Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I just still can't believe the excuse that it's not a marines job to pilot helicopters thus there are none..OFP had plenty of missions with vehicles BUT with these vehicles you were geared properly IE crewman and pilot.. in the end it's the fault of the mission designer be it single or mutiplayer.

What is worse is people actually buying into this garbage, to go to an extreme it could always be made that so vehicle classes are restricted to certain units, example, pilots can use helicotpers but not tanks and vice vera, infantry get access to nothing but light vehicles excluding control of APC's.

As for the aspect of OFP being infantry..not true, Infantry was used most because(A it's the widest branch of any military..) it was easiest to control, it offered more control and versatility over vehicles, no need for extra people to use it, best FOV and full situational awareness, far more options in approach and diverse set of weapons.

But they also served difficulty curve in Operation Flashpoint..

Infantry-Car-Light vehicle-Infantry light command-Armor-Infantry high command-Armor command-Helicopter-Plane.

Edited by NodUnit

By the way, Ben, that video you linked to about people laughing at DR's physics; at least we got it fixed. ;)

Oh yee days of old... ArmA's release was a funny time... That video was one of many that made it so. :p

RealVirtuality doesn't actually have much of a physics engine yet. DR however was based on an engine used to make racing games before it, and was even advertised to have incorporated HAVOK physics, yet you run into a rock at an average speed and you'll be sent flying. At least RealVirtuality doesn't pretend to be something it isn't. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know, Just thought that video is funny. :)

Well .......

I wonder what thing they're going to release (well, remove) next. I'm loosing hope in CM, but im still waiting for that Alpha date where they show us videos of the game and more info.

im still waiting for that Alpha date where they show us videos of the game and more info.

Don't worry, I've seen smoke plumes rising up from the CM HQ, signifying that their render farm is hard at work rendering the next batch of lies, "ingame footage".

lol...... I guess the first "video" we see is gonna be CGI....

Yeah, the laptop one

I remember the CM logo on it...might be wrong though

real_ofp2.jpg

Ah the good old days...

I believe the website was BIS' as it advertised Armed Assault later on, did it not?

I always found it out-of-place too. However, that was very, very "concept stages". Heck, if you notice, it was meant to take place in Vietnam. :D

Ah the good old days. I wish BI release a vietnam war pack as DLC(hint hint)

I wish BI release a vietnam war pack as DLC(hint hint)

Id like to see the island that would come with it :)

Nice find Zipper5. That really brings back joyous memories...

... it's just unfortunate that now the good name of OFP is pretty much ruined.

Guys was it really meant to be placed in Vietnam or it is just rumors?

Rumours. The photo is an iconic one from the Vietnam war. There was no other media or info accompanied by the image.

Enjoyable read, still Ricbar thanks for reminding me who told me about the multiplayer streaming fiasco as I completely forgot about it last month when I was telling someone about it in the old'e'ol OFP IRC chat page. Still as for my 2 pence on this game (Or in exchange rate would that be around 1.6 pence?) I won't be buying the sequel on release, I might be blind enough to go for the honey once but I won't be stung a second time! ;)

Rumours. The photo is an iconic one from the Vietnam war. There was no other media or info accompanied by the image.

Actually there was some info like the game "would be set across Southeast Asia, Centeral Europe and Africa" and i remember an interview with Marek talking about how the Vietnam bit was hard accurately create and how bad te war was etc.

Enjoyable read, still Ricbar thanks for reminding me who told me about the multiplayer streaming fiasco as I completely forgot about it last month when I was telling someone about it in the old'e'ol OFP IRC chat page. Still as for my 2 pence on this game (Or in exchange rate would that be around 1.6 pence?) I won't be buying the sequel on release, I might be blind enough to go for the honey once but I won't be stung a second time! ;)

Hey Tyro didnt notice you, been a while. :)

According to templar the mentioning of those supposed facts leaked by CM employees that were posted in here a while ago caused a "big drama". Looking back I can see a few people weren't surprised about it, but it hardly caused a "big drama" because we know not to trust what people say supposedly came from the horse's mouth. :rolleyes:

However, you might be interested in Sion's response:

My opinion is that it's unsubstantiated fantasy written by "someone" seemingly derived from the false assumptions that;

a) Dragon Rising was a "failure": This is incorrect, we would not be making Red River if that was the case, we have almost 1.1million sales to date with almost 90% of those on consoles. Our average score is 76% and our Achievement and Trophy tracking data suggests that almost 80% of those users have completed the game.

b) New Environment, new characters, new weapons, new vehicles, new animation system, new Mo-Cap, new audio constitutes a re-skin !?!?

c) Codemasters as a corporate entity made business decisions based on Templars work: I'm afraid that other than the Dev's interacting with this forum and maybe one or two engineers that worked with him, Templar’s "fame" is limited only to this community.

I'm really under no obligation to respond to this sort of delusional nonsense, you might as well be asking me to confirm or deny that the Ego engine is powered by squirrel tears?

I do find it funny how they made an OFP game and most of their sales came from the consoles. Shows exactly why Red River is becoming what it is... The PC version didn't have achievements so you can't tell how many of them completed the game.

Oh and for part b, show me new features, Sion. All you've done is taken them out. ;)

Edited by Zipper5

Originally Posted by Sion Lenton

My opinion is that blahdy teh blah blah blah baeh meh blah blah teh bleh & blah blahdy blah....

Rofl..handbags at dawn chaps.

Red River could perhaps not be a reskin of DR, but it's most definitely a reskin of Call of Duty/Battlefield/Medal of Honor/HALO, which is much worse. ;)

Originally Posted by Sion Lenton

I'm really under no obligation to respond to this sort of delusional nonsense, you might as well be asking me to confirm or deny that the Ego engine is powered by squirrel tears?

But he did anyway. I wonder now how much of what my mate told me was true as seems to have struck a nerve.

I'll be having a pint or 3 with him in a few weeks time when i'm back down that neck of the woods, so i'll try and glean a bit more.

Edit: And yes as much as Lenton is attempting to play down any info over on the CM forums that "Bloke down the pub" is a CM employee.

Edited by Janxy