balanced enough not to piss the player off but not enough for the player to complete with ease.

You could add some simple AA units to various squads and maybe some randomly spawning, 50% chance of appearing ZU-23 AA guns. That way it's balanced enough not to piss the player off but not enough for the player to complete with ease.

But how would it fit in with the mission? The military would never send planes into an area knowing that AA is there unless you would want them to be put in without any knowledge about them....

Great work Toasticuss, Excellent presentation and a style of mission we need more of. Thanks for the effort and I look forward to your next release.

I have played Toasticuss last mission and was fun to play good music too.

Also seeing Devil Dogs SF on the post played the mission a warm welcome which was also good and fun to play maybe you guys should try make one together.

so i stick with fun one mission i downloaded was to real and bored the socks of me i give ya new one ago later

Edited by PRambo
adding

Nice work on that Mission. Had really funny moments with it. I Just recorded a Video with some little gameplay of your Mission.

9H-J0ZwEB2M

I liked ya first one better had better music in.

but this was stll clever and fun to play liked the choice of day or night via the radio good idea thanks again for adding to my game play keep it up

Very well done mission mate, a little on the easy side but still good fun to get up in the air and let loose with that almighty GAU-8

I agree, it may be easy, but it's not so often a good aircraft mission comes along mainly because it's a bit more complicated than a regular infantry mission (Especially with planes instead of choppers), so good job.

to toasticuss

i hav bumb into a map another day which is 100km by 100km call Hautes-Pyrénées in FRANCE which is the most awesome flight sim map i know of.

however it is still a pre alpha map, though it looks amazing n 80% ready for flight sim map in my opinion.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=86758&highlight=HAUTES-PYR%C3%89N%C3%89ES#86758

and the creator seems to be working alone on this 1, and he need more help. since this is the most amazing flight sim map i know of i would hate to c this project die B4 it is complete.

there for i just wonder if i may convert or more like copy and paste with little editing (jus name n ai placement) to ur sp mission Operation ironfury to the map Hautes-Pyrénées and release it in some arma fan site in order to attract more ppl who may interested in helping the Hautes-Pyrénées project?

to toasticuss

i hav bumb into a map another day which is 100km by 100km call Hautes-Pyrénées in FRANCE which is the most awesome flight sim map i know of.

however it is still a pre alpha map, though it looks amazing n 80% ready for flight sim map in my opinion.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&p=86758&highlight=HAUTES-PYR%C3%89N%C3%89ES#86758

and the creator seems to be working alone on this 1, and he need more help. since this is the most amazing flight sim map i know of i would hate to c this project die B4 it is complete.

there for i just wonder if i may convert or more like copy and paste with little editing (jus name n ai placement) to ur sp mission Operation ironfury to the map Hautes-Pyrénées and release it in some arma fan site in order to attract more ppl who may interested in helping the Hautes-Pyrénées project?

Go right ahead, you can use as much as you want.