Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Pulverizer do you know that game mags arent that independent? Do you know that mags do make profit with advertisements?

Its always better to take preview/articles and reviews with a pinch of salt.

OH SO THAT IS WHY YOU HATE AND RAGE SO MUCH IN THIS THREAD? haha yeah I see what's your problem with BIS... too difficult games? No need to bash their games only if you can't play them or haven't got powerful enough PC other than your laptop. :D

You're also an idiot for buying that game TWICE when I just pirated it and played it in the internet along with DLCs... LOL!

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

Pulverizer wote:

CM doesn't even try to deliver "games in the same category as OFP, ArmA & ArmA2" but a more "mainstream" or "marketable" "experience". I called it on DR and for RR they're doing good job calling it themselves.

:)

The quick radial commands blocking movement is not so bad after you have the commands in muscle memory.

Actually this is one of my few nags I feel is worthy of complaint.

It wouldn't be an issue for me if I hadn't stopped to wonder exactly how much testing it would have required to notice this issue and exactly how much programmer effort it would require to solve it.

To assign the shift keys a hold down function instead of a toggle, or to map the circular menu to the mouse and not the keys....or both.

How long does it take to map a good set of interface keys when I install a flight sim for the very first time?

That's how long it would have taken them too.

It's one of the improvements I hope they will have made for the sequel. I'm not feeling too optimistic about that occouring of course... but you never know your luck.

Edited by Baff1

And the Morris Marina is a car that can take you from point A to point B, and that its the most popular cars in Britain throughout its production life,does it means that its a good car?

the Morris Marina is a car that can take you from point A to point B,

I don't think getting from A to B on the back of an AA truck really counts old son.

Still go the photo of mine being winched onto the back of the scrap lorry.

I don't think getting from A to B on the back of an AA truck really counts old son.

Still go the photo of mine being winched onto the back of the scrap lorry.

There you go, same thing going on with FPDR, you acturally have to hire the AA Truck for CM(*cough*Templer*cough*) to "drive"(fix) the game, and even after that its still a fraud.

And just like James May said:

You only need one...as a warning from history.

P.S. In fact, I have forgot to add "when working" after "take you from point A to point B"

Edited by 4 IN 1

Pissin myself laughing at the last few pages here...You have to give the DR lads credit for the teeth grinding determinism that they're hanging in there with and :627:ing for DR. Even Forest Green Rovers Football Club have fans after all. Of course some of it's a bit o' the ole flame bait, but it's no surprise on a military games forums that folks are up a bit of a verbal scrap.

Pissin myself laughing at the last few pages here...You have to give the DR lads credit for the teeth grinding determinism that they're hanging in there with and :627:ing for DR. Even Forest Green Rovers Football Club have fans after all. Of course some of it's a bit o' the ole flame bait, but it's no surprise on a military games forums that folks are up a bit of a verbal scrap.

Mind you, Morris Marina also have a owner's club;)

Most probably the biggest downfall in DR's whole episode was the fact CM never released mod-tools, to keep their precious engine untouched, comapnies need to trust their markete more, like BIS (who release the full works of their modding tools) They're probably the most important part of a games success, just look at ACE, none of that would have been possible without mod tools!

Most probably the biggest downfall in DR's whole episode was the fact CM never released mod-tools, to keep their precious engine untouched, comapnies need to trust their markete more, like BIS (who release the full works of their modding tools) They're probably the most important part of a games success, just look at ACE, none of that would have been possible without mod tools!

Dunno there Ben, I think the biggest downfall was the immensly high pedestal that CM put DR on by calling it Operation Flashpoint, and the "true successor to the original", or "As close to war as you want to get", and the fact it was a straight port of the console version with not even higher res textures for the PC, and calling it free-roam was a bit cheeky too, since you failed the mission if you left the mission area, 64 entity limit wouldn't have helped either, arcady style gameplay, half baked tactical elements, retarded AI, (R_E_T_A_R_D_E_D AI), poor driving model, terrible tank physics, awful 'copter controls & flight model. But yeah, your right, no mod tools wouldn't have helped none.

