Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I wouldn't, simply because of the reasons I posted above. Not worth the wasted harddrive space.

Only game I will ever own with the Codemasters name on it is my GOTY Edition of OFP.

This thread is shaping up to be the largest on the net for RR just like the old DR thread was.

Were more passionate here than even on the developers own forums, it wouldn't do the dev any harm from that game to come here and write some of this down.

RR at the moment only appears to be DR in a new location, recycled PLA to save money etc.

it wouldn't do the dev any harm from that game to come here and write some of this down.

/QUOTE]

Oh yes it would..trust me, by comparison the flaming going on right now would be but a mere match in comparison to a bonfire.

As for RR..err, even if it had those features why would we get it when we already have them seperately?

what a god damn lame direction to take from ConsoleMonkeys...at least they said what they actually plan to do before the release..

BTW, what the heck is with the sarge kiddo? he is either on turd...ahhm, mean coke, or his more optimistic that Roman Belic...;)

No Mission editor on PC or Console

But its not going to be on PC either HAHAHA

That truely deserves the facepalm

FPDR FPDR FPDR

Seriously how is Conmasters going to sell this game now?

this is a total cash n grab operation now, clearly there is no intention to please the community in anyway, might as well close their forum.

I can see it right now on the back of the box, Ride along the Red river with a 500meter tether now featuring a breathtaking 65 entities with a 10 mission campaign and 5 coop missions that are 100% scripted.

CM you messed up way too much might aswell stop making games with the brand OFP on them, because they are not OFP games.

Oh yes it would..trust me, by comparison the flaming going on right now would be but a mere match in comparison to a bonfire.

As for RR..err, even if it had those features why would we get it when we already have them seperately?

I dont know, I dont fancy temper's new hack, whats the point for that if I already got a handful of GB of mods for ARMA2 anyway?

Consolemasters is just catering to the crowd who like to be ripped off and taken advantage of.

It's really no different then people who send money to Nigeria several times despite being ripped off once, twice..3 times Theres some kind of weird wiring in their brains that makes them unable to help themselves.

They know Consolemasters is full of s***, they know Arma 2 has everything they wanted in DR and are asking for in RR but they have some bizarre attraction to

companies and people like Sion.

Nothing you can say, do or show them will override that wiring in their brain.

This thread is shaping up to be the largest on the net for RR just like the old DR thread was.

Were more passionate here than even on the developers own forums

That's because most of us here are actual fans of OFP.

Wow, just saw the Q&A posted by Helios...

So, they're keeping all the bad and even taking away some of the good. No more mission editor? :eek:

It's OFPINO, guys. Operation Flashpoint In Name Only.

Yeah they strip and limit everything what made the original one so great.

regards

Let their own forums speak to CM after this Q&A session: "With such a fundemental, radical and complete overhall of the entire game, why keep the name? why not start a new franchise that has no expectations? Big mistake on your part I think. you should have dropped Flashpoint (and all the associated expectations) when you decided to cut everything that makes a game Flashpoint. While I dont think anything inherantly lies within a games name, 90% of the rest of the communities do."

They'd probably have been better sticking to the policy of 'lies and deception until a week before release.'

All that's left is to find out that Quazzal are going to be running (what there is left of) multiplayer again.

A highly plausible theory from VengefulSpirit: "i assume this is your Last OFP game therefore i assume you want to so bad squeez all the money you can before you drop this franchise, very well done, you guys are good at that, marketing only."

Edited by Richey79

simply epic lulz

wheres Ben_S now telling us how astounding the new, award winning ego2.0 engine is with all its mega features that code(not so)masters cant be bothered to take advantage of??

:D

Sry Ben couldn't resist.

ok what next? OFP:RR won't come to PC?

750pxlatyoup3.jpg

:D

Edited by 4 IN 1

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/operation-flashpoint-3/news/operation_flashpoint_3,46341,2316579.html

A quick free translation:

Operation Flashpoint 3 - Codemaster is working on the sequel of Dragon Rising

War goes on in Operation Flashpoint 3

British publisher CM is working on a new part of the military simulation Operation Flashpoint. The game, which still doesn't have an official name, is the third part of the series.

Codemaster's chief Jamie MacDonald confirmed that OFP3 is being produced in the british studio Guildford. The antecessor Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising, which was released in October 2009, also was produced here.

McDonald did not give further details, only that a completely new version of the Ego engine will be used. The graphic engine, programmed by Codemasters itself, is in constant developement.

funny-kid-tells-joke-to-dog.jpg

Umm I tried Dragon Rising and it was great to me actually but realism prompted me to get ArmA 2 and now OA too.

How immature you all look, I was simply trying to state that its a shame that he's not making mods for ARMA2 seen as he's obviously good at it.

