Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Jesus. Sion, do you actually read your own forum?

Nope, Kim Ill Sion is almighty and is always right, he doesn't need to listen to the crowd or read his own pravda.:lecture:

A single shot AK with a sniper thingy glued on top. Hmmm... I'm intrigued.

Man imagine this epic scene: A bunch of Humvee's, Abrams, Strikers and Seahawks flying through the desert to intercepts some enemy convoy. Include some realistic smoke/dust, and sunlight reflecting off the desert sand and you got the best game ever made.

Humvees/Abrams/Strykers can fly now? Man, ArmA's realism must suck if they've forgotten to include that feature. :rolleyes:

Humvees/Abrams/Strykers can fly now?

DR's rocks and physics made it possible ;)

Yeah, At least sion confirmes you get stoppable animations (like some familiar games, COD, BF)

DR's rocks and physics made it possible ;)

Technicly we can do that too. although it's strange in their case considering the engine is used for vehicle physics...uh

Oh and just because he 'confirms' doesn't necessarily mean it will be there, don't hold you breath it's far too early in development, might as well keep expectations low so when it's released you aren't as dissapointed should anything be removed during.

Edited by NodUnit

again i just dont see why people cant hold their opinions until they at least see something of the new game. Fine keep your expectations low, but at least give it a chance before making your minds up, which seems to be the case already

I'm giving it a chance but keeping my expectations low, I do that for every game even BIS

High expectations=surefire dissapointment, in the end we all want a BUNCH of things and if one of those is missed it becomes a great dissapointment, in the end it's better to assume the game will be 'meh' and let it surprise you.

Edited by NodUnit

again i just dont see why people cant hold their opinions until they at least see something of the new game. Fine keep your expectations low, but at least give it a chance before making your minds up, which seems to be the case already

Obviously because talking about stuff is fun. We come here to see new news and to talk about it.

There is a lot to talk about because there is a lot of parallels between the games. Target renders, reduced scope, etc etc. It's fertile ground for discussion.

If people want to speculate based on the available information that's up to them, why is that such a problem? Ironically if more people had of listened to the sceptics from the first game there would have been less disappointment at release.

Also expectations are nothing about 'high' or 'low', for the first game there were expectations that they would create a game deserving of the Operation Flashpoint title, for the second the expectation is that they'll listen to some of the major criticisms of the first.

Yeah, I am gonna get bashed, but I am going to give Red River a chance, I am going to give Sion another chance, im going to give the dev team another chance.

They've set a goal, that is reachable by them, they've got a good engine, and they have 2 forums (BIS and CM) in which would give them enough ideas and "what went wrong"'s for DR.

They obviously, might f*ck it up, then again, they might do very well and make a game that goes above BF2:PR (what the last game failed to reach) but still not reaching A2....

Though, its far to early to speculate anything without gameplay footage or demo or anything. Just sion talking, and I do not trust anything that comes out sions mouth when he has a camera infront of him.

Yeah, I am gonna get bashed, but I am going to give Red River a chance, I am going to give Sion another chance, im going to give the dev team another chance.

not bash, we will only feel sory for your naive belief

people like you are best for marketing liars, you are ideal consumer :)

dont be naive if you respect your own work and money you earn and spend

better buy another copy of Arma to support BIS

not bash, we will only feel sory for your naive belief

people like you are best for marketing liars, you are ideal consumer :)

dont be naive if you respect your own work and money you earn and spend

better buy another copy of Arma to support BIS

Haha, I don't need 2 Arma's, when my PC can barley run 1 :D

Rememeber, I never said I was gonna BUY the game, stay with it, watch it, see what happens, play the demo, then if its half-decent I will wait till its on sale somewhere, then buy it as cheap as i can get it.

I still want Operation Arrowhead though :bounce3:

Actually, if they really focus on making a less open, more streamlined shooter and make sure to improve on the shortcomings of DR (midget soldier viewpoint for example), the result may not be half bad. I could go for a slower paced and more realistic alternative to COD.

Not that I'm going to make the same mistake again by buying it on release, but otherwise I see no reason not to give it a chance.

Edited by MadDogX

[...]

Just sion talking, and I do not trust anything that comes out sions mouth when he has a camera infront of him.

You lad need to make up your mind...

I also feel you are being a hypocrite since you don't dare to post anything like this on CM forums while you are petting their turd, instead, you come here throwing shit back into sion, CM etc once and a while

Edited by PuFu

Talk about digression.

No lean

No civies

No rain or any cool weather effects

No PVP

only 4 fucking players in Coop mode

No replay value

Its looking to be a bright future Indeed for Red River. FPDR

Also heres a tech Demo for Ego Engine 2.0

I notice in that youtube xbox mag vid Lenton mention "4 players in a fire team and 4 fire-teams in a squad" = 16 players ... so is he wording it with a mystical slant to make people unquestioning think its 16 and its actually 4 slots and the rest AI?

I remember back when Ghost Recon 2 was announced, dropped and then GRAW was on the way, the amount of complaints about non COOP support and completely PvP based with COOP being shoved to the sidelines, because ... it went down to 4 slots.

Now we have this game coming which is marketed purely as COOP focused and has no more slots than the scaled back ones years back ... how in the hell is that progress and supporting COOP? Im right in thinking on PC release its at least 8-16, I mean how could be it BE anything less?

Edited by mrcash2009

You lad need to make up your mind...

I also feel you are being a hypocrite since you don't dear to post anything like this on CM forums while you are petting their turd, instead, you come here throwing shit back into sion, CM etc once and a while

I said I will give him another chance but I do not trust what comes out of his mouth, They're not contradicting each other. I don't understand what your talking about there?

As for being a hypocrite, You need to be careful what you post on CM forums to avoid getting a ban, I do openly state that many of their reasons for X and Y is total BS, and you can do it in Z way. I openly state I do not trust 100% what Sion says.

But I do also belive they have a small, yet its still there, chance of actually making a good/decent game.

I hope you are not going to give it a chance by paying for it. At least not until after a month or so of judging it from forum posts and user reviews <.<

Hahaha, I meant playing the free demo when it comes out... if it comes out.

The problem is that many nerds out there love cheap and crappy.

70%+ of all gamers percept McDonalds/KentuckySchreitFicken/BurgerKing - food as very good.

Go and try to feed them with fresh salad, Carpaccio, just water instead of Coke, high quality beef instead of the scrambled shit on the burgers...they will spit it out and return to junk food. They want to get their stomach/brain full, no matter with what they fill it.

Same with games, they will NEVER understand the value of such a title like OFP1/ArmA2. We can just stand by and shake our heads when they are exited about OFP2 :D

Oh, btw, I also go from time to time and eat junk food - just to tune my zero line.

Not sure what your post has to do with mine... all I was saying was that if you don't apply to high standards (i.e. disregard the name) and just expect the game to be a semi-realistic shooter, it might not be too bad.

Your junk food allegory is all well and good, but I don't see the relevance.

Lawl.

RR will make you feel like a real soldier, not being able to have access to certain vehicles(Heli's in particular)....

Just found this and thought it was worthy of posting. This is an actual post on the Red River forums.

Edited by Zipper5

Sounds a lot like the "there are no civilians (or animals) because they were all evacuated" kind of logic to me. :D

But I guess peeps will always find a way to justify things.

Sounds a lot like the "there are no civilians (or animals) because they were all evacuated" kind of logic to me. :D

But I guess peeps will always find a way to justify things.

Like the Philippine police force?:D

lol,

"we're going to war"

"Evacuate all the sheep first major!"

That kinda logic :D

Im probably going to be stupid, and buy it, instead of just playing free demos. They might churn out something half decent, well I at least hope these battles against the larger, more organized PLA are like DR, but bigger, and more tactical. I don't want to be in CoD like scenarios the whole campaign against people that can't shoot properly. lol

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 PM ----------

Oh, this is the realism.

Each solder will carry a M4A1 and his main weapon.

Imagine carrying M4A1, SAW and all that kit ontop of it...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/6353215-post61.html

At least he says you can choose a differnet weapon. :)