Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

During the assault he was hit multiple times but kept on firing untill the lack of blood made him pass out.

He survived though, and became a POW. The Australians lost many men to this man, but on hearing his story they didnt kill him out of respect for his commitment to his regiment. I guess they could relate to him :)

Respect was a big thing for the aussies during WW1 and WW2 (except for the japanese at the time which is a whole new story).

Try find the book "Tobruk" its about the siege of Tobruk where 9000 Aussie soldiers halted the German blitzkrieg in WW2. Just normal infantry against German might and tanks!

I'll pm you some notable quotes...

Having a character say something rarely reflects the views of the writer. That's just how the character was made. As a personal tip, you should stop getting offended by everyday speech and modes of expression, lest you'll pop a vein one day.

It ain't exactly Chekhov we're talking about here ("When I describe a horse thief, you want me to say that stealing horses is bad. You want me to make a judgment. But I shouldn't be doing that. I should be making you understand how a horse thief feels, how he is, and let you make the judgment, if you must.").

IMO, when the character becomes two-dimensional enough, he simply becomes the vessel through which the voice of the writer speaks.

That really early footage of DR where the demonstrator's weapons randomly disappeared?

You guys are such fucking drama queens when it comes to CM's games.

And completely obsessed over a simple game, they will never play... Apparently ;)

And completely obsessed over a simple game, they will never play... Apparently ;)

haha, ive noticed.

They're not making the game for marines or soldiers, so why should it matter? It's not like they did it on purpose or anything.

You guys are such fucking drama queens when it comes to CM's games.

completely agreed, some people really over-dramatizing about a game they have never actually seen or played. Picking out bugs from videos, while sitting on a forum of a game that had in most probability the most buggy 1.0 release ever.....ever.

, while sitting on a forum of a game that had in most probability the most buggy 1.0 release ever.....ever.

Truth... But BIS didn't suddenly remove support for the game and move on to the next P.O.S

You guys are such fucking drama queens when it comes to this CM game.

Fixed. Also, why is every one of your posts in this and the previous CM thread playing Devil's advocate?

Fixed. Also, why is every one of your posts in this and the previous CM thread playing Devil's advocate?

So that Ben_S doesn't feel alone.

Truth... But BIS didn't suddenly remove support for the game and move on to the next P.O.S

Because they just can't. It usually takes them few years of patching to make the game at least slightly playable, while hated Dragon Rising is very well playable even in 1.0 version.

... while hated Dragon Rising is very well playable even in 1.0 version.

But what for ? Playing with a subpar game ?

a game that had in most probability the most buggy 1.0 release ever.....ever.

Hi, the more bugged 1.0 game that i've ever seen was the America's army 3.0, and still being poor and bugged as North Corea; but i've to say that when i'd installed the ArmA2 v1.04 and check every unit, weapon, vehicle and the game's mechanics in the editor... i wanted to beat up all the BIS members and put a bullet in their heads after that.

I'd played like four missions of the OFP: Dragon Rising and i wanted to make a snuff movie with the developers of that big shit of game; everything was a pure trash, from the animations, the AI, the textures, the missions, the game's mechanics, the weapons.. everything...!.

I don't gonna touch the OFP: Red River because i think that i know what it is, a shit that follows the line of the previous shit. I don't install the OA because i've The Marines on the ArmA2 and i don't need (or want) the army on my game, even if the OFP: RR is based on the USMC and as if it comes with a USMC flag bigger than a building... my interest in it is -10. Let's C ya

But what for ? Playing with a subpar game ?

what makes a game subpar? Not having an ingame mission editor? Hmm ok that already makes 99% of all games subpar. Not having modtools? Cuts doen the other 1% by about half. And what are you left with? Arma2 and...well gosh I can't even think of another example. Yes yes they took the name fucking basterds I know, and I bet if it was called just Red River and just Dragon Rising noone here would give a bejesus poop.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Hi, the more bugged 1.0 game that i've ever seen was the America's army 3.0, and still being poor and bugged as North Corea; but i've to say that when i'd installed the ArmA2 v1.04 and check every unit, weapon, vehicle and the game's mechanics in the editor... i wanted to beat up all the BIS members and put a bullet in their heads after that.

