Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

After seeing that Simon, I picture old Sion holding his tacticool M4 with the handle in the utterly wrong place. :p

While I might (correctly) accuse CM of ArmA 2 copycatting, they also plan (yes, plan, because they already bullshitted everyone enough with their DR and it's super graphic mightiness and driving model, among other things) to copy other things BIS has missed, like the MW 2 Weapon Attachment Selection (I shall copyright it as WAS, he he)

Sounds like Red River will be a Coop and SP only game with only a Whopping 4 player Cooperative experience in the year 2010!

Talk about Digression.

FPDR FPDR FPDR

This game will end up in the bargain bin in a record 3 days! :yay:

Holy crap. I didn't think they had the balls.

They didn't had. They don't. They won't have. The only thing they have is the right to the Operation Flashpoint name and their self-assumed right of n00bishly copying all of the BIS ideas, solutions, and even the fucking war themes.

I wonder if the FLIR will still have glowy tanks..supposedly RR (I still refuse to call it Flashpoint) won't have helicopters, surely they wouldn't be THAT stupid.

Codemasters: FPDR

There will always be "ignorant" ones. The ones who buy any game where you can run and gun with an M4.

Edited by Väinämöinen

Codemasters: FPDR

Hell, Codecopiers have made a new version of a facepalm: the palmface, AKA mlapecaf

I wonder if Red River will be backward compatible to Dragon Rising :p

The only thing that will be compatible between those two titles is the shame. That will be fully compatible.

FPDR

train-wreck.jpg

here we go once again , codemasters

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The only thing that will be compatible between those two titles is the shame. That will be fully compatible.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!

Everyone in this community owes you a cold beer. :)

Lets see whens the last time CM innovated?

This game will have no PVP, takes too much effort

4 player coop supposedly because adding more would fry their shit ass netcode FPDR and take too much effort.

CM wants the bare minimum for their games enough to sneak buy and sell a few copies.

Codecopiers and conmasters should be their new company name.

And this should be their company logo:

FPDR

this should be their slogan

"Listening to the community one stake holder at a time...."

Nice....

Behold Codemasters...the flagship of British games development...pff. If only there was a law for spouting utter bollox. "Officer..Arrest Lenton".

(Mmmm...does that make this post oxymoronic)?

Still, at least they have not tried to be operation flashpoint. Now, if they pull pull the plastic M4 out of Mr Lentons arsehole - where it had been undoubtably shoved after the "Nice"" episode, he might be able to come up with an orginal name. Oh, of course, they need the OF brand to sell thier generic shooter. One thing is for sure, unless they can out do CoD - which there is just no way - it will fail as a second rate imitator to a massivley popluar franchise. It will the game mums buy for thier kids, 'cause they don't know any better - be it selecting games for little johnny or taking note of the age restriction.

BTW can anyone refresh my memory about the "Nice" episode?

I remember it vaguely, but I also remember it was pretty fun

I thought it was all just a joke but.. resource: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/421691-ofp-rr-super-sticky-update-06-08-a.html check the "Out's"

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/421677-no-choppers-2.html what next, axing tanks so players can concentrate on infantry only? I can't wait to see how this one turns out, it looks like it is going to have an even better ending than DR.

Edited by NodUnit

Sorry, I couldn't resist but .... :p

facepalmdance.th.jpg

I call it "The Facepalm Dance". Those are my feelings towards the Red River ... the more I read this name, the more I'm thinking of menstruation.

Heavily Improved Damage Model System? Is that the same as removing the God-shield around the player mayhaps?

If the map and graphics are 10X better than Dragon Rising. I might looking into getting this. I probably wont buy it though. :)

Dragon Rising was literally utter shit. That's the only way to describe it.

This is awesome. The next iteration is getting shittier and shittier as we speak. No PvP? No helos? Moar renders?

It's like all my Christmases have come at once. Freakin' sweet.

IGN:

There are some elements of its more contentious contemporaries that it won't be aping, however.

There's no competitive multiplayer, largely to keep the focus on the co-op but also to ensure that Red River doesn't enter the murky waters that some contemporary military games risk treading.

"I find it quite unsettling with Medal of Honor. I'm not sure if I want to play as the Taliban shooting American soldiers" says Sion, before returning to a point made earlier in his presentation that the game must remain ethical.

Humanity award! You win it!

unity_of_humanity_award_001.jpg

Now we shall all take a moment of silence to fully comprehend that you just blamed the troops for making your game crappy.

People should take note of how the entire IGN article is essentially one big ad for the game, 100% positive all the time with no neutrality.

This is how it works. The big gaming media is dependent on getting a preview early to get visits.

Getting the first preview is a gift from the publisher, to whatever big media that they are confident will write nothing but nice things about it.

Edited by sparks50

After seeing the previews, color me interested. However, after play DR, I'm skeptical about whether or not Codemasters learned their lesson.

That being said, I'm waiting for the reviews before I buy. Also, those target renders look beautiful, but it makes me think that Codemasters isn't confident in the EGO 2 engine.

Lol.

The grenadier was described as a "brick s*** house" who carries the first shotgun seen in an Operation Flashpoint game.

Did anyone at Coderapists actually play OFP? Anyone?

Kozlice.jpg

Edited by CameronMcDonald

I couldn't believe the announcement when I read it! When I posted the news on a website I help with, I couldn't avoid a little editorializing (and I rarely do that with a news release).

In summary, my take:

demotivational-poster-lion-facepaw.jpg

Mind you, I am only a casual ArmA player (I mostly like to tinker with the editor :)) and I feel this way! What CM did with DR was almost fraud in my opinion.

Edited by RookStrike

This is awesome. The next iteration is getting shittier and shittier as we speak. No PvP? No helos? Moar renders?

It's like all my Christmases have come at once. Freakin' sweet.

Ermm maybe they just want to emphasize on the COOP like Left 4 Dead? That's kinda how they described it in the IGN preview and that certainly sounds interesting.