Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

[SP]Breakthrough v1.0 - a furious battlefield

===============

This is old page, new page please go to

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122476

===============

After half year, the 3.5.2 version with big improvement release!! Last version is 2.63(2010.12.19), and now it jump to 3.52(2011.7.5).

Many new functions add: major of them such as automatic searching for weapons and vehicle, mod replacement, sniper and AH submissions. You can find more little functions yourself!

===============

Latest version download:http://www.filefront.com/17668639/Breakthrough263.Chernarus.pbo

No matter which map you play, this mission require AA2, no additional requirment, so it is also suitable for <<AA2:FREE>> !!!

If you want to play this mission in other map, it is very easy: Just create a soldier as player in editor and save the mission, and then put all unpacked files except mission.sqm to that folder. Pack it, everything done!!

A known issue is that you must open your parachute at high altitude, if you touch ground and die while the parachute is opening, the game is end rather than respown. Please avoid this.

===============

Hello everybody:

This is my first mission. It seems that I have use nearly 300 hours on this mission, for learning, editing, testing.

In this misson, you are the center of the frontline (just like thumsonb's flashpoint). Your emeny appear in front of you and friends come from behind. Your task is to push the frontline forward. When you reach the target position, you win the game.

In this game, You can recruit soldiers ,buy vehicles, call artillery and use several tactical supports. You can enjoy the AH or sniper submission.

Before and during the game, you can set bases of both sides anywhere on the map, you can set numbers of groups for each sides, you can choose different types of skill.

I don't set a failure condition, you will respown at base after you die. And you'll get basic wellfare if you have little money. I provide the opportunity to fly AttackHelicopter (you can change your seat as you wish), create some unreal support such as Ninja teleport. All of these are just for promoting your game experience.

Some players say Arma is a little boring because its realistic simulation. My purpose is to provide a furious battlefield. There are still many things to adjust and large room for improvement in this mission. I appreciate if you can tell me your suggestions.

Enjoy the fantastic frontline and I wait for your feedback!;)

===============

THANKS LIST:

THANK piko, swagger and other friends in bbs.samren.cn. They teach me lots of skill and help me to solve lots of trouble.

THANK thumsonb. His awesome mission Flashpoint:Chernarus give me the basic idea how to create and respown infantry and vehicles, and he allow me to use those codes in his scripts.

THANK Mr.Murray, his handbook for scripts teach me a lot things as I am a new learner.

THANK ruebe, for his research on selectbestplace code.

THANK Chicago: He taught me how to use camera.

===============

Update:

v3.5.2(2011.7.5)

a,Fix the potential bugs in submission.

v3.5.1(2011.7.2)

a,Add Mi17 and UH1Y into AH support.

v3.5(2011.7.2)

a,Add Submission system.

b,Add submission of AH with automatic searching.

c,Add submission of Sniper.

v3.4(2011.6.23)

a,Add the function to replace the soldiers and vehicles in battle.

b,Kill enemy in APC get 50% money, in tank get 25% money.

v3.3.3(2011.6.22)

a,Add buy vehicle with full crewman.

b,Change the Calculation of Battlefield Size.

c,Change the Code of AH.

d,Optim the Decoy Menu.

e,Fix the appear of waitlist.

f,change the code of creating troops.

v3.3.2(2011.6.20)

a,Add Score Cost to Illegal Soldiers.

b,Fix the automatic searching of Soldiers and Vehicle.

c,Fix the position of AH.

v3.3.1(2011.6.19)

a,Fix a potential bug of AH.

b,Fix the window-time of Artillery.

c,Adjust the Economy System.

v3.3(2011.6.18)

a,Better Decoy Control.

v3.2.4(2011.6.13)

a,Better smoke wall.

b,Better Opitions and Status Showing.

c,Skill can be changed after respown.

v3.2.3(2011.6.12)

a,All types of players use Squard Leaders.

b,NPC soldiers change from 1 to 3, use Team Leader.

c,NPC soldiers will save their weapons when respawn.

v3.2.2(2011.6.11)

a,Add some weapons from OA into standard weapons.

b,Add Grenade and Mine into standard weapons.

v3.2.1(2011.6.10)

a,Fix the bug in setting area of battlefield.

b,Fix the code error in searching the weapons automaticly.

c,Add coordination for Satellite.

d,delete X8 and G36 from standard weapon.

v3.2(2011.5.9)

a,Change the support menu.

b,Change the recruit menu, now system can autodetect soldiers and tank.

c,Add markers for boxs.

d,Fix some bugs.

v3.1(2011.4.23)

a,Change Player respawn position (at base and teleport to battlefield).

b,Add kill-camera.

c,Fix the bug in calculate the waypoints and the movement of battlefield.

v3.0(2011.4.19)

a,Recreate the weapon-buy menu. now system can autodetect weapons.

b,Change setting of battlefield.