Templar hasn't been here on this forum in like 6 months, yet you still feel the need to bash him and bring up something that must have happened like a year ago now.

If you think he's a "CM" poster child, just read the posts he makes in the Red River forum, hardly posts of a "marketing alias"...... laughable

I'm glad he doesn't waste his time here anymore....

It's strange how you speak so highly of this Templar, share the same city as this Templar, use the same ISP as this Templar, if I were a suspicious man I'd think there was something in that.....oh wait I am a suspicious man FPDR

It's pretty bad when you try to hide your own identity, and then boast about your own work...

ok what next? OFP:RR won't come to PC?

I wouldn't wonder if that happens.

regards

He just created this thread: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/424432-information-i-expect-see.html

I cannot see Red River achieving even a quarter of the things he mentions. If a game were to achieve all of those, it'd probably be the best shooter on the market...

... Too bad Arma 2 already has most of those features. :cool:

High resolution PC textures

Check, Arma 2 has those. Most PC games should...

Detailed configuration on PC (all graphical settings changable)

Check.

No Console restrictions needlessly placed on PC version

Check.

Floating Aim-Point Option

Check.

non-trackIR freelook (soldier+vehicle)

Check.

Ability to play at the engines maximum realism level (like Hardcore Ultimate AI)

Check. Becomes even more ruthless if you use AI mods.

Very Low LOD models on all objects should be at least as detailed (model and texture) as LOD1 models/textures in Dragon Rising

Check, and even surpasses, which says a lot about DR's if you actually look at Arma 2's, lol.

Full first person body that interacts with the environment (moves large weapons around walls etc)

Check.

Realistic reactions to weapons, including falling over, blown off your feet etc

Partial. The dismemberment isn't there, but you still feel the effects.

Visible simulated bleeding

Check by default, but it only has a threat of death if you're using the First Aid Modules, or mods.

Full facial animation

Check.

An impressive array of weapons, and weapon modifications. each weapon should have the SAME modification ability. I can tape a torch to ANYTHING.

Partial. Has the impressive array of weapons part, and has multiple different ones with different configurations of the same weapon, but you yourself can't physically customize them ingame.

A 3D world that is extremely detailed, and extremely varied. Every inch cleverly designed to promote the best aspects of the game.

Check.

Persistent Damage on everything. if our hummer gets shot in the window, that damage is there for good. If a building is destroyed, it stays destroyed

Check.

At least double the number of damage levels on every static

Check.

Dynamic Campaign with non-static objectives

Check.

FTE's with randomized gameplay

Check.

Extremely Stable COOP over long distances

Partial. Depends on the size of the coop. 2 players, then yes. 50 players, it starts to lose it's grasp.

A Guarantee of post purchase support + DLC

Check.

Arma 2 scored at least 16 out of 19, but not a single one was a no, so you could say it has all of those features, but some not to such a "perfect" extent.

So essentially he wants Arma 2, but he doesn't want Arma 2. FPDR

Edited by Zipper5
Improved thanks to MadDogX.

Hands up to him really he stuck with a dog of a game actually made it playable to a certain exent and I must admit even kept it on my HD a good 3 months longer than it should have.

That being said he's a big fish in a small pond over there, probably loves the attention etc etc.

No idea what CM were telling him under NDA but when RR was first announced he was all excited etc, now it seems hes out the loop? I've no idea it's just one big mess to be honest.

It's strange how you speak so highly of this Templar, share the same city as this Templar, use the same ISP as this Templar, if I were a suspicious man I'd think there was something in that.....oh wait I am a suspicious man FPDR

I totally effing called it. ;)

As for the list, I'll just put this out there and say: 90% not gonna happen.

And I interpret the "double number of damage levels on statics" to mean destruction effects on buildings. So I guess you can Check that for Arma2 aswell. :D

Hands up to him really he stuck with a dog of a game actually made it playable to a certain exent and I must admit even kept it on my HD a good 3 months longer than it should have.

Yeah he done a fantastic job despite the developers best efforts to impede his progress. Codemasters should have fired that Sion Lenton fool and replaced him with Templar.

No idea what CM were telling him under NDA but when RR was first announced he was all excited etc, now it seems hes out the loop? I've no idea it's just one big mess to be honest.

Seems Templar is flabbergasted by the latest news about no mission editor, he was recently talking it up big over at the Codies forums about how great Red River was going to be but now his little world has come crashing down on him. Big reality check.

Hopefully he will soon come to his senses and puts his talent to good use over here by creating some AI mods for ArmA.

Hopefully he will soon come to his senses and puts his talent to good use over here by creating some AI mods for ArmA.
LOL, like RR not having an editor will move me to ARMA

I don't see that happening any time soon. ;)

Despite Arma 2 seeming to be exactly what he wants in a game...