Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I believe DR was CM's first game featuring DLCs, I could be wrong.

RR-game would have a better milking moddel. Only SP & Coop at release, you get PVP mode pack as DLC, along with whatever maps, weapons they will think of, pvp-only.

Editor could be a very expensive DLC, sought by many delusional folk, even on the consoles.

You milk the peasants, that is what they exist for.

I dont think PVP and the editor would be made as DLC unless they think they could get away with some good money another 20-30 dollars, but I see where you're getting at.

All codemasters would have to do to make a console editor is make a very basic, placement of X object and these coordinates, doesnt have to have a very flashy interface, allow a few triggers,scripts,modules waypoints, I mean it doesnt have to be everything, the console users just want to be able to make some random gameplay, or fight specific enemies and use specific equipment I doubt they would all want to make a campaign like Heavens Feel those require alot of time and hard work they just want basics.

I was just looking around in FPDR forums and stumble upon this commentary.

I have a feeling the no ME is because you have to use a simplified ME with user friendly tools to create the campaign if you did. Maybe they needed to use something more advanced and less user friendly this time. I mean, OFP, ArmA, OFDR, all have missions that seem to be unpolished, simplistic, and hanging by duct tape, compared to other shooters.

It's this kind of gamers they want to attract. Gamers who like corridor shooters and AI scripted levels, and above all console players. I can see now, what will be their new fan base, after the departure of ARMA's dissidents.

Glad to see that some of them are coming to their natural right place, here.

Personally, I'm done here. It's obvious that Red River will be a failure of a game, even if it sells decently and the sheep buy it. It's not worth my time anymore.

Thanks for ruining the OFP franchise, Codemasters. People will always remember how you, like Ubisoft, ruined a once great franchise. Thankfully, we have BIS and we have the ArmA series.

+1

The MAIN reason I am hating this decision from CM, is the excuse they used.

I mean, "packaging up both the mission editor and our new environment editor into a gamer-friendly tool set, and then decoupling them from our internal pipeline would be a massive engineering task. This would require us to divert resources from elsewhere. The priority here is producing a killer single-player and co-op campaign and so a mission editor won’t feature in the PC or console editions of Red River." is basicly saying "We can't do that because we're too lazy to put the files on the CD", since they don't need to do anything other than that.

:mad:

FPDR

Indeed...It was OK though, he "saw it coming". He reminds me of Kanye West a little bit.

Yo ARMA 2, I'm really happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but Dragon Rising was one of the best military simulator's of all time!

Yo ARMA 2, I'm really happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but Dragon Rising was one of the best military simulator's of all time!

Well, It was the best military simulator on consoles of all time. I will give it that, not much else.

Well, It was the best military simulator on consoles of all time. I will give it that, not much else.

Operation Flashpoint Elite :cool:

Edited by CW001
Spelling faiol

Ok, one of the best "military simulators" on consoles.

Well, since there are only OFP: Elite and OFP: Dragon failing on consoles which name (themselves) "Military Sim", one could say:

"CM earned respectable second place while it's competitor is just last but one."

Fuzzy in the next day or two I am going to upload some ArmA gameplay footage that I would like you to take a look at.

I recently purchased Operation Arrowhead and have been comprehensively examining, tweaking, adjusting and fine-tuning all the popular OA compatible mods and scripts and have put together what I beleive is now by far the most realistic behaving AI ever seen in an urban combat simulation.

Keep an eye out for my gameplay footage and please post some feedback/constructive criticism as to how it compares to all the other military games you have ever played. Cheers.

Before I respond to you, Bullet, I just wanted to say thanks to all the people who responded. You guys are really helpful... and well... nice. As much as I wanted to hate you guys for stupid reasons I cannot, you are all too helpful.

To Bullet, I saw some OA footage and it looks really sweet. I'm really looking forward to Project Reality in ArmA 2 since I play BF2: PR religiously, it's too bad that I like most gamers, have no money. Guess I'll have to wait for it to go down in price to around $10 or $20. I'll be looking out for that gameplay footage, you can send me a message on here if you want to with a link to the videos.

And to some other people who say the MP is broken, I've seen a bunch of gameplay videos of really awesome tactical gameplay online. Granted it is probably clan servers or something, but joining and registering and finding a clan is so tedious just to get a good game. I like to play with people, not play singleplayer.

I will continually give ArmA 2 a try, but until I get OA and PR I'll be playing BF2: PR

Well, public MP is "broken" as it is, but again, that's the fault of the people playing it. If you get into a good group, clan, or tournament, you can have some seriously epic and long MP sessions. That's where most of those cool videos will be coming from. However, I understand that, for most people, finding and joining a clan is far too much work to simply play a good MP session.

