Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

oh it was bad :p

first BRM i got a 28 out of 40. when i was done w/ qual it was zeroed at 800m (it started at 300m) :butbut:

oh and zipper, that reference photo you picked... is not an M16A2. that's an A1 with 1st gen round hand guard.

you can tell by looking at the thin light barrel and the rear sight

Had just my first intense read on the CM forum.

It's pathetic.

'nuff said.

regards

Edited by nettrucker

oh and zipper, that reference photo you picked... is not an M16A2. that's an A1 with 1st gen round hand guard.

you can tell by looking at the thin light barrel and the rear sight

Well, this is embarrassing... As I said, I'm no gun enthusiast. :D

Still, I guess it got the point across, despite epically *silently* failing... :p

Over there, people seem to have given up the mission editor and mod tools thing. Or, at least, those who gave a crap don't post there anymore/have been banned to create the illusion the discussion's ended.

Edited by Zipper5

44369_155618247787391_147516158597600_528559_5236905_n.jpg

Whats with all the white? :\ Looks like someone tipped a bag of flour over it.

-picture-

Whats with all the white? :\ Looks like someone tipped a bag of flour over it.

Because, my good man, this picture serves as a metaphor for the game - washed out and broken.

Edited by Paplate

No.....fucking.......way.

Didn't they blow all the development funds buying WoW gold off of chinese gold farmers or something?

Probably. ;)

Also:

Q."why is it using the round handguard, instead of a Rail Interface System like you did in DR?"

A."In this particular example we wanted to show a more obvious variation between the M16 and the M4"

Are you kidding me...

FPDR

Because, my good man, this picture serves as a metaphor for the game - washed out and broken.

Hey speaking of that I didn't really notice it before but..is that bird poop on the stock.

It'd be a nightmare to have an M16 variant like that on the field, can you imagine how much jamming there would be..I wonder if they give thought to perhaps there being a reason soldiers relatively keep their guns clean or cleanish.

Edited by NodUnit

Are you kidding me...

"Well, we wanted to make a distinctive weapon, so we made a Barrett which fires 120mm shells. We call it...The Lentonator."

lmao! :d

but you guys might want to remove the picture quoting. :p

on a lighter note... it's back, baby! :cool:

yeesssssss!!!!

Joygasm!

The bad news is that Sion has been appointed the new creative director.

Arrrggghhhh...joke not abuot such things. (More inf)

"Well, we wanted to make a distinctive weapon, so we made a Barrett which fires 120mm shells. We call it...The Lentonator."

You little fucker! I had a mouthful of piping hot tea when I read that. Half of it went up my nose, and I think i've scalded my sinus. The other half went over my monitor.

You should know better than to be drinking things when reading these forums.

You should know better than to be drinking things when reading these forums.

and this particular topic, tough the best still to come imo... nice

You little fucker! I had a mouthful of piping hot tea when I read that. Half of it went up my nose, and I think i've scalded my sinus. The other half went over my monitor.

Nice....

When Placebo made the remark, "Operation Flashpoint Shiiiite" I pissed myself alittle I was holding it in for some reason.

damn you Placebo! :p

Rule 1 on BIS forums dont drink and read because it will end up on your desk and monitor. :D

Weeeell, I kinda promised myself i'd stay out of this, buuuut from my source in cm ( btw i'm the guy who announced on the DR forums that cm would be dropping all support for DR long before Helios was cleared to "release it" ) has told me a few things about the new game and a bunch of other stuff:

1. The development budget for RR has been slashed and the team told to reuse whatever assets there are already available ( read re-skins and more "focused" gameplay ( or is that cut features )...ahem ;D). Expect a poor mans version of BFBFC2 et al.

2. Sion got demoted from producer to "creative director" to save some face.

3. The cm folk ( no matter what the public face has to say ) are/were really pissed at templar showing them up. I've been told that "narcissistic dickhead" was one term that was used, though I can't verify that and should be taken as heresay or opinion.

4.One of the reasons why there is no Mission Editor, refer to 3. There is no way they would want a better game made by enthusiasts building upon existing work. Maybe DLC but not decided yet. The "uncoupling" excuse was pure bullshit.

On side notes and public information "Black" will departing cm after bodycount after a major internal bustup ( he's only sticking around because of contractual obligations ) and can't wait to leave ( from all accounts ).

The Jumpgate mmo has bombed and is now shelfware.

Turbine will take back the LOTR ip license from cm in less than 2 years ( something they can't wait to happen ).

And yes my "source" is already looking for other jobs.

Edited by Janxy

Weeeell, I kinda promised myself i'd stay out of this, buuuut from my source in cm ( btw i'm the guy who announced on the DR forums that cm would be dropping all support for DR long before Helios was cleared to "release it" ) has told me a few things about the new game and a bunch of other stuff:

1. The development budget for RR has been slashed and the team told to reuse whatever assets there are already available ( read re-skins and more "focused" gameplay ( or is that cut features )...ahem ;D). Expect a poor mans version of BFBFC2 et al.

3. The cm folk ( no matter what the public face has to say ) are/were really pissed at templar showing them up. I've been told that "narcissistic dickhead" was one term that was used, though I can't verify that and should be taken as heresay or opinion.

4.One of the reasons why there is no Mission Editor, refer to 3. There is no way they would want a better game made by enthusiasts building upon existing work. Maybe DLC but not decided yet. The "uncoupling" excuse was pure bullshit.

On side notes and public information "Black" will departing cm after bodycount after a major internal bustup ( he's only sticking around because of contractual obligations ) and can't wait to leave ( from all accounts ).

Turbine will take back the LOTR ip license from cm in less than 2 years ( something they can't wait to happen ).

So, it's a low-budget imitation. Am I the only one who keeps having visions of Soldier of Fortune 3?

Also that CM has been bailed out recently by some Indian software company, they own like 80% of Conmasters.

HAHAHAHA

if it wasnt for F1 and Dirt series Goodbye CM.

you will not be missed. :yay:

Edited by Flash Thunder

Interesting stuff, Janxy.

It's already been reported that Black's leaving next month with rumours of bad blood:http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/29490/Black_Leaves_Codemasters_Bodycount.php

Say what you will about Bis releasing their own DLC (and I'd say BAF was pretty fun); they have real balls to compete directly with what the community make for the RV engine.

You lot know that RR is still only Pre-Alpha stage, alot can happen.

At least wait for some gameplay to bash/judge.

Doesn't have a mission editor, doesn't have mod tools, may or may not be apprehensive at the possibility of their community making better content than them, and still carries the OFP name. I'm going to bash as much as I want. Word of mouth works in both ways. Couldn't care less how early it is, it's already a failure for most OFP fans. ;)