Sign in to follow this  

Ahh.. i just love technology

I am currently sitting on a sailboat in the middle of lake Mälaren, near Stockholm. I have my laptop connected to my mobile and have a 120 kbit GPRS connection. The sun shines and it is 22 degrees Celsius. My company consists of a very good friend and two lovely girls. Ahh.. life is good smile.gif

Screw you, is this the way you care for you guests? I sit on our highest balcony which is on top of our house, 22° is slightly exaggerated, but I got a lake too and I got a forest and I got a bottle of mineral water, (and I always have a hard time getting the cables out here). .....damm clouds are coming

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 25 2002,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Screw you, is this the way you care for you guests?<span id='postcolor'>

It's not my boat, so they are not my guests smile.gif

And we all are sunbathing like dead fish on the deck. Hmm.. the wind is starting to blow, I'll guess we'll be heading home soon - the dock is just a coupe of hundred meters from my appartment smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 25 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why dont you all break out the digital cameras?<span id='postcolor'>

I thought about it, but I dont know where I am gonna work in the future, maybe not even in Europe, would be a waste of money then! Anyway do you want to see my in boxer shorts? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 25 2002,18:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 25 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why dont you all break out the digital cameras?<span id='postcolor'>

I thought about it, but I dont know where I am gonna work in the future, maybe not even in Europe, would be a waste of money then! Anyway do you want to see my in boxer shorts?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well I wouldnt want to see such a site, but im sure the female members of my family would be delighted to see a swiss lad wearing only underwear

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ April 25 2002,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why dont you all break out the digital cameras?<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't bring it sad.gif This sailing thing was entirely improvised last second thing.

..but I can give you an idea of what it looks like. This is what I like with technology:

1] I download the pictures from my main computer at home.

2] I resize the picture in photoshop

3] I upload it to my school's server

4] I post them here

.. and all this is done wireless smile.gif

These two pictures are from the dock near my appartment, taken last october, so you can get the idea of what it looks like:

dock1.jpg

dock2.jpg

Oh, I am german (at least my passport sais this, but there is alot of fake stuff out on the market anyway), I lived in Switzerland!

Of course you think I wear bavarian leatherpants and eat cheese and shout "jawohl Horst!!!!" or "Halt stehenbleiben"! But it would be useful to proof that I actually sit on a balcony right now! (maybe our house doesnt even have one) Anyway, girls woudlnt be impressed that much! I am not muscled like Arnold (even though I got some austrians as far relatives) biggrin.gif

Get your laderhosen on, do the bier tanzen and takes some pictures!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 25 2002,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ja Ja Gunther, hol den Schaeferhund, du dickes Schwein! Halt wer da? Bist du das`Amerikaner?  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

And for those of us who have no clue what the hell that just meant, courtesy of the allmighty Babelfish:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">To Gunther, get the shepherd dog, you thick pig! Stop who there? Are you more das`Amerikaner? <span id='postcolor'>

wow, that actually sounds half right

Erhalten das Bierwurst schnell! Ich gehe ins Hafen jetzt!

[after 6 years of learning German, my grammar still sucks]

see ya soon smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 25 2002,20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Erhalten das Bierwurst schnell! Ich gehe ins Hafen jetzt!

[after 6 years of learning German, my grammar still sucks]

see ya soon smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOooooooooooooooolllll

Conserve the beer-sausage fast! I go into the harbour now!

So KingBest, you got me! I got no such camera, but I got a scanner, I posted a picture (two pictures gleud together because those scenery cameras didnt exist) of our house. This is an orginal spring picture (8 years old though), the wood has become much darker now, but lights up in the summer again. The balcony where I was sitting is hidden next to the chimney. But now it is dark and I had a hard time getting the comp back inside!

042520022290643.jpg

(I know the house looks weird, but who was weird first? the house or me?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ April 25 2002,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Conserve the beer-sausage fast! I go into the harbour now!<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm.. I was supposed to say "Get the beer sausage fast".. oh well smile.gif