Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I had information about OA around January 2010. IRC, in January 2010, some were still hoping for fixing patches or DLCs for DR.

Listen, i actually couldn't care less about CM. One way or another. I don't hate them, but i will never be bullshited by them either, or any other game company for that matter.

The only game i have pre-ordered in my life was OA (and the DLCs) and fallout 3. For everything else, i wanna test it myself before spending money.

Maybe i am a bit biased about BI.

I like the scope of their product, and the fact that they support their player base and community.

Their game is far from perfect, it has a lot of flaws, and let downs when looking into small details. But taken as a whole, there is no other product (or company) going after the same things as arma franchise.

So please, don't take me with the blind hate thing. I would be more than pleased with a competitor to BIS title, whoever that might be. I just don't see it happening for at least a few years more.

You still haven't answered: why are you still around those forums. Most people here have a common denominator: they own a BIS product. Do YOU own A1/A2/OA? Or you're waiting for BIS to port their games to consoles?

Not only do you get your knickers in a twist but you also appear to have your head up your arse, explain why i must justify myself to you? :rolleyes:

Strange question actually, for someone who “couldn't care less about CM†and apparently will not be buying RR you spend a lot of time in a RR topic.

Jeez, some people eh.

As for the rest, dont care.

Wait a minute, is this really a new patch for Arma? Jesus BIS is fantastic

Wait a minute, is this really a new patch for Arma? Jesus BIS is fantastic

Don't be surprised if you see a 'Last Stand' style coop mission appear soon. BIS are really on the ball this year, I think CM's failure brings them money, So they can just sit and laugh. :p

Just saw the preview video on RR.... what a similarity.... Don't they have a new idea or environment for the game? If they have come up with winter based environment would be much more appealing than having direct similarity with OA.

But 1 thing I do like is the cinematic directing of the whole preview... quite nicely done to be honest.

Touting DR as an ArmA killer.

To be honest, Arma killed itself.

I think Dwarden should ask Yoshorio (spelling?) what makes a great game, great. I think TWI has done a great job at balancing realism and fun.

Edited by Hans Ludwig

Wow... that's 3 times that video has been posted. Can we go for four?

You want it? You get it...

zAxPxvtxAlU

In armaverse, often people get what they like to have....can you (anyone, not you specificially) say the same about DR/RR?

ArmA didn't "die" until Arma 2 came out, and Arma 2's still truckin', so I fail to see your point. Or is it "I don't like Arma 2 therefore it's been killed"?

Arma 2's still truckin'

It depends how you define "truckin'". Most of the die hard simmers I know love how Arma/2/OA looks, but go back to playing il2 or WWIIONLINE. Why? Because they provide what most gamers are into: the MP experience. The casual gamers I know, the ones that love the tactical/team work experience, don't like this game because you have to download "too many mods" in order to join a server that so happens to have a few people on it playing. So they go back to playing PR or DOD:S/COD realism servers.

The MP argument is entirely dependent on mission makers and server admins, so not a whole lot BIS could do to stop that without imposing restrictions, which would make the situation only worse than it is. Arma 2 is not dead just because the MP experience isn't the greatest at the moment, the modding scene is still going full steam ahead.

The MP argument is entirely dependent on mission makers and server admins, so not a whole lot BIS could do to stop that without imposing restrictions, which would make the situation only worse than it is.

Where did I say or even imply that the answer is to "impose restrictions"? Anyone that is a true OFPer knows that those two words are sacrilegious in this community.

But unless server admins change what missions are in their servers' mission rotations, there's nothing that can be done. The freedom Arma 2 gives you, especially in the MP scene, can sometimes be a double-edged sword. ;)

about movie

and

Just saw the preview video on RR.... what a similarity.... Don't they have a new idea or environment for the game? If they have come up with winter based environment would be much more appealing than having direct similarity with OA.

