Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Too many entities on this forum for him to cope? :p

I seriously hope many they won't have much sales (read: won't scam many people) this time, but I know the humanity too well to realize that probably won't be the truth...

Hi all

Ah yet more CM DRech.

Only goes to prove they understand you can fool some of the people all the time.

Kind Regards walker

YES thank god my favourite game of all time is getting a new one :D

Sad thing is it will sell a shit load of copies to the misinformed consumers who fall for their bullshit marketing.

Probably not. DR was already the B movie of the FPS market. I doubt their now infamous promises will work the second time when they only half-worked the first. We probably don't even need a thread about this game.

yeah because Dragon Rising 2 was SUuuuuuuuuuch a sequel to the first iteration. :j:

CM's marketing plan part 1:

Sion "ah I must of developed the wrong game guys sorry wont happen this time now that im smoking crack and im up all day, simulation with silly floppy ragdoll physics and Deducation umm (scratches head) surveyors yeah.

"DR 2 will be the most authentic military simulator ever with a scale never before seen." Oh wait we used that for the last game lets add one word the kids will never figure it out!

"DR 2 will almost be the most authentic military simulator ever with a scale never before seen."

Oh boy cant wait for complete forum mayhem, silence from Developers and yankers, and this new "Version" of the Ego Crap engine.

Can It push more than 64entities now, is the number now 84?

Give me a break CM nobodies going to buy this product from you, they all know you work for consoles only and your a bunch of sellouts that should've been scorned by everyone in the gaming industry. :mad:

I have a 100 dollars that Dragon Crap 2 will be console only they will leave PeeC for obvious obvious reasons....

Edited by Flash Thunder

face_palm.gif

Placebo, this needs to be a standard smily on the forum.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

yeah because Dragon Rising 2 was SUuuuuuuuuuch a sequel to the first iteration. :j:

Calling it OFP3 is totally illegal as far as I can tell, seeing as BIS owns the exclusive rights to develop sequels. Hence why they dropped the '2' from the original. At best, they can probably call it "OFP: Dragon Rising 2", a sequel to their other, totally unrelated to OFP game.

This time ... 5 square kilometer usable terrain ... you can leave your teammates 500 m behind and you can add up to 100 units at the same time in the editor! :D Sorry, just kiddin :D

This time ... 5 square kilometer usable terrain ... you can leave your teammates 500 m behind and you can add up to 100 units at the same time in the editor! :D Sorry, just kiddin :D

Yeah, we won't see those sort of numbers until at least DR:5. ;)

Placebo, this needs to be a standard smily on the forum.

I'd go with that! Would be the most used too! :D

Hope they fixed this :rolleyes:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkbNboZwUg&hl=es_ES&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkbNboZwUg&hl=es_ES&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow, almost didn't believe it when I read it. The only things I liked about DR was the view-distance (that was pretty impressive) and SOME of the AI behavior (like how they would stack up to doors. Not even the vehicle physics were impressive, they were just boring.

[Cue voice of the guy who does the Hollywood previews] "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the games store ..."

Edited by LJF

Wow, almost didn't believe it when I read it. The only things I liked about DR was the view-distance (that was pretty impressive) and SOME of the AI behavior (like how they would stack up to doors. Not even the vehicle physics were impressive, they were just boring.

you do realize nothing was drawn past like 500 meters in a suitable detail?

32km viewdistance of the most low res textures and the crappiest mesh around.

Boo

It was worse than that.

On the PS3 version grass and bushes disappeared after 100 metres.

Lying Prone offers no concealment at all.

That and the game was shit.

I take offence at the bolded part. ArmA 2 is the third part of the series, with ArmA being the second. Why these magazines seem to miss that is a mystery to me.

I agree with you. I sent a message to the german site, now... if only they can understand english, and understand what exactly i am saying with my semi-long rant about how the original OFP needs to be removed off the OFP3 "Games of the series" page...

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Yeah, the same console shyt just another map something like Iraq I think, I do not expect anything great from them.:toilet:

FPDR

FPDR

Lolz!

I'm LEGEN...wait for it.......wait some more....DARY!!!!!!!!

2961175776_b341ca0fc5.jpg

Oh my, why are they doing this...

A other way to spend money I guess,didn they learn anything?If the game is a bust you DONT make a sequel.

So last time we get FLIR from BI because of that crap, how about this time? A totally new user friendly team command interface? Realistic Javalin FCS?:D

Edited by 4 IN 1

Any probability of the competition between devs will be only better for us. Without it we will have only old bugs and a bunch of soldiers for 10 euro.

The original screen that got posted into the CM forums:-

http://img241.imageshack.us/ifs/3523/img527/3/screen002lfl5.jpg

And after the event nice one Cameron:-

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1220523&postcount=2849

Haha :D :D Can someone dig out this from the CM forums? I'd love to see it!

And... -> FPDR The spelling of this smiley is something I can keep easily in my mind. :p Thanks a lot. :D

"A scale never before seen"...

ummmmm, I doubt that somehow. Mind you I am looking forward to "OFPDR2 : Failure Redefined" just to see how badly wrong they can get it.