Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Haha :D :D Can someone dig out this from the CM forums? I'd love to see it!

Pretty sure its not there anymore? :(

CM gave the community the impression that it would be an ARMA 2 for consoles and a worthy adversary on PC.

Thats what pisses me off the most.

DAMN YOU OFPDR: DRAGON DROPKICK

I wonder, will it come with an actual deterrent to piracy this time? Like, I don't know, CD keys? Those things standard on nearly every PC game ever?

My bet on the name is Operation Flashpoint: Bear Rising. Russia will go mad and the US and China will be forced into an uneasy alliance in order to take out the biggest threat evar.

It'll also be shit.

FPDR

Lolz!

I'm LEGEN...wait for it.......wait some more....DARY!!!!!!!!

Haha :D

Nice...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/codies-opflash-dirt-grid-sequels-on-way

DiRT 2 scored highly last September while the older GRID, released in May 2008, was a critical darling and first brought us the race-rewind feature that became so useful in subsequent driving games such as Forza Motorsport 3 from Turn 10.

SCAR did the prince of Persia rewind button long before GRID. Seeing how identical the D1 feature is in presentation and function,

Id say that CM copied this from the smaller game studio.

Edited by sparks50

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/codies-opflash-dirt-grid-sequels-on-way

SCAR did the prince of Persia rewind button long before GRID. Seeing how identical the D1 feature is in presentation and function,

Id say that CM copied this from the smaller game studio.

There was also a low budget racing game, totally forgot the name, long before grid, that used the rewind feature.

CM don't generally invent anything these days. The last truly great game they made was Toca 2. (1998).

Any probability of the competition between devs will be only better for us. Without it we will have only old bugs and a bunch of soldiers for 10 euro.

Competition makes BI charge for DLC, not the other way around. The gaming industry is too convoluted to listen to Adam Smith.

I believe that all the guys still hanging around on the other forum is because they really never got hooked by the original OFP CWC. I mean how could've someone possibly liked DR if they all played the original OFP. Infact all true fans of the original OFP bashed DR and left their community, DR had nothing in common with the original game. All freedom was gone ridiculous restrictions and the list goes on and on. If you really loved playing OFP . . . then DR was just a fail and a big letdown for all true fans of the original game.

I believe that all people which are still playing DR never catched the spirit of CWC. Neither the developer of CM who designed DR, they limited everything what made the original one so great.

Just my 2 cents

kind regards

Ok say what you want about CM, but they are certainly not stupid when it comes to making money. Sequels for Dirt and Grid might be reasonable to expect as they had some success financially. But going with a sequel for Dragon Rising was surprising, as it didn't seem to me that the tiny success that they made is significant enough, at least when compared to the amount of money that went into development (at least the money that they claim went into development).

So does anybody have any figures or estimates about how many people were sca........err..... how many copies were sold ? its got to be significant enough for CM to justify a sequel financially......as they obviously don't care about tarnishing the name further more.

Also i add my vote to Deadfast's title:

OF: AI count rising :D

Also

FPDR

Not surprising at all. Consolemuppets obviously aren't stupid, at least when it comes to making money. First, use a widely known name and a bunch of beautiful target renders to hype an absolutely craptastic game before release, then cut patch support for it within six months and free up the devs to create the next iteration.

How much do you guys want to bet that we will soon be seeing beautiful target renders praised as screenshots?

And videos talking about weapons that "kill you before you pull the trigger."

What a joke.

Honestly said I don't care about how many copies they sold. Yeah the marketing machine by CM works well but they are out for quick bucks. They promised things and hyped the whole sale, but they failed to deliver in terms of competitor to the original one.

Second there's no relationship between Dev and community and they dropped completely

support. I support BIS also for treating the community like humans and not only as potential buyers. They communicate to improve the game. They got a history for supporting their games and therefore they have my support. Apart from the fact that a better wargame has to be invented first.

kind regards

FPDR

Omg new smilies

DO WANT!

FPDR Dragon Rising 2

FPDR Dragon Rising community who is eagerly awaiting another crap feature-less "Simulator" HA!

And videos talking about weapons that "kill you before you pull the trigger."

What a joke.

Hopefully lots more material to parody. :)

Here's something...just for the fun of it :D

Link to a thread on the "other side"

Oh what... I just...

You know, it's people like them that allow developers like CM to produce a game like DR. They are completely oblivious.

Ok say what you want about CM, but they are certainly not stupid when it comes to making money.

How many times have they needed bailing out by venture capitalists in the last couple of years? They're now essentially owned by an Indian software company unless I'm mistaken? :)

FPDR

From Wikipedia:

On 5 April 2010, Reliance Big Entertainment, an Indian company acquired a 50% stake in the company.

Also, from wikipedia, and worthy of a FPDR :

The co-founders, Richard and David Darling, were both appointed Commanders of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2008 for services to the computer games industry.

I wonder if they'd still have received OBE's if they'd sold half of an English company to India before 2008 ;)

I wonder if the Darlings actually own any of Codemasters because surely they put up a chunk of stock to secure the $25m or whatever it was they got from the US firm a couple of years back?

I didnt know CM was half owned by an indian software company.

@Placebo

The code to that similie will never be forgotten. :D

Im very excited about this announcement not that im going to buy the game but I want to see how the PR scheme works this time around.

maybe Waftybuzz(Sion Lenton AKA Nice.... guy) will have a new meme this time.

like FPDR......

Ok say what you want about CM, but they are certainly not stupid when it comes to making money.
Yea taking a game that is still played after 8 years and making a shitty sequel will only in the long run make it so where you lose money.

Oh yea and FPDR