But 1 thing I do like is the cinematic directing of the whole preview... quite nicely done to be honest.

i think that this movie is once again render-like , preview of DR was showing soldiers getting out of APC after opening doors

so ..

i don't believe in this trailer :)

in regard of similarity, i would say no, they not copy BIS

simply "US forces in desert-looking area" are "US boys consumers wish"

it is not about copying anyone

in games there are mainstream users too

they want "US desert-digital-special-forces with most modern or future equipment"

OFP was unique game cause it was about ColdWar, while others were doing WW2 or 2100 only, later some NAM games appeared

kids love "desert digital special forces with HK 416 FN SCAR" and developers do it

if developers would do "1972 conflict between East and West Germany + Denmark + Hungarian troops" would it get "wooooooooooooooow, super, awsome" voices ?

it is the same in addons too

it is not copying BIS by CM, it is fulfilling what "mainstream boys" want

how big part of those who bought Arma are in this forum ?

1 or 2 % of consumers ?

do they bought "game because it has free addons, it is modable, i can have here medival knights, 1864 mod, Trabant and tractor and cow" ? or cause "group of special forces of Marines are fighting with commie terrorists" + "desert US soldiers fight arab terrorists" ?

how much of people in this community is not interested in "digital desert multicam special forces of USA with SCAR and HK 416" ? 20% ?

how much people would love to see medival knights, Napoleonic warfare, WW1, 1970 conflict in Africa, 1980 conflict in Central Europe or Belgian troops with Romanian troops instead of another US super-hiper-desert-digital-HK416ScarEotech ?

someone is working on Romanian troops , i will help him

will Romnanian soldiers get more downloads than "US in desert camo" (even in Romania?)

i remember situation when as teenager i was in ASG team , i hit one kid and he shout "i have US ranger batch on arm, you couldn't win, you couldn't , i have Ranger's badge"

it is about mainstream, not about copying anyone

RR will be looking like OA, like MW2, MW3, MW4, CoD 11 and half, CoD 17.423

cause kids will buy it the same way like girls buy CD when blond vocalist singer sings "love, love , love" instead of "angry, greedy, false politicians"

BIS simply done modern game instead of continue in year 1986 in Czech-looking Nogova

saying about CM copying BIS is not proper , taking under account modern-war-desert love of mainstream and aiming in to west market for sales (probably US is very big part of games market consumption , just like consoles are compared to PC )

how much of you ever noticed You Are Empty game ? Russian game which happens in mad-house ?

It depends how you define "truckin'". Most of the die hard simmers I know love how Arma/2/OA looks, but go back to playing il2 or WWIIONLINE. Why? Because they provide what most gamers are into: the MP experience. The casual gamers I know, the ones that love the tactical/team work experience, don't like this game because you have to download "too many mods" in order to join a server that so happens to have a few people on it playing. So they go back to playing PR or DOD:S/COD realism servers.

than f** people for whom downloading anything free and legal is problem :)

if they download tones of not legal torrents, why the hell they can't download few addons to play in real realistic gameplay ?

this is excuse of them, screw them and stay with Arma2 community instead of taking care about lazy people for which downloading freeware is problematic

Edited by vilas

I partly agrees with you Vilas... I do believe games developer do follow the mainstream's "want" and designed their games but for CM I might beg to differ.

Simple, they would have came out with Desert env on their first game rather than publishing a game based on a middle of nowhere and in woodland env. Why now and not then since the masses demand already "shouting" for aghan/iraq based games then...

I believe there is a sort of an un-announced direct competition here.

I partly agrees with you Vilas... I do believe games developer do follow the mainstream's "want" and designed their games but for CM I might beg to differ.

Simple, they would have came out with Desert env on their first game rather than publishing a game based on a middle of nowhere and in woodland env. Why now and not then since the masses demand already "shouting" for aghan/iraq based games then...

I believe there is a sort of an un-announced direct competition here.

When CM started DR i think it was at least a half arsed attempt to follow the original CWC with a "superpowers at war" type scenario which is probably why they went with Skira Island. But as developement went on with the technical limitations of EGO and CM leaning more to the mainstream we were left with DR.

Seems to me the next step for CM would be to go with a "Afghan" like scenario.

Afgan scenario needs less entities. x)

Thats correct lol, the "scale" EGO engine provides may be a little more fitting in Tajikistan.

I think Dwarden should ask Yoshorio (spelling?) what makes a great game, great. I think TWI has done a great job at balancing realism and fun.

laughs with Yoshiro about the comment and returns to plays erm tests some unreleased titles :D