Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

[noparse]codemastersneedzu.jpg[/noparse]

Nice ...

"We're happy to announce that Operation Cashpoint: Dragons lair is currently in development and is scheduled for release in October 2011. The whole team has migrated over to this new project so all support for Operation Cashpoint: Red River has been dropped and we're truely sorry that we left you wanting more again.... but be assured the team is working tirelessly to deliver the next status quo sequel with hardly any features and as little content as we can legally get by with."

PS: Too bad the North American region hasnt even gotten the chance to buy Operation Cashpoint: Red River yet and we're already dropping support.

Codemasters xoxo

;)

Probably time for this thread to be buried at sea, once and for all.

This thread says it all: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/466052-when-cm-start-pushing-next-4.html

LOL at the few who will still trust CM after the next "OFP title" if they really just try to take their suggestions seriously the next time around :rolleyes:

Oh CM, you will always have a stalwart merry band of 4 supporters.

Probably time for this thread to be buried at sea, once and for all.

Yes, let's put the last nail on the coffin :hammer:

No, keep it open, It will be interesting to see the reactions when this game hits the USA. People there might acctually like it....

No, keep it open, It will be interesting to see the reactions when this game hits the USA. People there might acctually like it....

Hahahaha ... Funny. :D

No, really, I think people there might acturally like it........FPDR

Browsing the CM forums I came across a very good post.

Despite Red River being a pretty crappy game in my eyes, I am always saddened when lower-level programmers, artists, etc. get sacrificed after a game's poor performance thanks to idiots like Lenton, Browne, Nicholls & co. calling the shots. It is them who should lose their positions for failures like Red River, but I doubt that will be the case. :(

Hehe, that forum is a trip man. Now they are like company shareholders trying decide who in CM management can stay and who can go.....

Reminds me me of when a leader dies in a cult, when Forrest Gump stopped running, when Jerry Garcia died and old VW busses drove aimlessly from exit to exit utterly dazed and confused and very disillusioned.

I can kind of understand the way DR turned out because of its troubled development. As far as I'm concerned, when you inherit someone else's problems and turn it into something passable, that's nothing to sneeze at. I guess we'll have to wait and see if the game is a success in North America to figure out who deserves a boot in the ass from a corporate perspective.

Besides the fact that it wasn't an OFP game, I think they're trying to muscle in to a highly saturated market using an established fanbase to get them there... Now that that established fanbase seems to be dissolving somewhat, I wonder if they have a sustainable military shooter franchise. I wonder if they've alienated the new console milsim fans they picked up with DR by releasing the much different RR.

I menat the americans might like it because of all the "America fuck yeah" stuff in the game....well maybe they like it also because of some other reasons

I menat the americans might like it because of all the "America fuck yeah" stuff in the game....well maybe they like it also because of some other reasons

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

if you thought that was dumb you should play the game itself and listen to the dialogue.

I think he can't accept there are people like the mentioned ones

I have no idea. The poster detached that part into a second paragraph and it's a pretty vague one at that, what with it blatantly saying "All of the Codemasters-run forums."

Might be a false alarm.

There is a big transfer going on (Codemasters no longer taking care of European LotRo) so that is likely the cause.

“Four Men, One Unit"

Sounds like a Friday night at Codemasters Headquarters :p