Even if you're not a fan of SP I think you should at least give a few good user-made missions or campaigns a try, and definitely try out the editor. Heck, you could even make some MP scenarios using the editor if you so desired, you might find you get the best of both worlds there.

Anyways, good luck!

Sometimes you have already the answer

I'm really looking forward to Project Reality in ArmA 2 since I play BF2: PR religiously

Isnt it the same like a CoD fan would say

I'm really looking forward to CoD Projects in ArmA 2 since I play CoD: 4 and MW2 religiously

If someone is doing something religiously he might be biased and not that interested in spending too much time with new or other things. ;)

Its maybe better understandable with car lovers - one likes fast cars, another offroads, the next one old cars. They can tryout different cars but in the end they will stick to their own likings. There is nothing wrong with it, though.

If someone is doing something religiously he might be biased and not that interested in spending too much time with new or other things. ;)

Its maybe better understandable with car lovers - one likes fast cars, another offroads, the next one old cars. They can tryout different cars but in the end they will stick to their own likings. There is nothing wrong with it, though.

Religiously might not be the right word, but playing it at least once a week. It's not the only game I play, and assuming I don't like ArmA 2 because I play Project Reality is stupid...

Yeah, its like assuming anyone who plays CoD knows nothing about war and is a 8 year old american kid.

Whilst there are hundreds of people that are in army whilst still play CoD.

p.s. @Fuzzy, the BIS community is actually very nice and helpful, Some people at CM forums refuse to admit that. Just ignore the ones who may bash you over being at CM forums (if it happens)

Edited by Ben_S

Another defecte from the DR forums...... Room for one more??

What a surprise CM totally destroys flashpoint. Again.

I have been silently skulking the BIS forums after CM butchered and abandoned the beloved flashpoint for about 6-8 months, and have since got arma 2 with about a bizzillion mods and im having possibly my greatest gaming experience (no lie) and i have even dipped my very tired and confused toes in editing/scripting.

Im not a total n00b as i have extensively played CWC and A1 and it wasnt till i bootcamped my mac pro , that i was able to get this absolutely amazing and mindblowing game, sorry im so late.............

(i only gamed on the xbox 360 after my pc died a few years ago, hence i had an unbelievably dire time with DR)

Oh did i mention i feel :yay:

EDIT: I would like to state that i would like to see CM turn it around (competition IS healthy and i like to casual game on a console) but with their track record its about as likley to happen as me figuring out how to stop the warfare module spawning me and the LAV in a random position. Any takers?

Edited by Ten Bensons

Another defecte from the DR forums...... Room for one more??

Of course. Welcome. :)

Judging by your post it would seem that you have been a "closeted" Arma2 fan for some time now. I wonder how many more people like this are out there, afraid to "come out". :D

It's okay to come out, people! You will be accepted with open arms.

Of course. Welcome. :)

Judging by your post it would seem that you have been a "closeted" Arma2 fan for some time now. I wonder how many more people like this are out there, afraid to "come out". :D

It's okay to come out, people! You will be accepted with open arms.

:D:D:D OK! OK! i have to admit i have not given multiplayer a go in A2 yet (i dont have OA) i want to give it a try anything you would particularly recommend?

:D:D:D OK! OK! i have to admit i have not given multiplayer a go in A2 yet (i dont have OA) i want to give it a try anything you would particularly recommend?

If you had OA, I would have said try Charlie Foxtrot.

Can't really say much otherwise, since I don't play public MP.

It's good to see some familiar faces from the CM forums finally come over here. Welcome! :D

p.s. @Fuzzy, the BIS community is actually very nice and helpful, Some people at CM forums refuse to admit that.

And it's been that way since OFP. ;)

I dare anyone from the CM forums to buy Arma2 and download IkaR's F14 and fire up the 'Danger Zone' song and have the time of your life in Air combat chasing Su-34's or what not :)

Hmm ok I thought of "religiously" is meant to be playing PR 3-4 days a week, while "fanatic" is every day. Hence the words...

I'm not assuming that you dont like A2 because of playing religiously PR but that you dont take the time you may need to get used/familiar with A2CO.

Anyway its up to the people how they play together. Playing in a group/clan has some advantages.

(Btw isn't PR something similar like a clan? Players need the PR mod and they need to be on PR servers to enjoy PR missions.)

Co-op with an organised group. There are plenty of them out there, just give the Squads and Fanpages forum a browse, find a group that sounds about right for you, and go and experience how ArmA ought to be played. Shameless and quick example from my own group:

cCKy6T7mrOA

Take that, 4 player max co-op!

Edited by Pathy