Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Yes, problem?

-EDIT-

Also, PCPowerPlay review

lol.

That review. Summarises the game well, I think. Reducing it to a single page of smashing is what they deserve for the bollocks they did with DR, I guess. What with claiming to be the original devs of CWA and all...

You think its ok to start selling unfinished Products?

Do you know where this will lead us? You will end up paying 100$ on a game that brings the same play value like a 50$ game has now. This isn´t going to stop Piracy. DLCs are being pirated all over the Internet. This is going to even increase piracy because people are simply not willing to pay so many cash for a game.

You mad?

I am beyond mad bro, the way publishers are acting is simply disgusting, it's all about how to prevent piracy but they keep going in the wrong direction. They screw over their fanbase, ignore them and we are supposed to feel sorry for them I guess. It's like feeling sorry for a hollywood celebrity because they had a break up or something.

CM's flashpoint though is probably one of the most poor examples to look to in terms of 'fixing' piracy however, the series was doomed from the start.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. They used IP which already had a fanbase, while some would be interested to see where they would take it, many were ready to show their..disdain.

2. The marketing style for the longest was mirrored as though they were the original creators, and they never referred to it as "Dragon Rising" but rather "Flashpoint" or "Operation Flashpoint" this in turn would upset more of the fan base

3. At first things were looking bright, destructive elements, more squadplay and other neat features, however as time progressed more and more appeared to be getting removed, the removal of any features that were in the original game would upset people.

4. Upon release the truth came out, many of the promises were broken and word of mouth spread quickly, friends telling others "Dude don't buy this" yet curiosity insues, so if they don't want to buy it but want to see what it's like what do you think they will do?

5. Post release the care towards their players was pretty poor, while people made mention and showed various bugs the first patch was more concerned about a bit of text in the credits, later a patch effectively "sealed off" the files thus preventing modding, later it opened but by now the damage was done, they alienated many of their users and showed their attitude towards modding being negative which is one of the things that made the original so great.

6. Fixes and patches went mostly unanswered, instead the publisher proudly announced the next chapter Red River, as time went on it was revealed that more and more features were being removed and plenty of issues remained from the previous game, further aggitating..well far more than the original fan base, now they were pissing on their own formed.

7. In the end the results of ignoring their fanbase came into action, red river was barely selling in many stores, several did not carry it and piracy jumped to level much greater than DR.

And yet with all of those obstacles Red River could have outsold DR regardless, if only they had listened to their playerbase and spoke with them once in a while.

Edited by NodUnit

You think its ok to start selling unfinished Products?

Do you know where this will lead us? You will end up paying 100$ on a game that brings the same play value like a 50$ game has now. This isn´t going to stop Piracy. DLCs are being pirated all over the Internet. This is going to even increase piracy because people are simply not willing to pay so many cash for a game.

No...i don't...i thought i indicated that...unless you're just generally talking about CM...:confused:

Interestingly enough this appeared on the CM forums and i'm not sure this screen exists in many places

I shall take your advice :p

edit: It did turn up somewhere else, on this forum in fact....protip: Do a thorough search before you revive a thread...

Edited by Innomadic

A quick finger-in-the-air estimate tells me that image might just be popping over the >100kb limit ;)

And yet with all of those obstacles Red River could have outsold DR regardless, if only they had listened to their playerbase and spoke with them once in a while.

I found that almost all of my core requests to them featured in the end product for both releases.

Obviously many of the usual things I advocated in all these games forums were not. No bayonets for example. All those rants wasted!

Broadly speaking it ticked all of my core demand boxes. Functionality. LAN play. Decent frame rates. Solid net code. Co-op. Value for money.

I'm surprised that RR hasn't outsold DR. It is by far the superior of the two in my opinion.

This game for me is like GRAW. For all it's faults, for it's it's failure to live up the expectations of the franchise's fanbase, it's a game I go back to and play again. Solid.

I hope it's done well enough to get another iteration in the works, but I'm not convinced that it has.

Edited by Baff1

i always wonder why you even spend time on those forums anymore...

I'm surprised that RR hasn't outsold DR. It is by far the superior of the two in my opinion.

Because you, and perhaps your friends if they share your opinion, are the only ones who had such low expectations for both games. And yes, in today's day and age of games, your expectations for these games have been damn low. So low you'd almost be happy if it were just Call of Duty under OFP's name.

i always wonder why you even spend time on those forums anymore...

