Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

[SP]Breakthrough v1.0 - a furious battlefield

Are there any mods in particular that this isn't compatible with? I get a tonne of lag when playing it. I have quite a lot of mods, but the ones that stand out are SLX, Zeus AI and GL4. Do you think an AI enhancement mod would interfere with your mission and cause all this slowdown?

My mission is created for no-mod players and I just use very simple codes, so I don't think the mission itself will crash with any mods.

If you get lots of lag... I wonder whether it is because this mission have too much groups at the same time...:confused: Because my computer is not that strong, so I just set default groups at 5 Infantry+3 LightVehicle+3 HeavyVehicle+4 Inf+3 LV+2 HV = 20 groups? Maybe too much...:D (vehicle team only have 2-4 AI, but every infantry groups have 8-10 soldiers.)

I heard some AI such as GL4 real eat the resource of PC, and my FPS gets down a lot if I use some visual effect mod. If you decide to use lots of mods, think about adjusting the size of the battle.

I try not to "waitUntil" and give "sleep" between some lines of codes so that it can save the resource. And if you use 2.63, lag shouldn't come from scripts bug.

Edited by Dragon Zen

Ah right, thanks for your response. I've been playing quite a bit of the mission, and just as some general feedback I feel the death penalty really spoils the game for me. I die a lot with the mods I have on as they make the AI better and generally harder. It's hard to make money when you're constantly losing it, it kind of puts me off as I can never afford anything fun to drive.

Ah right, thanks for your response. I've been playing quite a bit of the mission, and just as some general feedback I feel the death penalty really spoils the game for me. I die a lot with the mods I have on as they make the AI better and generally harder. It's hard to make money when you're constantly losing it, it kind of puts me off as I can never afford anything fun to drive.

Haha, don't worry. I create this mission for crazy, not for win... at this period.:p

In fact, I want to create a farious battlefield, but I still can't get a balance between hotness and difficulty...Nh, maybe I should say I haven't thought about difficulty: When I test the mission, I shoot at enemies, and be killed immediately...:D

I am still preparing new version, I think reduce the density of groups so that we won't face too many AI at the same time, which will make us live longer. As I said, use 0-0-9 to adjust the battleground fitting your appetite and suitable for your computer. Somebody like to be a hero or SpecOP, others may enjoy the massive close quarters and being killed without reason. ;)

Edited by Dragon Zen

I would be happier playing the game if it didn't cost money to die, that's the main thing. I can live with it being hard.

I do not completely understand what the mission is about. At the beginning it asks me to place two bases. Are these bases like the "main bases" in a Warfare-like mission, where there will be a frontline over various cities, and the goal is to find and destroy the base? (in this case I shouldn't be asked to place both I suppose). Or do I place two bases, and all the action takes place between these two only? Is there a way to add another option - "Surprise me" - where the game places two bases at a random location, with a distance that is considered "ok"?

I would be happier playing the game if it didn't cost money to die, that's the main thing. I can live with it being hard.

Delete the "diemoney"? I have set diemoney from 1000 to 500, it just worth 2-3 soldiers to kill. I want to save this rule as little challenge:D

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

I do not completely understand what the mission is about. At the beginning it asks me to place two bases. Are these bases like the "main bases" in a Warfare-like mission, where there will be a frontline over various cities, and the goal is to find and destroy the base? (in this case I shouldn't be asked to place both I suppose). Or do I place two bases, and all the action takes place between these two only? Is there a way to add another option - "Surprise me" - where the game places two bases at a random location, with a distance that is considered "ok"?

O, hehe. In fact, the two base is just to decide the direction of battleground. There is no real construction such as Warfare.:p My mission want to present a seesaw battle, not a siege.

The reason why there is no "Surprise me" is that I think most area of C-island may not suitable for the battle: too much forest and rugged area. So I let players to set their battleground by themselves.

Thanks, where can I find diemoney? I explored the .pbo file with Pbo View but there is no file by that name that I could see.

This is an absolutly awesome mission, i really really want to play this one but i can't. It keeps freezing up on me and i have to reboot the computer. No other missions are like this for me, any ideas?

Thanks, where can I find diemoney? I explored the .pbo file with Pbo View but there is no file by that name that I could see.

Not coming back for several days.

I private Diemoney in "Init.sqs", and I think I didn't define this value at other place.

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

This is an absolutly awesome mission, i really really want to play this one but i can't. It keeps freezing up on me and i have to reboot the computer. No other missions are like this for me, any ideas?

freezing up?? reboot computer??:eek:

Sorry I don't know what you mean exactly. If there are too much groups, just set it at the begining or change it by 0-0-9.

Even if i am only using 3 groups of inf a side it still does it. After about 10 minutes of playing the screen freezes and i get a loud noise from the speakers. I have to reboot as the pc is completly locked up.

All sorted now, just been playing for 3 hours straight and no problems at all. Turns out it was due to overheating. Blasted out all the heatsinks and fans with compressed air and now it's perfect. Thanks for a brilliant mission.

Hey Dragon Zen, brilliant update! i havent fully played it through but this is really great so far.. just one thing, could there be a background colour on the dialog box, its hard to read with map and game showing through in the back ground..

Other than that, awesome!

I think your mod is one of the best mission ever! Keep up the good work! Oh and thanks the great missions!

Hey Dragon Zen, brilliant update! i havent fully played it through but this is really great so far.. just one thing, could there be a background colour on the dialog box, its hard to read with map and game showing through in the back ground..

Other than that, awesome!

OK, I'll try to adjust the background next version. Thank you.