Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Bulletbiter, now you're simply being difficult. :butbut:

Let's try to at least keep this civilized, lol.

I would be more inclined to ask about those renders:

* what is their poly count

* what is the size of their textures

* are those rendered with the game engine, other DX shader or renderer(marmoset for instace), or render engine (MR, Vray etc?)

SInce i don't feel about posting anything anymore on CM forums(plus i don't really remember my pass there), could you Ben_s ask that?

Bulletbiter, now you're simply being difficult. :butbut:

Let's try to at least keep this civilized, lol.

Sorry, just calling a spade a spade, but your right I stepped over the line there.

SInce i don't feel about posting anything anymore on CM forums(plus i don't really remember my pass there), could you Ben_s ask that?

They don't reply to anything techical. Don't bother, I did ask a very simplifed version to *hopefully* get them to reply, but they didn't.

p.s. I doubt they're gonna tell us anything about their rendering proccess with their concept art, even post-release.

* what is their poly count

* what is the size of their textures

* are those rendered with the game engine, other DX shader or renderer(marmoset for instace), or render engine (MR, Vray etc?)

I'd imagine they're all quite low due to console constraints, and are "hidden" behind layers of carefully crafted shaders. I don't imagine the PC version of Red River being anything other than a console port, so I expect the same thing on the PC.

I'd imagine they're all quite low due to console constraints, and are "hidden" behind layers of carefully crafted shaders. I don't imagine the PC version of Red River being anything other than a console port, so I expect the same thing on the PC.

The renders they're showing will be using lighting/shader effects to make them look more detailed. They won't be using large textures.

44369_155618244454058_147516158597600_528558_2128064_n.jpg

But once it goes in-game, they will screw it all up.

Well, if you recall the trailers for DR boasting the number of polygons on a single grenade, or the detail in the animations for the SCAR, and then how it actually turned out at released... Lol.

And don't forgot how the PC version of DR was supposed to have high-resolution textures and models. :rolleyes:

I can't wait for them to release more images, so we can start playing "spot the gun thats not in the game"

Yeah, They show us a high poly image, with high-res textures, I wonder if they will bring out any images with proper normal mapping or bump mapping on anything.

I guess they will actually be using normal maps for renders, then remove them to "compensate for consoles" in the final cut. Same with those high-res textures and high poly count.

Is it just me, or do all those renders make the vehicles and even weapons look like the game is set in some Fallout-esque post-WW3 wasteland world? :confused:

Exactly what I was thinking when I saw them. I think the objective is to make them "kewl" but they just look like they're 100 years old now. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I think they were aiming for that. I don't really care, so long as they die when I squeeze the trigger. :p

I can't wait for them to release more images, so we can start playing "spot the gun thats not in the game"

Yeah, They show us a high poly image, with high-res textures, I wonder if they will bring out any images with proper normal mapping or bump mapping on anything.

I guess they will actually be using normal maps for renders, then remove them to "compensate for consoles" in the final cut. Same with those high-res textures and high poly count.

Hey big ben, It's nice to see that YOU have seen the light about CODEMASTERS. I have been banned so many times on the forum for calling them out about the crap codemasters was saying and pushing about DR from the start.

I don't think you been on the forum back in the day before the game come out. What makes any vet still left on the forum think they will tell the truth about what game is and who the target is for the game. Why would they make a game that the 50 or so people still playing want. Codemasters just wants the COD/BF players that what a little more.

I used to think that ARMA game would be great for the console but the truth be told MOST ( not all ) console gamers will never get this game or play it the right way. That is the hard cold truth. ARMA game will never have great numbers of players for a console.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

Hey avibird. :)

ArmA would be great for consoles, thats true. Too bad publishers don't take risks. They just like to stick to BF/COD worlds.

p.s. Notice how my join date was early decemeber 2009, I didn't only just join after the announced red river. Please remember that people.

I don't really care, so long as they die when I squeeze the trigger. :p

So you are buying the game!

Not that you will have to pay for it, afterall you do work for Codemasters.

Your clever, very clever, in fact the best I've seen.

You travelled under the radar for quite some time and done a marvellous job advertising your games here. But you slipped.

