Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Console hardware is still 5 years old. So graphics and map will be the same (or worse now that they say there will be corridor levels) - unless by some miracle they'll decide to dedicate much time and effort to develop a separate PC version.

This will never happen, CM doesn't have the drive, skill nor incentive ($$$£££) to make a PC only version of this game. It WILL be another shameful console port with the same old graphical/3d capabilities to make it fit on the console platform.

Those who say it wont are only in denial.

Dragon's time of the month. Red River Rising

Quoted for LOLZ ty.

Well after having a good read & the IGN article and well all in general really, I can only refer to the legendary Paul Calf for my point of reference:

coogancalf460.jpg

"Bag'-O'-Shiiiiiiite"

Edited by mrcash2009

"Generally, the impression I get is that 90% of people that played the game loved it," Says the energetic Sion Lenton...

FPDR

I think the writer of the article mistook "energetic" for "high on crack".

Ok ive just brought DR (still waiting for OA) today and jumped straight into the editor! fkng nice at a quick glance... and although its not loaded with the game its not too much (for me at least) to test the mission.

I understand that im going against the hate and general consensus here, but my angle is completely from SP and as a standard gamer who loves.... gaming! so all the MP talk is ="Null" for me and not offering anything to this thread other than a completely unbiased opinion.

What i like so far: for me they got the feel right, muzzle flash, incoming tracers, muzzle flash lighting up the ground in the distance, not sure if its ragdoll but the death feels dynamic and satisfying... the world feels ok, not worse not better than an arma world, well maybe arma's world has more (clutter) contrast, better lighting? but the detail is good (passable) enough for me... not a game killer, havent played enough to become familiar with enemy AI, but in the demo they didnt seem any different from BIS stock? i like the reload animation!

What i hate: the way my unit moves (or the weapon sway) like he has a carrot stuck up his ass and he enjoys it!? its the gayest movement ive seen in any game, ever! makes me want to sprint so i dont see it, for me its actually a game killer right there, as im not sure i can play through or become used to it, so from all other games, from COD to DR thru to Arma i think arma has the best movement feel on screen, having my character as an actual model with legs connects me to the game or game world more, DR makes me feel like im running through the field wanting to catch butterflies!?... also its a bit disturbing i cannot move to 3rd person, theres something comforting in the fact that i can see my character from time to time but thats obviously from the fact that there is no actual character/model in the game.

Thats all from about 40mins all up of play of DR with demo and full game... no real game play that will obviously influence my opinion later on... and from incoming reports it looks like the new DR will not offer me any more or even less in SP...

What i understand is DR does not give me the freedom that Arma does, thats me being able to setup virtually any scenario that i want on different maps (Important that i can choose different geograpy, areas), it may take days of frustration to get a script or 2 to work, but usually achievable from the help of this mighty community, in looking at other gaming communities theres none that come close to this one, and love to the more awesome modding community that keep this title alive... and im not sure yet but DR is completely from the US (Blufor) point of view, no option to play the other side? that kills it again for me right there.

Just some feed back from my point of view for BIS, hating's all good but feedback is more productive... i realize its not a feedback thread, but im giving it anyway.

Sorry if its a rant but slightly intoxicated from celebrating another bledisloe cup, peace to my Aussie neighbor's, all good, world cup next year... and hate to say it but we get shy at world cup time... anyway extra pushups when we play ya!

Edited by Katipo66

Seriously, your critiques of this unreleased game are becoming less and less funny. Yeah you hate these so-called OFP sequels I get it already. There is no reason not to enjoy ARMA 2 and look forward to this new game at the same time. And yes, I get that a lot of you hear don't like that CM has the rights to the "OFP" name, you know what? LIVE WITH IT and get on with your life already FFS.

Oh trust me, I was over this about 2 seconds after hearing it. This constitutes an enjoyable hobby for me.

found this post over there

pretty spot on post

evidently the user got banned for it

Heh. Yeah. That indeed was really spot on. But when someone is playing as dirty as Conmasters it is obvious that they silence people telling the truth.

Heh. Yeah. That indeed was really spot on. But when someone is playing as dirty as Conmasters it is obvious that they silence people telling the truth.

100% Agree. About that banned post: I remember how CM once showed a "gameplay" where there as epic graphics, Crysis quality like, super good looking fog etc. So it was about scouting an area. The guy took binoculars and zoomed about 1km to see a village, so he called a bomb run on it. Of course, the game didn't even in one piece resembled that "gameplay" of theirs, and CM as always try's to fool people into some crazy shit. Like the western all-healing Snake Oil and shit :((((

100% Agree. About that banned post: I remember how CM once showed a "gameplay" where there as epic graphics, Crysis quality like, super good looking fog etc. So it was about scouting an area. The guy took binoculars and zoomed about 1km to see a village, so he called a bomb run on it. Of course, the game didn't even in one piece resembled that "gameplay" of theirs, and CM as always try's to fool people into some crazy shit. Like the western all-healing Snake Oil and shit :((((

That's this video:

That's this video:

Exactly. And CM promoted it as "pre-release gameplay footage" my ass...