BTW, what you are talking about here, is known to the A2 community as the Secondary Ops Module - though road blocks would be cool. Plonk it down in the editor, sync it to your player unit, and play. :) Or use it in any other mission you might have made.

========================================

Mind you, Morris Marina also have a owner's club;)

Noooo...still?

Edited by Bascule42

§3) Discussions about copy protection or copying, backing-up, hacking, cracking or reverse engineering of any of BI's products or the products of any other developer will not be tolerated and such discussions will be deleted immediately. Any breach of this rule may result in the poster no longer having access to the forum.

To be honest, I found it pathetic that CM didn't even bother to make a pretence of using proper copy protection on DR.

This was pretty insulting to those who actually purchased it on PC. As though they didn't even want to spend the small amount on providing paying customers with the protection of a key for online multiplayer. Heck, really as though they were just admitting there wasn't any working multiplayer.

'We don't think the version of the product on this platform is worth anything, so we'll protect it accordingly.'

(Clearly this post is not of the opinion that Ubisoft therefore believe their games for the PC platform are priceless and that the customer deserves only the best protection from piracy)

Oh please. Exaggerating how good your video game is not a crime. Everyone does it, BIS included. The PR persons can't exactly go "oh it's a piece of shit really, buyer beware" and expect to keep their job, can they? Same goes for the execs etc... they have stockholders to answer to.

That's why there's these things called reviews. If you're too dumb to not take advantage of reviews and game demos you deserve to get ripped-off.

Exaggerating is different from flat-out lying. If you think that BIS have lied as much as Codemasters did with DR (and Red River so far... "90% loved the game") then you are simply dillusional, or deliberately trolling. No matter if everyone does it, it doesn't make it any less wrong. As I said, it symbolizes everything wrong with the games industry today.

The demo was released after the game was released, probably intentionally so that potential customers weren't scared off. Many obviously paid reviewers also highly praised the game, only a few slipped out saying it was as bad as it was. Those who trust the major reviewers are very naive.

Dunno there Ben, I think the biggest downfall was the immensly high pedestal that CM put DR on by calling it Operation Flashpoint, and the "true successor to the original", or "As close to war as you want to get", and the fact it was a straight port of the console version with not even higher res textures for the PC, and calling it free-roam was a bit cheeky too, since you failed the mission if you left the mission area, 64 entity limit wouldn't have helped either, arcady style gameplay, half baked tactical elements, retarded AI, (R_E_T_A_R_D_E_D AI), poor driving model, terrible tank physics, awful 'copter controls & flight model. But yeah, your right, no mod tools wouldn't have helped none.

Yea, all the of above could be fixed to some extent with mod tools, but selling it off as OFP and "the true successor" wasn't a good move either.

BTW, what you are talking about here, is known to the A2 community as the Secondary Ops Module - though road blocks would be cool. Plonk it down in the editor, sync it to your player unit, and play. Or use it in any other mission you might have made.

Just an idea, more advanced than the Secops module, but still keeping its style ( I do like the secops module :p )

Either way, They have got alot of things to pull off with RR to make 1/2 of their fanboys buy them, I do like playing DR, perhaps not as much as other games like A2, but its still alot better than other games out there. Anyway, too many things CM do wrong, too bad BIS&CM don't get together again, BIS devs using CM tools would just be one heck of a game :(

73 pages and going. This is something. I guess CM makes shitty war games. Is there anywhere OFP DR demo available for download?

Lolz its funny reading :D

Get it here, its got an editor worth checking out as well, not sure if it comes with demo

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/397037-18-11-pc-demo-now-available-download.html

Im curious, no ridicule of the editor?

BIS devs using CM tools would just be one heck of a game :(

FPDR

No, just...NO!

Lolz its funny reading :D

Get it here, its got an editor worth checking out as well, not sure if it comes with demo

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/397037-18-11-pc-demo-now-available-download.html

Im curious, no ridicule of the editor?

Editor is awesome and simple to use. 1 thing they did get right!

Oh please. Exaggerating how good your video game is not a crime. Everyone does it, BIS included. The PR persons can't exactly go "oh it's a piece of shit really, buyer beware" and expect to keep their job, can they? Same goes for the execs etc... they have stockholders to answer to.

