Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Oh cmon Codemasters, just do the decent thing already and drop the 'Operation Flashpoint' from the name. If CM were genuinely trying to recreate OFP, then fair enough, but they're actually going backwards. You can't release a completely different game, with significantly less functionality, and pretend it's part of the same franchise.

Ughhh....

Lawl.

Just found this and thought it was worthy of posting. This is an actual post on the Red River forums.

I think he was using a tinge of sarcasm.

Edited by NodUnit

Oh cmon Codemasters, just do the decent thing already and drop the 'Operation Flashpoint' from the name. If CM were genuinely trying to recreate OFP, then fair enough, but they're actually going backwards. You can't release a completely different game, with significantly less functionality, and pretend it's part of the same franchise.

Ughhh....

They can, they have, they aren't by any means the first people to have done so and they won't be the last either.

Edited by Baff1

Yep every one of the missing features the community wants is a "NO"

Conmasters have shit piss poor excuses as to why they left so and so out, just another reason they fail.

We cant implement lean because it might screw up with the overall flow of the game, heheharhar- sion lenton lead Conmaster

Petty

someone contact me when theres another failure or missing feature I would estimate this should happen once every week until the game is released.

They can't add destructable trees due to the fact it would be too much data to handle, for their state-of-the art brand-spanking-new Ego2.0 Game Engine.

Yeah right.

I think we can all agree that probably the main reason CM's OFP games will continue to suck at being an OFP game is because of CM's "award-winning" EGO engine. It sucks for anything other than a racing game, and they're trying to do the polar opposite of that with it.

In the words of the oh-so-wise Master Yoda: That is why you fail.

Umm no, its their excuse they're using. Their EGO engine is more than capable of it, its the dev team not spending enough time/resources to make it work.

i.e. Not bothering.

i.e. Not bothering.

More likely, the suits told them "no".

Umm no... .

Why would an engine designed for driving games need to be able to handle more than 12 entities? Even if they modify a version to suit the band-wagon-jumping corridor shooter Bodycount, it's only really going to need 40 entities.

Are the team working on the Operation Failpoo series so talented they can simply side-step the short-comings of this engine? I think it's about as likely as the possibility of them being able to side-step the laws of physics.

Lenton could probably talk a good game on that possibility though.

Umm no, its their excuse they're using. Their EGO engine is more than capable of it, its the dev team not spending enough time/resources to make it work.

i.e. Not bothering.

How would you know what is EGO engine capable of?

By looking at previous games?(DR and some dirt games?) By looking at the upcoming F1 smth smth game? (actually the only one using the new version of the engine).

There is no tech demo, nor features or anything alike..

If you are so well informed about this engine, answer the following:

1. what is the amount of individual characters (AI or not) this supports - limited of course by the consoles processing power.

2. does it support full body simulation? As opposed to DR (and a lot of other games) floating gun approach??

3. does it supports render to texture? Texture in texture?

EDIT:

While waiting for a render to finish, i had a brief look over CM forums: what a bunch of freaking retards and kids there.

Some asking to get the m16a4 gun changed for USMC since it is not used anymore, some others asking for FAMAS or XM8 instead, or some russian bull-pup weapon..

Some still petting Sions turds, and loving the 4 man coop.

Helios still banning ppl for saying NICE..., and talking bull just for the sake of posting around..

All in all it feels like kindergarten, from top to bottom...I actually don't want to remember by account pass there since i'll probably start throwing dirt at the console kids, and that will occupy too much time.

After reading such a forum, you start to appreciate some of the discussion on BIF some more...

Edited by PuFu

Helios still banning ppl for saying NICE...

LMAO...that's made my day that one.

Yeah, I saw people requesting the XM8. Granted Arma 2 has it, but that's because BIS made the model before the project was canceled. Why let a good model go to waste? These guys must play far too much BC2...

Helios still banning ppl for saying NICE...
That's retarded. So people are mocking Sion, he brought it on himself. Banning people like that isn't going to win them any fans.

That's retarded. So people are mocking Sion, he brought it on himself. Banning people like that isn't going to win them any fans.

Fans? LOL i think your under the false assumption CM wants fans.... its wallets they want.

wallet? I have aplenty... leather ones, cheap nylon with velcro ones, pvc ones... dont have any cash though... :D

wallet? I have aplenty... leather ones, cheap nylon with velcro ones, pvc ones... dont have any cash though... :D

Sell them ;)

I don't even have wallets, let alone money. :butbut:

:(

After reading such a forum, you start to appreciate some of the discussion on BIF some more...

hmmm ahhh no

same level of inmaturity over here.

what kind of actual discussion do we have here besides I WANT THIS I WANT THAT

COOL MOD

god damn BIS your game runs like shit (comments)

anyone?

but wait it doesnt matter because this is the internet! :yay:

this whole thread is Dragon Rising has been released 2.0

a whole bunch of flamebaiting.

fun times but I dont think that maturity comment of yours is real accurate know what i mean?

That's true..to say we are more mature might mean we think too highly of ourselves but hey, we all have an immature side or a breaking point before 'immaturity' shows itself. But I wouldn't associate excitement with immaturity...

Edited by NodUnit

this whole thread is Dragon Rising has been released 2.0

fun times but I dont think that maturity comment of yours is real accurate know what i mean?

DR released 2.0? :yay:

Yes but the thing is about our immaturity, it's more intelligent & mature than thiers. Besides they started it!

templar posted this in the RR forums. How many of you want to bet that when RR comes out, its crappier than this guys stuff?

It makes me cry to think about what templar could have done for ARMA2

Meh, he found Arma 2 too hard, and didn't like it when the community chuckled when he couldn't do the most basic of command tasks. Plus, given how he currently acts, and how big of a poster boy he's become for CM to fool others into buying another one of their games, I don't think we lost much. ;)

templar posted this in the RR forums. How many of you want to bet that when RR comes out, its crappier than this guys stuff?

It makes me cry to think about what templar could have done for ARMA2

well it wont ever come to fruition because this so called "mature" :rolleyes: community flamebaited him off, Ive spoken with the guy very nice.

Meh, he found Arma 2 too hard, and didn't like it when the community chuckled when he couldn't do the most basic of command tasks.

^^ This. And then he posts stuff like:

I own and have played to death :

Operation Flashpoint : Cold War Crysis

ArmA : Armed Assault

this aint my first rodeo people

And the last morsel of credibility dies... :rolleyes:

Well, the last thing I remember is he got angry when someone from our community told him something like "The Island War mission you're so proud of and praised for is nothing special, an average ArmA mission designer could do a mission like that within hours." So he dared the entire community to make a mission like his for ArmA2 in less then 24 hours and was kind of heartbroken when someone (SniperWolf) presented his mission in less than half an hour? :)

Edited by Myshaak
edited some facts