c,Change the code of respown.

v2.9(2011.4.13)

a,Add Satellite.

b,Add SmokeArtillery.

c,Artillery Area can change angle.

v2.8(2011.4.7)

a,Enlarge the default size of battleground.

b,Number of your soldiers is increased by your Kill number (Ss=Kn^0.5).

c,You will lose weapons when respawn, and Diemoney is cancled.

d,Type of soldier changed, You have only 1 guardman this time.

e,Decrease the cost of artillery, interval time of ATRY sets to 3mins.

f,Increase the number of jets as cool background.

v2.7(2011.1.1)

a,fix the lost function manager.

b,change the code of helicopter.

c,fix the error when kill enemy in vehicle.

v2.63(2010.12.19)

Fix bug in Fasttime(0-0-9)

Fix bug that AH cost nothing.

Change the position of spawning AH, now it have enough distance to battleground.

v2.6(2010.12.18)

a,change soldier type, complete the function they have.

b,you can on/off decoy and sniper group.

c,player can change the proportion of Player position in movement of battlefield.

v2.5(2010.12.16)

a,Update artillery system.

b,Supply truck has own position of statics.

v2.4(2010.12.XX)

a,add supply truck, can buy,fix,load

b,change boxdrop.

c,now you can buy weapons you like.

v2.3(forget date)

a,put sniper team into a special group

b,fix potential bug.

c,change waypoints

d,add setpoints 3

v2.2(forget date)

a,fix boxdrop-tree,smoke.

b,fix group.

c,fix waypoints.

d,add 2 kind of detection.

e,add decoy team

v2.1(forget date)

a,Add Quick repair, refuel, rearm.

b,Adjust the rule of creating team.

c,Initial place is decided by player, rather than setting at the base.

v2.0(forget date)

a,Rewrite the main structure of mission for future development.

b,Adjust the rule of creating team.

c,Player can adjust interval time between team respawn.

d,Change the way in which player can control the battleground more easily.

e,Add some new dialog.

f,Make markers appear again.

v1.9(forget date)

a,Add some new dialog.

b,Empty vehicle get damage bit by bit (like BF2), so that player can use enemy vehicle.

v1.8(forget date)

a,Change the position of respawn.

b,Change the timelimit of AH.

c,Combine =AntiAir= and =Pilot=.

d,Close the Marker on map.

e,Enemy also drop ammobox.

v1.7(forget date)

a,Fix some bug.

b,Add NOTE for RU.

c,Add ammobox droping.

d,Other little changes.

v1.6(2010.07.30)

a,Fix the bug that east-side AH support create west grp.

b,Correct the earn-money system.

c,A-10 and Su-39 join the battlefield.

d,Artillery-Kill now increase money.(adjust the benefit of grenadier)

e,Little refresh the NOTE and hints, and other adjustment.

v1.3-v1.5(2010.07.28)

Now player can act as russia soldiers. This is a big change, so I fix several bugs in v1.4 and v1.5. I should continue to search possible bugs, but to fix sniper error, I release v1.5 now.

v1.2(2010.07.28)

a,Fix a script bug of recruiting soldiers when player act as sniper or medic.

b,Change the way to buy ammobox. Set different cost for each static defence called by 0-0-3.

v1.1(2010.07.28)

Add a screen "black in" when player is killed, which give a "delay" for respown. Player can change the basic setting during the game(including fast time on/off, number of group, battlefield size, position of base).

===============

PS: Coming from China, sorry for my english.

Edited by Dragon Zen

Ni hau bro, sounds great! going to try it out, give you feed back later:

---Feedback----

Haha awesome... i died a lot, killed few!

A few things, maybe a small delay for respawn... most times i didnt realize i died..

Does it have fast time on? clouds were moving fast!

I like the concept of enemy's coming from bases and not just spawning randomly around you...

Anyway good work, cool mission... i hope you make an option to play east and different islands.

Thanks

Edited by Katipo66

To Katipo66:

Thanks you.

About the "delay for respawn". Yes, there is no respawn delay. In single mission, there is no respawn at all. If player is killed, the game is over. So I must create a new unit and select him as player without delay. I think, maybe I can use forced camera to create a delay, but I still don't know how to control camera yet...:p

"fast time", yes. skiptime 0.001h every 0.1 sec. If you don't like to play in night, 0-0-9 should skip 4 hours. Eh...I haven't set a opition to close the fast time in this version...:D I'll add it, thanks.

"enemy's coming from bases" is a cool idea! In my mission, my purpose is to provide a most furious battlefield, so I want to save the resource of travel. As a trade off, I just ensure the direction: res-pos is always being set between bases and player, no matter where you are. Hehe, maybe you can enlarge the respawn distance to make it seem that troops come from a far position.:D

Edited by Dragon Zen

maybe you can enlarge the respawn distance to make it seem that troops come from a far position.:D

Yeah i might try that, so i have a chance to kill some enemy, but i like the intensity :D

Hehe, that's why I say there is a large room to adjust, I don't thing the default setting is the best on balancing battleground size and combat density.

