Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

LOL, I live in Australia, its pretty big, my ISP is Telstra, the largest ISP in Australia. But of course I am the only person in Australia using Telstra for the internet.

that is hilarious

Lawl... Wonder what city he lives in?

And yes, that little double agent thing made me chuckle. :D

Edited by Zipper5
I DON'T even know how the internet works, it seems D:

Who knows maybe some console players will be happy with the RR killer shooter? Guess CM is still looking for a little niche between shooter franchises like CoD/BF2 and sim-oriented games like Arma2 + CO. We will see if CM finds a brilliant idea for RR or if they're keep on beeing "nice"...

Just found this posted by the user crackshot:

I just finished a private discussion with a 'freind' over at the game developers forum and guess what, the Codemasters head honcho has already pulled the plug on Red River. He must have seen the writing on the wall...

Figure that's actually true or just trolling? :p

And what about people already doing here more than he did there? What is exactly point of this conversation - going blind for ArmA and modders here (DAC that was here before Island War, Zeus AI that rocks, my mod WICT that brings dynamic battlefronts, then VTS3.5 - Live Multiplayer coop mission editor (which doesn't exist in DR and never will etc.))? [not just about your reply Iroquois Pliskin, I pull it out of context, I admit, but I am looking back at some other replies as well]

Did you even read this?

Here is yours

xa xa xa :D

Realistic military simulation, right? :D

I have to say I don't really go in for flaming people who make the effort to post their mods for games; and on a forum for a game such as this I find it especially poor.

Myself I didn't really get into any of the homemade missions I tried for DR. But I thoroughly applaud all those who took the time to release them.

I don't think DR mission making was ever going to go very far. Without some kind of mission editor for consoles, the games primary platform, it was never ever going to get enough people using it to come up with the stuff comparable for what you can find for this game.

I applaud CM for putting it in the first place, and I am hopeful that the old one will be hackable to use with the new release still...

But ultimately them dropping it is of no particular loss to me.

It's a console port. Buy it cheap, play it for a bit, move on to the next game.

Edited by Baff1

Just found this posted by the user crackshot:

Figure that's actually true or just trolling? :p

It wouldn't surprise me. Even with the crapstorm nobody's getting banned by Helios so they must have given up on it.

They dont care about their "current" fanbase (if there is any?) which was clear with the last failure, but always moving ahead and selling it to new unaware customers (if there is any these days?). Those who know about the failure buy into the advertisement lies over and over again.

Hearing RR will have XP upgrades hints of BFBC2 instantly, and its a great game if you want fast blasting hollywood action but no where near a war sim, and RR is probably aiming for an improved BFBC2 in terms of idea (at least what ive seen). The execution will be fun to see. Got no hope whatsoever though - not with a creative director straight from kindergarden.

Hey guys, I'm new here and I'm no troll, so don't get pissed at me...

I first started out with DR rather than getting any older OpFlash or ArmA, and I thought it was fun. Co-op was a blast with some friends but there was little to no replay value and the MP was god-awful. I had one good intense experience with it and that was it. I always thought DR was a good game, and a lot could be improved... I figured it was a test run with the new engine and all that.

Baited by the Steam summer sales, I bought ArmA 2 because it is praised by the mil-sim community. Going into it I thought it would be easy to use at the surface, but hard as hell to master. It was fun, but A2 feels so... clunky. It isn't fluid at all and doing simple things like, shooting, for example, is hard. Getting into a decent MP game is nearly impossible with the tons of freaking mods you have to download and update.

Once I did get in MP, it was nothing like I expected. If any of you have played Project Reality for BF2, I figured it would be like that. Awesome team work to complete objectives. But no.

All I got was 20 or so guys running around and flying not communicating at all. It was like Call of Duty except with worse controls and you die in 1 hit. Now, I know you are going to flame me for all this, but I thought I needed to share my opinions of the game.

I have yet to get 1 really good ArmA 2 game, it doesn't even compare to Project Reality. This really disappoints me. I know ArmA 2 has more to offer in terms of gameplay and and modding, but I just don't see it. Sure, call me a noob, but at face value I think A2 is no better than DR. The AI isn't stellar either especially when you die at 800m with one bullet in a forest...

