Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Is it just me or there wasn't almost any real info, just how it might look?

Yea, Theres no "real info" just pre-rendered shots of imaginary scenarios..... again...

*sigh*

It will look like the last one won't it?

Only brown instead of green.

No idea what the actual game will look like, its not even same engine anymore. Anything could happen.

No idea what the actual game will look like, its not even same engine anymore. Anything could happen.

I thought it was the same, only this time they 'tweaked the core engine' for a completely new and revolutionary experience...

:sarcasm:

Lets hope they can get the driving bit of the game right this time, the engine is afterall designed for that.

Waah, with their class system, they just add a 3rd person view and you've got an authentic rpg. RIP Flashpoint.

Well, whatveer happens, we won't know for sure for another year, until release....

Waah, with their class system, they just add a 3rd person view and you've got an authentic rpg. RIP Flashpoint.

It ain´t a RPG without a mana bar. I´m wondering if they´re going to include boss-fights at the end of a level, though.

LMAO, set game types. Bye bye mission editor. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the last picture:

"You're a marine, not a pilot."

Not only is Marine uncapitalized, but you play as the US Army in Red River. Gotta love press releases...

My opinion - still looks and sounds worse than DR, which is an impressive feat which deserves notation in itself.

I thought it was the same, only this time they 'tweaked the core engine' for a completely new and revolutionary experience...

:sarcasm:

Lets hope they can get the driving bit of the game right this time, the engine is afterall designed for that.

OFP:RR will run on variation of EGO 2 engine (used in F1 2010 and Dirt 3), that should be somehow suited for FPS needs.

I am looking at the title and start ROFLMFAO, really, cant they just forget about using the word "real" and think of something else?

And why even bother to think the ch53 is beautiful when you are not able to fly them?

And why the CH53 when you're US Army? Or have they gone back to the Marines? :confused:

Or are they going the way of MW2?

US Army General supposedly in command of 30,000 Marines...

I don't think you play as US Army, where was it stated? Maybe it's just some misinterpretation made by magazines...

Probably. I never saw it myself, was just going off of what I had heard. Haven't heard anyone say you are still Marines yet, until you. :p

OFP:RR will run on variation of EGO 2 engine (used in F1 2010 and Dirt 3), that should be somehow suited for FPS needs.

Somehow ?

earlier articles said it would be the marines

there seems to be units from the 4ID and 82AB marine expeditionary unit there (joke)

i dont think codies knows the difference between the two, or both army and marines will be present.

OR, maybe they are ripping off arma1's "Armines", giving USMC models with army textures :p

that article is another cacophony of fail. "SO REAL IT WILL KICK DOWN YOUR DOOR AND RAPE YOUR WIFE! RRAWWWR!"

what mag was it?

Max Power,OK, Excuse me my poor irony and "soul cry". Simply, it's very annoy, when i registry on "international arena" to train and prove my weak English, and first news i see about this... Simply i don't manage my emotions. Excuse me this, it's will not repeat again.

It's not two countries at it, but kind of a bunch of angry people. I think that a lot of people wanted a competitor to ArmA 2 and were looking forward to some competition. They made a lot of promises in terms of gameplay and support that they did not deliver on. Consequently, many of us are looking on in schadenfreude at the fail-in-progress that CMs thing must be turning out to be, because it sounds even further from its roots than DR.

This has been going on for quite a while and it's unfortunate that it's the first thing you saw. This forum is as much about helping out one another as it is about making fun of Codemasters.

The magazine was the Official Xbox 360 Magazine. No surprise they find it realistic. :rolleyes:

Yo dawg I heard you like realism so I put a tactical FPS in your simulator...

Hahah, Xbox magazines wouldn't know ArmA existed. :)

Well, theres not much we can do until its got gameplay footage/demo (if it gets a demo ... )

Until then we can only predict how much it will be over-hyped.

I don't think you play as US Army, where was it stated? Maybe it's just some misinterpretation made by magazines...

I think Tonton said it in the video, I definitely heard something about it there...

Anyone notice that the M16 was labeled M16A1? I do hope that was a mistake on the magazines part, because if Codemasters have an M16A1 in a game featuring modern soldiers...Epic fail on the 'realism' of weapons already.

M16A1 is good for guerillas, insurgents or rebells...so why not! They were sold surplus in 100thousands in the 80s and 90s.

For Insurgents yes, but I hope not for modern US troops, and seeing as it is Codemasters I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

This assault rifle's bullets spin on impact, causing huge damage.

Yeah, because laterally rotating end over end is called "spinning". :rolleyes: I think we all know what nature of beast we're going to get here. A shouse one.

My OFP CDs are spinning in their cases from sheer indignation, that's all that's spinning here.

Yeah, because laterally rotating end over end is called "spinning". :rolleyes: I think we all know what nature of beast we're going to get here. A shouse one.

My OFP CDs are spinning in their cases from sheer indignation, that's all that's spinning here.

Where did you find that quote? The one about the spinning bullets and shit, I mean.