I'd played like four missions of the OFP: Dragon Rising and i wanted to make a snuff movie with the developers of that big shit of game; everything was a pure trash, from the animations, the AI, the textures, the missions, the game's mechanics, the weapons.. everything...!.

I don't gonna touch the OFP: Red River because i think that i know what it is, a shit that follows the line of the previous shit. I don't install the OA because i've The Marines on the ArmA2 and i don't need (or want) the army on my game, even if the OFP: RR is based on the USMC and as if it comes with a USMC flag bigger than a building... my interest in it is -10. Let's C ya

and you my friend need to get outside more :yay:

I agree man, but if i go out by night more often... i'll run out of money soon and will stab someone to death for sure, so i preffer to stay calmed and drink at home.

what makes a game subpar? Not having an ingame mission editor? Hmm ok that already makes 99% of all games subpar. Not having modtools? Cuts doen the other 1% by about half. And what are you left with? Arma2 and...well gosh I can't even think of another example. Yes yes they took the name fucking basterds I know, and I bet if it was called just Red River and just Dragon Rising noone here would give a bejesus poop.

What i meant is that i widely prefer a flawed but complex and stimulating game with a great living time than a flawless nothing.

not to say this one won't be flawless, just like the old one

That really early footage of DR where the demonstrator's weapons randomly disappeared?
Nope, that's RR. You can tell by the HUD, by the FOB, dust, pink screen flavour and stuff.

and btw, ArmA 2's v1.0 was rushed by publisher, afair - so it wasn't meant to be like that. And RR is meant to be that way, just like DR, which no, wasn't really playable (at least for me, including bad slowdowns every 2 seconds on rig that runs ArmA 2 pretty ok). And lastly, I played ArmA 2 v1.0 and really don't understand what all the fuss is about.

and finally, lol @ wipman response, good one

Arma 2 1.0 was playable. If you stripped out everything that DR lacked and still lacks, it would have a similar amount of bugs.

I don´t know why everypony keeps complaining about Arma 2 being bugged at release. I didn´t have any problems with it, apart from the poor performance and some bugged campaign missions. No hard crashes or freezes, no damaged content or malfunctioning missions (apart from the campaign mishs obvsly).

The game RAN at release, that´s what counts. Its a humongously complex and deep piece of software, which should be kept in mind.

IL2 Cliffs of Dover after two patches isn´t even loading for me, aside from all the other bugs it has, like random menu options causing the game to freeze up, buggy water rendering or missing textures.

OF:DR was very polished at release, but that´s the only thing I´ll give the game. Other than that it was a bad concept, badly executed. The "Hardcore" difficulty mode is testament to the lack of ideas they had. Since when is removing the HUD a difficulty mode?

OF:RR won´t be any different. The only thing it has over DR is a narrative campaign set in the middle of the desert inbetween some mountains. With foulmouthed pretend-marines ignoring radio discipline and brevity, with M16A4s with A2 handguards and army hydration packs. No mission editor, no modding community, probably no deep post-release support or DLCs, just a whole bunch of patriotic fervor and a fancy menu screen.

Prefer Arma 2 over this much. At least I can be a goat in this game. Shooting rockets out of my nostrils.

what makes a game subpar?

If I may state my opinion on the matter, a game that removes content shown in previous titles rather than make an effort to enhance them or just leave them as they were.

The Marines on the ArmA2 and i don't need (or want) the army on my game, even if the OFP: RR is based on the USMC and as if it comes with a USMC flag bigger than a building... my interest in it is -10. Let's C ya

There's more to it than that. The game is a better game, but of course it's still ArmA with the Army and all that.

Yes yes they took the name fucking basterds I know, and I bet if it was called just Red River and just Dragon Rising noone here would give a bejesus poop.

No one would have bought it either :p

OF:RR won´t be any different. The only thing it has over DR is a narrative campaign set in the middle of the desert inbetween some mountains. With foulmouthed pretend-marines ignoring radio discipline and brevity, with M16A4s with A2 handguards and army hydration packs. No mission editor, no modding community, probably no deep post-release support or DLCs, just a whole bunch of patriotic fervor and a fancy menu screen.

Prefer Arma 2 over this much. At least I can be a goat in this game. Shooting rockets out of my nostrils.

Quote this stuff on CM forums and RR is dead :D