Now, RR will be a failure. No doubt about it. With no mission editor and no SDK or modding tools at all, RR will easily flop. I still have hopes for it though, and I'm not sure why. I'm interested into what they can do with it, even if it is a failure. I'm sure it will be fun and enjoyable, unlike my experiences with ArmA 2.

And on the topic of bashing Templar, whatever he did to piss you off is besides the point. What he did to prolong the DR community is pretty cool, he created something the devs couldn't do with millions of dollars and talented people working all day everyday. So don't disown his credibility as a talented person. So what, he's not good at the ArmA 2 editor... big fucking whoop.

This probably seems like a bunch of random shit patched together, and you will probably rage at me for DARING TO CHALLENGE ARMA 2!!!!11!!, but I just wanted to get my opinions out there on RR and ArmA 2.

Thanks, you guys seem like a bunch of intelligent people. I might stick around for a bit :)

I have to say I don't really go in for flaming people who make the effort to post their mods for games; and on a forum for a game such as this I find it especially poor.

Oh no, something is misunderstood here, right? I don't get it if you agree or disagree.

I agree that the effort is what counts and for that reason I vote for ArmA since community here made enormous effort and I am standing in defend for ArmA and realistic military simulation genre, not attacking opposite side.

And I stand with my work, not just words.

And here is what I am talking about:

Fuzzy McDoodle I agree with you that Templar did what devs didn't. I respect that, I was there also working (if you read my previous posts). But please, did you search for mods here? There is bunch of mods you can combine in whatever play style you want. What about talent of people here? You are daring to challenge ArmA2 so download and install: ACE, ALICE, DAC, VTS, ZEUS AI, WICT, DOMINATION, MEDEVAC etc.

As I wrote in my previous post, and to connect to what you said "die at 800m with one bullet in a forest" -- that is not AI -- it is cheating and it is tweakable. And if players don't communicate with you in MP is not the mods fault, am I right?

--EDIT--

@Zipper5 thanx for that reply

Edited by ArmAIIholic

All I got was 20 or so guys running around and flying not communicating at all. It was like Call of Duty except with worse controls and you die in 1 hit. Now, I know you are going to flame me for all this, but I thought I needed to share my opinions of the game.

This is a known issue with the Arma 2 MP community, and I fully support your opinion myself. It really is quite disappointing, but it's not through fault of BIS, rather the people who play it. That's why I've gone SP-only.

I know ArmA 2 has more to offer in terms of gameplay and and modding, but I just don't see it. Sure, call me a noob, but at face value I think A2 is no better than DR. The AI isn't stellar either especially when you die at 800m with one bullet in a forest...

First, let me help you see it. Arma 2 has a massive modding community. And you are indeed over-exaggerating the AI. They may have done that in OFP and ArmA, but in all my time with Arma 2 I have yet to see them do such a thing in it, let alone with all the new AI enhancements and mods.

And on the topic of bashing Templar, whatever he did to piss you off is besides the point. What he did to prolong the DR community is pretty cool, he created something the devs couldn't do with millions of dollars and talented people working all day everyday. So don't disown his credibility as a talented person. So what, he's not good at the ArmA 2 editor... big fucking whoop.

It wasn't the editor he had issues with, it was basic tasks like ordering his squads around. We tried to help him as much as we could, remaining friendly, but it seemed beyond his technical limits. He started to call the game broken because he couldn't do it, for whatever reason that was, and we started to laugh at him. Then he went back to DR.

For me, Arma 2 has become a SP-only game. Use some good AI enhancements like Zeus' AI mod if you need better AI then they already are, but I personally find them a formidable opponent in vanilla state, and I'm a dedicated mission maker. Try some good campaigns, some good SP missions, and mess around yourself in the editor. However, if you bought Arma 2 only for the multiplayer, you are greatly missing out.

Once I did get in MP, it was nothing like I expected. If any of you have played Project Reality for BF2, I figured it would be like that. Awesome team work to complete objectives. But no.

Yes, public servers can get very bad which is why I never play on one.