I expect I just come here for all the witty trolling you give me.

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Because you, and perhaps your friends if they share your opinion, are the only ones who had such low expectations for both games. And yes, in today's day and age of games, your expectations for these games have been damn low. So low you'd almost be happy if it were just Call of Duty under OFP's name.

I find having low expectations is a great way to avoid disappointment.

I'm far too old to waste time getting upset by a video game these days. I just look to get whatever enjoyment I can out of life. God knows, I am a miserable enough old bugger without finding new things to be aggrieved about.

Edited by Baff1

I expect I just come here for all the witty trolling you

Hey RR got a community where you can hang out with all the RR lovers, ohh wait there's not many. Even most of the DR fans has turned it's backs to RR loool :pc:

Great attitude! If you expect a dog to bite you, you'll be happy if he takes a shit on the carpet! :bounce3:

I had such low expectations of George W Bush's presidency that i was pleased with his performance!

I found that almost all of my core requests to them featured in the end product for both releases.

Obviously many of the usual things I advocated in all these games forums were not. No bayonets for example. All those rants wasted!

Broadly speaking it ticked all of my core demand boxes. Functionality. LAN play. Decent frame rates. Solid net code. Co-op. Value for money.

This game for me is like GRAW. For all it's faults, for it's it's failure to live up the expectations of the franchise's fanbase, it's a game I go back to and play again. Solid.

I hope it's done well enough to get another iteration in the works, but I'm not convinced that it has.

There are several things wrong with this post, where to begin...

1. The so called Solid Net Code has been empirically proven to be a ridiculous assertion as to the amount of people having problems with it.

2. Co-op, there is something wrong here if that somehow redeems absolutely everything. Its definitely not new and not the most exciting Co-op game out there.

3. Nothing like GRAW. GRAW was good, ergo, not like RR. Also had modding and was far more tactical than DR/RR could ever hope to be.

4. Better than DR? Less content and somehow better? So 20% of the original is always going to be better? Call the press, BIS, stop all your work, make a corridor arcade shooter!

4. Better than DR? Less content and somehow better? So 20% of the original is always going to be better? Call the press, BIS, stop all your work, make a corridor arcade shooter!
I already said on here that BIS should cancel ArmA 3 and sell people bricks instead.

After all, bricks are guaranteed to be stable at release.

Whatever floats your boat, Bro. But I clearly don't want to stay on a sinking ship:p

And now, who is still wondering why game developers constantly reduce features and playtime of games?

Because they know there are plenty of people out there that do think the same way like Baff1.

If the whole mankind would always had thought the same way, we would still life in caves.

That said, having low expectations is a great way to stop evolution. Back in your cave then.

I expect I just come here for all the witty trolling you give me.

That made me tickle with joy :yay:

I think Baff1 has a role to play here. Even if a lot of people simply don't agree with him, he represents a somewhat disinterested party, the non-fanatic, someone who can appreciate any particular game's features without becoming all fanboyish about it. He regularly points out glaring weaknesses in all products as much as the good features, and he is somewhat relaxed about what is after all just a video game, I don't think that is something to ridicule or dismiss.

In fact, because he seems to acknowledge weaknesses as much as features, in any of the games he discusses, I trust his opinion more than most others here. And he doesn't seem to descend into petty bashing. At least often :D

IMO natch :)

I think Baff1 has a role to play here. Even if a lot of people simply don't agree with him, he represents a somewhat disinterested party, the non-fanatic, someone who can appreciate any particular game's features without becoming all fanboyish about it. He regularly points out glaring weaknesses in all products as much as the good features, and he is somewhat relaxed about what is after all just a video game, I don't think that is something to ridicule or dismiss.

In fact, because he seems to acknowledge weaknesses as much as features, in any of the games he discusses, I trust his opinion more than most others here. And he doesn't seem to descend into petty bashing. At least often :D

IMO natch :)

I just waited for the [/sARCASM]...

we had such a good thing going here. but inevitably, like the cycles of the moon, the FPDRRR thread once more rears its ugly head :p

He regularly points out glaring weaknesses in all products as much as the good features, and he is somewhat relaxed about what is after all just a video game, I don't think that is something to ridicule or dismiss.

...as well as regularly loves to stick it in BI's crawl that "they could learn something from CM" :p

There's objective observers and then there are Devil's advocates....