Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I'd be interested to hear about what extra AI features Templar was able to implement. If DR with hacks has some better AI features than Arma 2, it would be good to know about.

from this post :

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/422318-hype-ok-6.html#post6379594

Features :

Detection System

New advanced detection system built on-top of the original system in-game. This new system handles grass, bushes, sound and light.

Visibility System

Combined with the detection system is a player camouflage mechanic when calculates the chances an enemy will see the player through foliage

New Damage System

completely reconfigured damage system allows for much more realistic damage, from flesh wounds, light bleeding, incapacitating flesh wounds to mortal wounds that no medic can heal.

Reconfigured Dispersion System

The dispersion system, which gave the effect of a shield in Dragon Rising has been completely reconfigured to allow for more varied wounds, and no blocked bullets.

Adjusted Weapons

All weapons have been adjusted to better represent there real-world counterparts

"Unpredictable" Prop System

1 of 3 Airfield-Wide prop sets is completed and used in this BETA, this single set can give over 400 variations to the airfield's layout, meaning you can be sure that cover that was there last time, is actually going to be there again

Do-It-Your-Way play mechanic

although you are given specific objectives, what you do is up to you, the mission will not end until you return to the submarine

AI "Life" System

heavily enhanced AI giving each unit over 10 new inputs when deciding on an action, as well as acting in an organized and realistic fashion.

Civilians

Using one of the 6 available unit models and the Neutral army, Civilians will be found working at the airport, although Civilians do not carry weapons, they do have eyes and ears, and can alert the guards to your appearance

He said the sole attempt of that mission was to attempt to fix as much of the problems in DR as possible. I completely suck at that mission, I cannot finish a single primary objective.

Someone asked which game I like more, ARMA2 definitely (will be getting OA). I do like Dragon Rising for its more insta-play missions, but i love flying around in helicopters and airplanes and that's just not an option in DR.

------

Looks like I wont be buying Red River, sounds like COD now

Edited by jarrodb

Thats all i need to say. FPDR

And hey all. :D

Gah that face fits on EVERYTHING, now I want to make a custom face of it just for silly.

Even if Templar game up with a way for DR to give blowjobs I would not install it back..

It's nothing more than purely the fact that in my opinnion the game is not good at all.

Well, there's three good things in the game: AI clearing houses, the "Fire at my lead" thingy and the way you can peer behind cover in sights view. The rest sucks.

I fail to see the "Operation Flashpoint" part of "Operation Flashpoint: Red River". :confused:

I fail to see the "Operation Flashpoint" part of "Operation Flashpoint: Red River". :confused:

I think it's the "marketing ploy" part :(

I found this thread: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/424378-community-questions-answered.html#post6414166

here are some answers to community questions, it seems that RR will not contain a mission editor. Nice...

I forgot... FPDR

Prepare your umbrellas... shitstorm coming in...

From what I gather, there wont be 'island' map just a square map, with mission thrown in there. Another mission, there will be another map... let's call it 'level' shall we? I dont know how good is EGO, but if they do this 'level' right, it could be like dungeons in Elder scrolls or even half-life2...

All in all, DR/RR is no OFP

No mission editor? Hell, I would be unemployed in the menstruation game. What the heck should I do then? :confused: To compare this, I've spent a few thousand hours more in the OFP/ArmA/ArmA II/OA mission editor than I actually played missions.

No mission editor? Hell, I would be unemployed in the menstruation game. What the heck should I do then? :confused: To compare this, I've spent a few thousand hours more in the OFP/ArmA/ArmA II/OA mission editor than I actually played missions.

Me too. The missing editor is just the icing on the cake. PC version of DR had at least the editor. WTF.:confused:

kind regards

For awhile I was going to quietly leave the flaming discussion and put this behind but seriously, their not even going to TRY to support the community any better? I rather feel sorry for them, not going to rub it in their faces though, CM's done that will enough..oh well...the truth will win out.

Edited by NodUnit

So Lenton has now finally prison raped OFP all the way.

Nice..

FPDR

That link a few posts back to the CM forums. Surely thats a mock up? Some loyal BIS fan ahs made a copy of one page of the CM community site and made bad stuff up about RR? No mission editor? Tether for Co-Op play? No SDK, with the lame excuse its "tied in the pipline" (read stuck up thier arse), and would be too much too ship on a disc, (do SDK's ever come on discs)? "Hardcore mode was well received in Dragon Rising"? No free roam? Do players who enjoy games like BF2 & MW2 ever hit a glass ceiling? "...removing the barriers to entry that exsisted in DR"? Whatthefookisheon???

All in all, I think that post was good piece of satire lampooning CM and cleverly playing on our, here a BIF, expectations of RR. Well done.

What do you mean it's a genuine post? Fack arf!

EDIT: almost forgot. OFDR OPDR OFPDR FPDR

Edited by Bascule42
I can't belive it's not butter.

(do SDK's ever come on discs)?

Crysis' Sandbox2 editor came on the disc with the .exe packed away in a folder and if you will count it Operation Flashpoint Elite's editor came on disc as well. (for last years console no less)

Edited by NodUnit

So if it stinks the first time you do it, the correct thing to do is to double down on your mistakes?!? This is the equivalent of a 5-hour epic movie about Jar Jar Binks.

So Lenton has now finally prison raped OFP all the way.

In the words of one sage: "He's gonna f**k you til you love him."

Edited by Sertorius21

I like this one character over there (you should be able to tell who by looking at their forums, but I won't name names ;)). I kinda relate him to yee ol' Comical Ali. He sees clearly with his own eyes that everything's going down the shitter, but he keeps telling people that, and I quote,

RR will be a ton better than DR in so many ways already. Let's stay positive people....There's still many other great tidbits of info CM has not released yet.....
CM is focusing on fixing all the things that went bad with DR, without doing that then you can't have certain major features to work with in RR....

He seems to be 100% sure about a lot that CM has never once announced or hinted to in regards to RR for a guy who isn't a CM employee... :rolleyes:

I like this one character over there (you should be able to tell who by looking at their forums, but I won't name names ;)). I kinda relate him to yee ol' Comical Ali. He sees clearly with his own eyes that everything's going down the shitter, but he keeps telling people that, and I quote,

He seems to be 100% sure about a lot that CM has never once announced or hinted to in regards to RR for a guy who isn't a CM employee... :rolleyes:

He's just very optimistic, I feel for the guy, clinging to something such as that, even as he defends it he probably already knows what will come.

Meh, I don't really feel for people who show indifference to CM's terrible business and ethics, and on top of that encourage people to give them more money.

Hmm..well when you look at it that way I can't argue, still one hell of a drop in store for him, that is if he learns and doesn't cling even more.

I don't know a friggin thing about computers to be honest, but I'll tell you what I do know -

I know for sure that if the devs manage to impliment a mission editor, leaning, and realistic sniping mechanics in Red River then every single member of the massive Arma community would purchase a copy.

They would never admit it, but they simply wouldn't be able to resist!

Yup...

Edited by CW001