It's astonishing how much you know about scripting 'Ben', so much so that you even correct TemplarGFX's mistakes.

hmmm not bad for someone who apparently cannot afford a PC capable of playing operation arrowhead.

Hey avibird. :)

ArmA would be great for consoles, thats true. Too bad publishers don't take risks. They just like to stick to BF/COD worlds.

p.s. Notice how my join date was early decemeber 2009, I didn't only just join after the announced red river. Please remember that people.

Just let the community know I am still alive and that codemasters hit on me did not work! ARMA GAME WOULD BE GREAT for some of us on the console but the overall numbers of console players would not like the game. I was playing red dead on hardcore and most of the players did not understand if you are not in cover you will get shoot and without autoaim. I am not saying red dead is anything like ARMA but you need to stay in cover and be in a squad to have cover fire if you want to move from cover to cover.

Most console players don't get this and I understand now. It's been five months since I have not played OFP elite on the old XBOX live with my old group. Most XBOX 360 players just want to run around with out any real team order when playing.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

hmmm not bad for someone who apparently cannot afford a PC capable of playing operation arrowhead.

Im 14. And Bored.

If you think I can afford to pay for a new PC, then think again.

P.S. I've grown up around computers, and in england, don't like sport or stuff, so i've just naturally taken to computing. And Yes, I do have a life and friends, before you try that one.

And no, I am not lying.

Edited by Ben_S

I believe that is an M16A1, hence the old school rails.

44369_155618247787391_147516158597600_528559_5236905_n.jpg

He makes an interesting point. Now that I look at it more closely, it seems that CM's M16A4 is a cross between an A1 and the A4, with some random tacticool features on it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say CM does not have military advisers working for them/with them anymore...

Hmm, Yeah, you're right.

It does have some distinctive A4 series characteristics though. Perhaps its CM's version of a "half-arsed job"

More like A2, since the A1 had the classic triangular hand guard...

And based on how wrong most things in DR were, I doubt they ever had ANY advisors working for them... More PR bullshit imho...

True, but look at how many things are wrong in Medal of Honor and they do have military advisers working with them. :p

M16A4 in full-auto, baby! At first I thought "Well, since it's not set in the present day perhaps some of these guys are using the A3 a bit more." but it turns out it's actually an A4. FPDR

I'm going to go out on a limb and say CM does not have military advisers working for them/with them anymore...

I doubt they made a new model and this actually is from DR.

Or that. I'm not much of a gun-enthusiast but I'm sure people could find a ton of problems with the RR weapon renderings.

I think the term "realism" in regards to RR is going to be really stretched...

And based on how wrong most things in DR were, I doubt they ever had ANY advisors working for them..

Oh no...I dare say they have people who are advising them about military matters. Just not people who have been in the military. After all, I could give advice about quantum physics. Which would make me the "Quantum Physics Advisor". No one is claiming that CM's "Military Advisors" are former members of any military, or that I know anything about quantum physics, but no one can stop you putting on a label that is suggestive of something that you aint.

CM: "Our military advisor" leads the assumption that said advisors know what they are talking about. But really, anyone who has been playing shooters for the last 10 years could probably give some reasonable advice about whats what with US Army weapons. CM "Advisor" is probably wikimedia.

CM do seem to have jazzed it up to make it look 1337, even if is does mean that they are talking outof thier collective 455's.

Fuck 'em. Let 'em get on with it. It's not like they could gang rape the Operation Flashpoint name anymore than they did with FPDR

Fair point there. Just 'cause it says "military advisor" doesn't mean they're from the military, it could just mean 1 guy from the dev team who googled stuff, then branded him their "military advisor" for al lwe know.

True, but look at how many things are wrong in Medal of Honor and they do have military advisers working with them. :p

M16A4 in full-auto, baby! At first I thought "Well, since it's not set in the present day perhaps some of these guys are using the A3 a bit more." but it turns out it's actually an A4. FPDR

Well M16/AR15 parts are all interchangeable, so they might get away by saying "some uhhoo-look-at-me special force dude mod the weapon so that it have a automatic trigger group":D

OH WAIT! I said that out loud didn't I?:butbut: