Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

People accepted what happened with DR; so do CM. And now their not telling lies, they're not misleading and selling it as a military sim like DR. There's none of that this time.

So everyone on the RR forums are giving the devs a second chance - unlike anyone here.

I do find it funny that alot of the PC gamers over on the Codemasters forums play games like I do, a wide variety. And RR just falls into an area of a genre we might (or might not) enjoy to play.

It's not about being blind, a fanboy or stupid. It's about whether you like the genre and trust the dev team (that term, can mean a varied meaning. As we have seen)

You seem to have forgotten how they 'supported' their own fanbase.

There are three reasons for all the hatred against CM here.

1. ruining the OFP brand

2. Having mislead about DR

3. The lack of support and in fact screwing over of their own community.

With 2 and 3 I see no reason why they should get a chance to do 3 again.

I imagine not all devs there have the mindset of Sion and there are some good people, it is a shame that they must get the brunt thanks to the PR guys whom couldn't shut their mouths.

Edited by NodUnit

People accepted what happened with DR; so do CM. And now their not telling lies, they're not misleading and selling it as a military sim like DR.

The name of their game is a lie and is obviously misleading.

I don't find it misleading, but then again, I am here and know the full story between ArmA and OFP when other people may not.

mmm, I'm not going to agree the name is misleading, It was with Dragon Rising. But they've made it very clear what the game is about, and that it doesn't follow the original Ofp routes.

I don't find it misleading, but then again, I am here and know the full story between ArmA and OFP when other people may not.

mmm, I'm not going to agree the name is misleading, It was with Dragon Rising. But they've made it very clear what the game is about, and that it doesn't follow the original Ofp routes.

Umm, now they have...and its really only in a cheap way of admitting defeat. without actually saying "we suck, we lied and now we look silly"

You better all go play ArmA, but dont have fun lol

Since when was ArmA not fun? I never got that arguement people come out with. "But ArmA isn't fun ... ", I find it fun :p

You don't know any more than the rest of us do because there is nothing more to know. It's not a secret that only Ben S knows I'm afraid, it was (and is) all public knowledge.

You're talking a lot of nonsense and are clearly very misinformed, especially with regards to OFP: DR. They tried to pass it off as a sequel, that was the only thing that was clear.

You don't know any more than the rest of us do because there is nothing more to know. It's not a secret that only Ben S knows I'm afraid, it was (and is) all public knowledge.

You're talking a lot of nonsense and are clearly very misinformed, especially with regards to OFP: DR. They tried to pass it off as a sequel, that was the only thing that was clear.

?

I was talking about people (not people here) that might not know that DR/RR aren't true sequels to the original. Whereas we know the story, there's lots of people that do not. And I was just reiterating that before continuing.

And I was talking about RR, and I said, I quote:

I'm not going to agree the name is misleading, It was with Dragon Rising. But they've made it very clear what the game is about, and that it doesn't follow the original Ofp routes.

I was refering that DR was very misleading, but RR however, is not. They keep stating it's not a true sequel to OFP, and that BIS are making it.

I don't understand what you're point against my point was?

Maybe I just misinterpreted what you said.

No problem :)

Heres an excerpt from recent Dev interview:

What problems did you identify in Dragon Rising that you were keen to address in Red River?

Well, first and foremost in Dragon Rising people certainly enjoyed it, it was something a bit different and far more of a challenge from the arcade shooters on the market. But people found it difficult so our reaction to that was, 'let's make it more accessible.'

We're not gonna dumb it down, because we like the authenticity and the element of realism that the more arcadey shooters don't do. They're kind of like a roller coaster ride; you get on, you're on the road for a minute and then you're off, and you're like 'well that was fun,' but you want something that's a bit more challenging, that gets the old grey matter working.

So we wanted to keep the core mechanics [from Dragon Rising] the same, y'know one bullet to kill, but we've also introduced things like help text, tutorials, join in-progress, things like picking weapons off the floor, if you're bleeding it's just a button press to heal yourself rather than having to go through all these menus.

