Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

:j:

Well, this was expectable, given the fact that DR was a rotten piece of sh*t already. Let's just hope that CM will bury the series :n:

Wow, a campaign that will last for about 8 hours (though likely much less than that if it features missions which you can just walk through like DR and CoD), I've played individual SP and MP missions in the real OFP that lasted longer than that.

well now :( i have to be honnest i have this game i played have a mission and i stopped playing, now i buyed the game for 8 euros on resail and even then it wasnt worth the money ....

a new OFP DR kind of game well let them knock them selves out, 3th tactical game lol :D

they not even started on making one :cool:

I find it funny that the rifles seems to be more controllable on full auto than on single shots :D

Hey, it looks better than the first game atleast. I'll wait for this to be $5 on a Steam Sale, then I'll get it.

I'm sure it won't be THAT bad. :)

we won't mention how i will get this game in the forums. but, let's just say i'll get it the same way i got dragon rising.

Pre-set recoil animations will do that...

Sort of like how you don't get any recoil at all while walking in Arma 2. Handy for machinegunners if you are standing up in CQB.

Looks like they've added JiP.

Still no freelook outside vehicles, no rain effects, no leaning, and indestructible trees, CM stated that it's not possible to incorporate these features.

we won't mention how i will get this game in the forums. but, let's just say i'll get it the same way i got dragon rising.

You found it in the garbage outside of a community college?

Re the gameplay vid:

"..hopes to address [the issues] that made the first 2 games in the series inaccessable".

First two games??!! Wtf. Theres only one word to describe journos like that. Cunt. And that's the word.

Lumping CWC with DR. Lazy good for nothing c***! RR has totally failed to annoy me to the degree that FPDR did. But that arsehole has managed it brilliantly. I hereby submit my nomination for "C**t of the year 2010" to the dude from Machinima previewing Red River.

Looks like they've added JiP.

Still no freelook outside vehicles, no rain effects, no leaning, and indestructible trees, CM stated that it's not possible to incorporate these features.

wait what? wasnt JIP in DR?

Ironically no, it wasn't. Just another thing to add to the reasons why DR sucked. :rolleyes:

Ironically no, it wasn't. Just another thing to add to the reasons why DR sucked. :rolleyes:

And how often I've hated the fact theres no JIP.

I still don't get why trees that can fall over and leaning is impossible. I mean, All you need to do is make the tree fall. Then make it a static object. (The AI base should already be able to avoid static objects, just so they run away as it falls.) Then just make it fade away.

Leaning? DR HAD LEANING, All you need to do is let the player lean now. :rolleyes:

Leaning is impossible in the PC version because they can't figure out how to make it work on a console gamepad.

Even though it was in OFP:E and a number of other console games, I don't think its a matter of figuring out as much as just 'wont' put it in.

who knows, maybe the next game will have it as 'incentive'

Edited by NodUnit

Leaning is impossible in the PC version because they can't figure out how to make it work on a console gamepad.

Yeah.

I'm split with Red River. I'm not sure if they're showing off the "CoD" style gameplay right now to entice the CoD/BF/MoH players then will show of the more tactical gameplay against the PLA later.

I'm still not sure if I like the way CM has taken the game. Making it easier, and more cinematic at the start to help you learn the controls quicker. (I had a huge problem with learning controls with ArmA II at the start, but thats different because ArmA has so many to get to grips with) then moving onto the PLA side of it, introducing the tactical more "authentic" side of the game after the starting sequence.

It could be a great idea, could be shite.

Yeah.

I'm split with Red River. I'm not sure if they're showing off the "CoD" style gameplay right now to entice the CoD/BF/MoH players then will show of the more tactical gameplay against the PLA later.

I'm still not sure if I like the way CM has taken the game. Making it easier, and more cinematic at the start to help you learn the controls quicker. (I had a huge problem with learning controls with ArmA II at the start, but thats different because ArmA has so many to get to grips with) then moving onto the PLA side of it, introducing the tactical more "authentic" side of the game after the starting sequence.

It could be a great idea, could be shite.

What are you talking about, the PLA is the nonsense bit, the "non-authentic".

What are you talking about, the PLA is the nonsense bit, the "non-authentic".

The way RR's campaign is setup.

Stage1. Introduce player to game, easy intro, CoD like cinematics. against insurgents. Lots of CQB and teach the player how to order the squad.

Stage2. Introduce PLA, More tactical and open. Less CoD-Like, getting players to use tactics, and making rambo style moves ineffective.

Stage3. ?

What do you mean PLA is nonsense? You mean, Russia invading some country is more likley than China nowadays?

I get bored of the "taliban in the desert" style fighting.

Stage1. Introduce player to game, easy intro, CoD like cinematics. against insurgents. Lots of CQB and teach the player how to order the squad.

Stage2. Introduce PLA, More tactical and open. Less CoD-Like, getting players to use tactics, and making rambo style moves ineffective.

Stage3. ?

What do you mean PLA is nonsense? You mean, Russia invading some country is more likley than China nowadays?

China is going to risk all it's investments and trade in the US, Australia, Britain, etc over a bit of dirt? LOL

BTW how is fighting the PLA "more tactical"?

Most likely he meant military vs military rather than military vs militia.

Most likely he meant military vs military rather than military vs militia.

I know what he's saying, I don't understand how one involves tactics and the other doesn't?

Stage3. ?

Stage3. Dropping Support :D

Stage.4 Profit!! :rolleyes:

Why you lot asking me? I'm not the one who decided the insurgent fighting would be CQB and the PLA would be more tactical.... CM did.

You've experienced it then?

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Why you lot asking me? I'm not the one who decided the insurgent fighting would be CQB and the PLA would be more tactical.... CM did.

:eek: CQB is a tactical concept.

Edited by MrBump