Exactly. And CM promoted it as "pre-release gameplay footage" my ass...

Um no they didnt, that footage was never released by CM. In fact i recall they had it removed from youtube, at least the original uploader.

Edit, that is the original uploader, i remember the other videos very well, guess he's got permission now.

It's nice to look on the Red River forums now and see all the old breed back for another run around. Helios, Sion, templar, Zarif, they're all back, and in good form. They're still banning those who say the truth.

It's like a family reunion. They realize the last one ended in catastrophe, thanks to cousin Billy's drunken rant up on stage, and cast straight into the public eye, but this time around they're trying their best to put it out of their minds and everyone else's.

Shame that Billy's attending the reunion again.

:rolleyes:

I hope this actually becomes a simulator that can compete somewhat with ArmA II. I'm sick and tired of the shoddy movement, tanks that die from machine guns, and bad UI. I am an ArmA II player myself but you honestly have to put up with the problems ArmA II has since they're no other game in the market like it other else than OFP and ArmA. And on the plus side competition always makes things better.

Yeah as much as Dragon Failing was a simulator and true competitor. And as it looks this new thing is even more simplified than the other failure was.

I rather have the "shoddy movement" and tanks exploding my machine guns than that thing they call a military simulator. In fact what they produced and now repeating is an insult to every simulator released so far.

I hope this actually becomes a simulator that can compete somewhat with ArmA II.

Dream on.. :rolleyes:

OFP : DR was a dismal failure (not supported anymore) so me thinks they are targeting the lucrative console market with $$'s rather than quality/substance in their eyes.

As far as some of your "complaints" about ArmA2 go , are you aware that BI is putting out patches on a regular basis that improve / fix some of these things. More than you can say for IW , CM etc. etc.

To me this sounds more like overcompensating. Concentrating on what people criticized about the first installment and mostly fixing these issues, like Join in Progress.

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoyed Dragon Rising for what it is, something in the middle between ArmA 2 and CoD, but it had its share of issues that I don't see being addressed. It still sounds like a verbatim console port without any PC improvements with an overly complicated control mechanism because of exactly that heritage.

I just hope that this time you can lean left or right.

Overcompensating or not, if CM said they'd have the exact same features as ARMA 2 then we'd have everyone hear equally complaining about the similarities rather than the lack thereof. To me, it sounds like they want Red River to be different and what's so bad about that?

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

It's about expectations. If you buy a Splinter Cell game, you expect a sneaking third person shooter that emphasizes the stealth aspect. If you get a CoD clone, regardless of how good it might be, you will be disappointed.

The same with Operation Flashpoint. You expect a game that strives on gritty realism. The pre-launch advertisement also enforced this notion. What you got was far from what you expected, so yes, people are disappointed.

So "gritty realism" automatically means it should copy ARMA 2? Maybe they have their own ideas about "gritty realism" whilst keeping it a fun and Different game at the same time. See my post above.

My opinion to this matter is: Code Masters should stay on the games they know best. Like Worms series. Those are funny games. Sometimes it is also fun to throw realism out of the window.

My opinion to this matter is: Code Masters should stay on the games they know best. Like Worms series. Those are funny games. Sometimes it is also fun to throw realism out of the window.

Huh, since when Codemasters has made Worms?

To Nickos:

Oh that. I think they published that game with company called Team17

Edited by 33BO11OF00
edited lines.

Overcompensating or not, if CM said they'd have the exact same features as ARMA 2 then we'd have everyone hear equally complaining about the similarities rather than the lack thereof. To me, it sounds like they want Red River to be different and what's so bad about that?

In that case, it's the fact that it's still being called Operation Flashpoint. Take that name away, none of us would give a shit. Keep it, and we call them misleading frauds. And this isn't yet to be proven because the game isn't released, DR was and failed massively forever tarnishing the reputation of the OFP name.

In fact, it's more of a case of morality here. They're simply misleading those who don't know better that their hallow-shell-of-an-OFP-product "games" are the true sequels to OFP, giving no acknowledgement of BIS. I've met people who've been lead to think that BIS stole OFP from Codemasters, not the other way around. That's pretty bad...

Take that name away, none of us would give a shit.

That is spot on!! :cool:

It's nice to look on the Red River forums now and see all the old breed back for another run around. Helios, Sion, templar, Zarif, they're all back, and in good form. They're still banning those who say the truth.

It's like a family reunion. They realize the last one ended in catastrophe, thanks to cousin Billy's drunken rant up on stage, and cast straight into the public eye, but this time around they're trying their best to put it out of their minds and everyone else's.

Shame that Billy's attending the reunion again.

:rolleyes:

i wont let them con people out of their money this time around

i suggest that anyone else that has respect for the flashpoint series to do the same in their free time on their forums

Edited by guiltyspark

qMhA1wsblMk

Sorry if this was already posted. I didn't see it on the last few pages.

EDIT: Found Youtube version Edited by Jakerod