The last game was a bit too 'simmy' I think, for what people wanted. This time around we have taken cues from slightly more arcade experiences, but put our own twist on it and our own stamp. Our game is definitely a tactical shooter, a thinking man's shooter, compared to some of the more tunnel shooters out there.

I think its pretty interesting that they claim people found it too hard (Dragon Rising). If anything, based on their forums, people were looking for more of a challenge and desired mods that made the game harder, not easier.

I guess they are basing this not on their online fanbase, but the lack of sales to COD types since I've yet to see one post there that reflects this desire.

I wouldn't consider any game that has unlimited healing packs and a dispersion shield a Tac-shooter, maybe an arcade shooter with a few tac qualities (bullet drop etc...)

Shame, they could have served more of a dual audience had they made some actual programming changes to Hardcore rather then just take away superficialities (map/HUD).

They're talking about the people who weren't banned from their forums.

So about 10 people liked it.

I don´t even know what to say about this... I mean they... well first they say that the want to make it more accessible, after that they say that they won´t dumb it down to become a generic shooter, but then they say stuff about making it easier, with unlimited health and so on. I really don´t see where the "thinking mans game" is in this context....

I really don´t see where the "thinking mans game" is in this context....

Firstly you got to really think if your going to blow actual money on this game and if you get far enough then you got to think which super powers you want your soldier to have.

Too much thinking is required for me ill steer clear.

I don´t even know what to say about this... I mean they... well first they say that the want to make it more accessible, after that they say that they won´t dumb it down to become a generic shooter, but then they say stuff about making it easier, with unlimited health and so on. I really don´t see where the "thinking mans game" is in this context....

As usual Sion Lenton is trying to flirt with as many different kinds of customers as possible, so he can make even more people disappointed this time than he did with the first franchise-rape they commited.

At least he is being more open about their ambitions this time.

(Havn't posted a for a while on this thread)...Was just wondering: Who's behind the RedRiverChannel on YouTube then? Saw the sub to my own channel - had me going for second. Thought CM were just being very cheeky.

Good job, whoever it is. :yay:

Forgive me Bohemia, for I have sinned.

I almost bought FPDR when I saw it at Gamestop once (before I got ArmA). I thought to myself "cool, finally a sequel". Luckily I had no money on me then.

Well the way I see it is.....It has GFWL, automatic no-buy.

Apparently from the lastest trailer the PC version is only a digital download.

Check out the (OFFICIAL LULZ) RedRiverChannel

Thats some real AI for ya :j:

LOL

A comment for that video:

Depend on what difficulty he has played, dont be so mad at them.

In dragon rising at hardcore, i was not even able to do a knife kill

LOL

Apparently from the lastest trailer the PC version is only a digital download.

Check out the (OFFICIAL LULZ) RedRiverChannel

Thats some real AI for ya :j:

LOL

''Depend on what difficulty he has played, dont be so mad at them.

In dragon rising at hardcore, i was not even able to do a knife kill''

- Xboxshqip

That's kinda sad. :(

LOL, the poll in the beginning.. looks like even some of the fans doesn't want the game. And the end was just tragic.

I thought it was cute how he was using the hand gun against targets in the distance.

Intresting, Germany biggest PC Mag Gamestar had a preview on their website that they had to take down as they only had the ok to preview the MP and not the campaign.

Also it has nothign to do with Gamestar talking about AI problems, mission design or soudn flaws in that preview ;)

On the other hand Gamestar was always very pro Codemasters and contra BIS giving good ratings to dragon rising and rather bad ones to even patched Combined Ops so if even they see red rivers flaws then it leads me to the conclusion that Codemasters just doesnt know how its done and never will.

Also it has nothign to do with Gamestar talking about AI problems, mission design or soudn flaws in that preview ;)

No, of course not!!!!! :D :D