Maybe every player should set his own option to fit his taste, in consideration of the ability of his computer.

But i wanna act as Russian , feels kinda shitty fighting my own although its a game, waiting for Russian version patiently.

But i wanna act as Russian , feels kinda shitty fighting my own although its a game, waiting for Russian version patiently.

hehe, these days I have worked on the RU part. Give me some time to have a test and fix bugs.;)

==========

Edit: now new version has been released, bro. You can act as russian soldiers.

Edited by Dragon Zen
version has been update

OK brothers, I did the work as quickly as possible.

Respone to Katipo66: Respawn delay is made by a black in screen, and player can close the fast-time or change other basic setting during the game.

Respone to Vympel999 :Now we can act as russian soldiers in new version.:p

Edited by Dragon Zen

OK brothers, I did the work as quickly as possible.

Respone to Katipo66: Respawn delay is made by a black in screen, and player can close the fast-time or change other basic setting during the game.

Respone to Vympel999 :Now we can act as russian soldiers in new version.:p

Oh broo!! those 2 fixes are awesome, i play russian also :D

Thanks!

New bugs found and new fixed release.

ARTY now earn money and JETs join the battle.

Thanks alot.

hehe, I dont know how to create windows yet, so I use many addaction

After 5 months , NEW VERSION RELEASED!!:yay:

It seems this forum can't change the Title of Thread? It is still "Breakthrough v1.0" now.:confused:

Hehe, THX.

I just fix two little bug (almost no bad influence to the whole game) and updata a new file again.

I haven't had the time to try this scenario yet, so would you mind if I asked whether you could compare this scenario to WICT-based missions?

I haven't had the time to try this scenario yet, so would you mind if I asked whether you could compare this scenario to WICT-based missions?

O, I have never tried WICT-based mission. What's that?? WICT?? Do you mean "World in Conflict"?? If it is, I just saw it once and pass it-- Too complex to me, hehe.

OK. If it has better function, I think I can learn some in the future.:D

Edited by Dragon Zen

WOW, awesome! It is said that it is a good tool to edit mission. Nh, I think I shall learn about it. Thanks for your introduction!

Hehe, so, maybe it is similar in some aspects. However, I don't know the detail of WICT.

You can try and see whether there is much difference or more similarity.

Edited by Dragon Zen

You're welcome - I would be happy to have more missions created with WICT as they are very intense :)

Yep, I'll give it a try as soon as I have some spare time - it's quite stressful before x-mas ...

Zen: Fast time turn on/off doesn't work for me, which means I cannot turn fast time off, which means I cannot test your mission... :(

Very good mission, so much potential. Also no problems working it with ACE 1.7.

The only issue is this:

When playing, the first wave of forces meet each other, exchange fire, die, then respawn and they then continue fighting over the same peice of ground, no movement in the battlefield.

I suggest every time someone dies, they spawn a little further back, so that if one team loses men consistently they will be forced back. As now, no matter how fast you kill them, they just spawn into position and killing them doesnt seem to make a difference to your progress.

A coop option would be nice.

Zen: Fast time turn on/off doesn't work for me, which means I cannot turn fast time off, which means I cannot test your mission... :(

Sorry my friend, please have a look whether your version is v2.63. I think I have fixed the Fasttime problem.:p

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Very good mission, so much potential. Also no problems working it with ACE 1.7.

The only issue is this:

When playing, the first wave of forces meet each other, exchange fire, die, then respawn and they then continue fighting over the same peice of ground, no movement in the battlefield.

I suggest every time someone dies, they spawn a little further back, so that if one team loses men consistently they will be forced back. As now, no matter how fast you kill them, they just spawn into position and killing them doesnt seem to make a difference to your progress.

A coop option would be nice.

O, that's a good idea, THX.

In my mission, I designed in this way:

The movement of battleground was calculated about 1 minute every time. And the movement was decided by position of all troops on the ground, dead (emtpy) groups will be calculated as a little far away. May you will notice the global chat report "movement X:xxm. Y:xxm"

Nh... I also found that most of time, the movement is not larger than 150m... So I think maybe I should enlarge the length of battlefield and adjust the dead group position.

Of course, if player want the battleground move, an easy way is to enlarge the proportion of his own group in whole groups. ;)

OK, because the crazy battle is not so stable, I still don't know what is the best setting yet. Even though player can adjust most of the setting, I think I should adjust the default for them.

Edited by Dragon Zen

Are there any mods in particular that this isn't compatible with? I get a tonne of lag when playing it. I have quite a lot of mods, but the ones that stand out are SLX, Zeus AI and GL4. Do you think an AI enhancement mod would interfere with your mission and cause all this slowdown?