You are probably best of searching for a like-minded group of player.

Project Reality for ARMA 2 is also in the works ;)

I know ArmA 2 has more to offer in terms of gameplay and and modding, but I just don't see it.

Fuzzy in the next day or two I am going to upload some ArmA gameplay footage that I would like you to take a look at.

I recently purchased Operation Arrowhead and have been comprehensively examining, tweaking, adjusting and fine-tuning all the popular OA compatible mods and scripts and have put together what I beleive is now by far the most realistic behaving AI ever seen in an urban combat simulation.

Keep an eye out for my gameplay footage and please post some feedback/constructive criticism as to how it compares to all the other military games you have ever played. Cheers.

Unfortunately public multiplayer in general for ArmA2 is the pure definition of 'terrible', but don't give up hope. There are many communities with many different styles of play and preferences (COOP, CTF, TDM, Warfare, CIT, AAS, and many more modes), and even though COOP in general is the more popular one there are still several community-run servers that focus on PvP at different scales, some more casual-friendly, some more hardcore.

Have a look at the Multiplayer-forum, and at the Squads & Fanpages forum, and you'll probably find something to get hooked on. :)

Yeah, whilst I love A2 & DR, both games have terrible multiplayer. We can agree on that.

On topic, I can't belive CM did something as so stupid as to take their ONLY good thing about DR (The editor, lets face it, the rest of the game is pretty bad) and then take it out.

You can't believe it? I certainly can, but that's because I wasn't blind to all the bullshit they pulled with Dragon Rising. Why would they have done anything better with Red River? They're a huge, mainstream developer who's sole purpose now is to make money, not good games, and the easy way to do that is to make an emulation of either COD, or WoW. They went with COD. Money making is on the mind of all publishers and developers, but some on a much greater scale than others...

Codemasters games in recent history can be only summed up as mediocre at best, and yes, I have played them. They won't break the tradition just for the Operation Flashpoint brand.

except CM isnt even going to put that much effort into the game tis time around, only SP and Coop, no editor or PVP.

so now whats DLC going to be, another 3, 5 minute long run n gun segments?

CM just stop. FPDR

I believe DR was CM's first game featuring DLCs, I could be wrong.

RR-game would have a better milking moddel. Only SP & Coop at release, you get PVP mode pack as DLC, along with whatever maps, weapons they will think of, pvp-only.

Editor could be a very expensive DLC, sought by many delusional folk, even on the consoles.

You milk the peasants, that is what they exist for.

I wouldnt go as far as saying he's a good guy, I seem to be constantly deleting spam from him on my youtube videos, and he rates every one of mine as low as he can....

Lol, I made one comment on his most recent video of DR saying "That turd must be awfully shiny by now, Templar" and he deleted it, along with another comment by Celery. As to the rating of videos, I rate every video of DR I watch as a thumbs down, not just his, but I also don't go around YouTube looking specifically for DR videos just to give them a thumbs down. I do it to videos of it that have their link given to me in a discussion, over MSN, etc.

As soon as i get Arma i'd like to try and i MEAN "TRY" to translate my Heaven's Feel campaign from DR to Arma >_>, **Crosses fingers**

-**Takes cover**

-I still don't understand why you guys "Like" Mr Templar so much *cough*

You have finally seen the light! :p

Welcome. :)

nah, Son xD , i just don't care about anyone lol, i just do what i want. :P

Well, welcome anyways. ;)

As to your question about Templar, he claimed the game was broken because he couldn't figure out the basics. We tried to help, remaining friendly, but he still couldn't do it and started getting angry, eventually flaming those who were actually helping him originally. He was warned, infracted, etc. and we just laughed at how stupid it got.

Oh the memories... :rolleyes:

FPDR

Indeed...It was OK though, he "saw it coming". He reminds me of Kanye West a little bit.

Edited by Bascule42

FPDR

Indeed...It was OK though, he "saw it coming". He reminds me of Kanye West a little bit.

Oh no, don't bring that joke of a person here, please... the amount of ridiculousness is high enough here with FPDR, you could break the interwebz by adding the gayfish to it...