That's why there's these things called reviews. If you're too dumb to not take advantage of reviews and game demos you deserve to get ripped-off.

exaggerations are easy to see through, flat out lies aren't.

creative assembly is one of the worst offenders, but cm is slowly catching up.

The only major gaming magazine in my country gave it 75 pts for consoles and 80 for PC, with a ton of criticism. The review brings up most of the faults, including a thorough, three paragraphs long verbal thrashing of the MP side.

But obviously one should be critical of the reviewers too, and not simply look at the final scores, but read what they're actually writing. You can usually tell if the reviewer is worth reading by taking a quick look at his past reviews.

FPDR

No, just...NO!

What? CM themselves may be pretty sh*te at making good games, but they have the right tools, and the money.

What? CM themselves may be pretty sh*te at making good games, but they have the right tools, and the money.

Unfortunately, CM have a board of directors that care very little about making games. I belive if BI did team up with CM, (/shudder), then the product would have been dumbed down to appeal to the lowest comman denominator, as is the case with a great many games today. CM are just another corporate entity pumping out generic garbage with a small quirk in an effort to pass it off as something new, something to set it aside. (To take example from other games) - Be it bullet cams, slow mo action, killing moves, an xp system, so called "rpg elements", "tactical" commands, "new" inventory systems or whatever else makes for a good selling point. I dare say an injection of cash could be good for BI, but at what cost? It's almost 10 years since CM aquired the Operation Flashpoint moniker as a Trade Mark for helping BI with financing thier initial project, and to help with marketing and distribution. And now we see how much it has cost BI. Operation Flashpoint is nothing more than a XFactor winner, a new disney movie, Big Brother contestant, a Jar Jar Binks, or a Britney Spears. Quite popular, but with no substance, nothing that will stand the test of time. That is the price BI paid for teaming with Codemasters.

A better deal for BI would be go to the crossroads and sell thier soul.

Codemasters already did.

Daaaamn... A few days ago I returned from a long vacation in the lands of trolls (Norway) and lands of Placebo (Sweden) and when I finally connect to the interwebz what do I see? Pure awesomeness! He's doin' it again! :eek:

- Left 4 Dead and Nintendo's approach to game design!

- "...just talking about trying to make the game more fun" !

- "We've made sure that earlier levels in the game look like earlier levels in the Call of Duties and Bad Companies..." !

- sticky aim, snap-to-aim, z-lock! :D

- 4 classes to pick from, wow!

- no PvP an a reason (lame excuse) why

- earn XP to upgrade your soldier!! :yay:

This is all just... wow! :rolleyes:

I have almost 20 GB of RAW pictures from holiday to process yet CM forced me to spend my time differently - I had to update my sig pic :)

@Myshaak

You have forgot the most important line: 90% of people loved OFP:DR

Oh and the new Offical smile

FPDR

:yay:

@Myshaak

You have forgot the most important line: 90% of people loved OFP:DR

Oh and the new Offical smile

:yay:

Yeah, that cracked me up! I wonder how they came up with that number...

And the official Picard smiley... ENGAGE! BIS have a wonderful sense of humor :cool:

There are four lights! FPDR

Are you kidding?

The cm tools are crap:

- crappy racing engine (streams max 600-700m)

- aweful editor

Go back to your cm forum and post another 3000 hurrah posts in 5 months....

The only good thing for cm are their lieing public relations section, wich are able to make ppl think they get a super realistic operation flashpoint 2 simulation before release.

So they got money from thousands of ppl wich surely never would touched the game if they know how it would be before release.

A hand full of "dr fanboys" are left in their forum and 90% are gone after thousands of complaint threads.

But cm was censoring their forums, closing or deleting the threads of the customers that felt betrayed from cm. Banning all of them would be the solution they thought, but now you see that realisticly only a few are still their and licking cms ass.

And ben_s is the biggest cm asslicker there.

@Pain0815

Take it easy man, that was over the line. We all share your view on CM but I browse through DR forums enough to know that Ben_S is not a mindless CM fanboi nor an abusive troll... unlike "some" others (wink wink).