Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

And yet, if there was a mod out that removed/simplified normal/specular maps from ground textures and some other things, and it gave better perormance

would you use it?

That depend on what in exchange, pure FPS increase is not my cup of tea, would love to exchange those eye candy for non-micro shuttering gameplay(and on my machine I only get very little TBH), even more so if exchange for increase object draw distance

P.S. back in the days when CWC first came out my performance is worse then when ARMA first came out, so I just have notthing to complain about

Edited by 4 IN 1

[...]P.S. back in the days when CWC first came out my performance is worse then when ARMA first came out, so I just have notthing to complain about

OFP:CWC was running quite well on my TNT2 back in the days, but ArmA1 just gave me 12-13 FPS in the beginning because of that nasty copy-protection issue in 2006...so...ummm....no ;)

Yesterday I was playing some good old Battlefield-style maps in OFP:CWC/R and DVD's BWCTI and there is definitely a difference in handling your soldier. OFP:CWC/R feels more responsive than Arma2 does. Don't get me wrong, Arma2 is "nice" for coops and immersion, but when it comes to PVP, OFP:CWC/R beats Arma2 easily although there is no reloading when running and your movement is quite limited in comparison to Arma2.

However.... ^^

If OFP was so much better, they would still be printing it. Feel free to kill me, but I think theres a bit of nostalgia in the mix :p

Anyway, about CM:

"Imitation Is The Best Form Of Flattery"
Edited by sparks50

Yeah, I think that line just sums it all up.

CM Tried and Failed to reach the standard of BIS. Nevermind, theres always next year. :rolleyes:

So Pretty much Red Rivver is going to be just like Dragon Rising, except with fewer features this time?

Talk about digression.

No lean

No civies

No rain or any cool weather effects

No PVP

only 4 fucking players in Coop mode

No replay value

Its looking to be a bright future Indeed for Red River. FPDR

Also heres a tech Demo for Ego Engine 2.0

http://www.xfire.com/video/333c9f/ MOAR EN

TITIES

If OFP was so much better, they would still be printing it. Feel free to kill me, but I think theres a bit of nostalgia in the mix :p

Anyway, about CM:

Nostalgia... partially true of course. Whereas no one said it was/is so much better. In a specific area it is, in others it is not. Go and try AAS on Arma2 then hop into OFP and play a BF-style map in multiplayer. If you are not at least feeling the difference then you might be dead already ;)

However, the argument "they would still be printing it", is a little bit odd for my liking. No one ever will sell you the same assets and features for ten years without enhancing it here and there (a little). The enhancements in a specific area of the Flashpoint successors was critized. Not more - not less.

However, all that was said is not meant to support Codermasters' Flashpoint and their 'enhancements' - if there is any.

Anyway, about CM:

it is best :]

simply it needs renovation, therefore CWR

if OFP was released once again, with quality of Armas

i would buy it twice :P

why ?

Cold War

Kain (Kolguyev), Abel (Malden), Eden (Everon), Nogova

thats why :)

Will have CWR2.

It will be as close as it can be.

Edited by Von_Paulus

BI will have to improve voice acting and scripts a lot before they make a CWC2.

The campaigns after CWC and resistance all lacked the storytelling qualities of the former.

For a tactical coop though, you'll be crazy to choose OFP over A2/OA.

Cold War Rearmed 2, is what he said. A modification bringing the content of Operation Flashpoint: Elite to Arma 2.

Elite, not OFP1

i would love to see orginal OFP with all locations

i know about CWR , my models are there, but i would even pay for it cause i love those islands madly :D

but BIS would do it again better than modders (mostly because of number of graphicians, mod is always limited by free time of addonmakers)

developer made crushing down houses, we probably are too weak to make Arma2 buildings destruction as modders

or continuation of Cold War scenario :)

or cold-war island etc.

without fictional countries armies

nevermind

CM will made another limited DR because instead of fixing bugs, they remove features, repack it and sell it to naive people who will give their money and supply them to pay to propaganda to wash brains about awesomeness in different websites, which not know who made OFP and what was OFP

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually agree with vilas (boy that's a disturbing thought).

A remake of OFP would probably be a great project for BIS to do. Why? It gives BIS the oppertunity to really polish the game. In the more recent titles, as BIS adds more and more features, many of them really feel rushed and not very well polished. I think that doing a remake of OFP would allow them to focus less on new features, focus on polishing those that are already in, and not have to worry so much about coming up with new ideas. CWR can only do so much being a community project, and IMO, people would buy a very well polished remake of OFP using current RV technology.

Unfortunately unless CM releases their greedy grip on the OFP copyright, all we can do is hope BIS finds that winning OFP formula once again.

I would be happy with CWC with better physics and graphics. And perhaps a small touch of destruction that didn't look like someone crushing paper. I loved flying a frogfoot into a building just to laugh at the poorly done destruction.

But back then, it was very good to have in a game. :D

I'd be fine if OFP was simply brought up to the technological level of Elite.

I don't think a remake could ever officially happen, though, because of the issues over trademarks with Conmasters. That's why CWR exists.

I'd be fine if OFP was simply brought up to the technological level of Elite.

I don't think a remake could ever officially happen, though, because of the issues over trademarks with Conmasters. That's why CWR exists.

Exactly.

I know, vilas, your addons are there in CWR2.

I've high hopes, that will be better than CWR.

Imho only fans will buy a remake of good old OFP.

All other people might say something like "Ah well another uninspired copy of an old revamped game with better eyecandies and accessibility. Bored and unmotivated developers combined with greedy publishers..."

Would be interesting to know the amount of sold copies of OFP:CWC/R per month today. Amazon.de is currently listing it as 38th in their shooter section. That's quite ok for such a niche game that is that old. Anyhow, I second you as sad as it is: Only fans would buy it (instantly). Even lots of today's shooters are looking like peasants while OFP is still king. Bad thing that most consumers are so focused on graphics and fancy physics only nowadays.

For me OFP as a name is gone since it is unlikely that even with another debacle Codies will ever give the name back to those who defined that name as the unbeaten king of tactical shooters (now called MilSims to state the difference) with their code.

If I would be offered the chance to visit an alternative reality in which both are still working together, I would risk getting folded by space and time just to see if it really ended up in Battlefield-ModernWare-Medal-of-Honor-Flashpoint-2. ;)

Edited by Hoot

There was sort of a slight marmite response from it, vocal minority I think.

Jesus. Sion, do you actually read your own forum?

Well, I know you read this one from your Twitter account, so let me help you do your job:

1. http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/423343-final-thoughts-analysis-what-info-has-been-given.html
  2. http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/423704-aim-right-fanbase-audience.html
  3. http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/423631-if-bodycount-has-lean-why-not-rr.html

That's the three most active ones on the subject. Enjoy. I can't even sit through the rest of it after that opening statement...

Shame, you missed a great quote about how insurgents will be less equipped..for example.

Snipers will have a sniper thingy glued to their rifle..Nice.

Those topics make some excellent points, it would be a true shame for them to be overlooked, I especially liked the heartbreak of war and why they shouldn't try to market to the COD audience.

Edited by NodUnit

That Sion chappy ought to get a gold medal for the bullshit Olympics events he partakes in.

Snipers will have a sniper thingy glued to their rifle..Nice.

Just like his front-mounted handle on his M4. :rolleyes: