Sign in to follow this  
BF2_Trooper

Why do people prefer The Benny Hinn edition of Warfare over the standard one?

Is Standard Warfare not "Hardcore" enough or something? I mean, i have been to a couple of Benny Edition games but I kinda find the interface to be a little less friendly than standard warfare. It's also harder to find yourself on the map and confusing to see BLUFOR occupied territories in Green. What's up with that btw?

Anyways that's just some of my opinion. So why arent there more people content with Standard Warfare? It looks great in OA and seems to work better than ARMA 2 vanilla warfare.

You got a very good point there, in other threads they discuss things like Community been broken because of the Expansion and soon to be DLC.

So the question we should be asking here is where is the Official Community? as in people who just run Officially Released content.

Again i respect Addon makers, they do great stuff. But...Servers would be so much more full and better to play with Vanilla Versions. There are just too many mods out there. 200 servers but 4 are nearly full only at one time, its a joke. why? cause the com thinks this game can be only fun with addons....:j:

also addons and mods allways confusing people and creating new bugs to the existence ones.

maybe you just open a thread in the MP section, where people play only the Vanilla Arma2 and OA. I join asap and im sure many more will!

more Vanilla of Arma2+OA, just lets play and dont load thousand mods and addons. this game is allready demanding and fun enough!

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

The vanilla OA CTI isn't much fun when, A you get landed on the Independent side(your game is going to be over quickly) and you only have the choice of all the same units in each team.

So it needs variety and something for the easily wiped out Independent team players to do while sitting defeated, maybe like allowing you to still play if you aren't dead when the HQ goes bust for starters would be good. In fact have you respawning anyway, not like you are going to effect the final outcome of the game much with your Enfield and a couple of rocks.

So, the Benny edition doesn't kill servers as much because the third party doesn't exist and therefore isn't left with nothing to do and end up leaving the game.

@BF2_Trooper

Thats called freedom of choice - not everybody is 100% happy with default mission settings or units. BIS cant please all but they made their games open enough to change many things. People should enjoy what they like to play not beeing forced to play something that they dont like. Maybe open a server only with default BIS missions - for yourself + other Arma2-OA vanilla lovers?

@Himmelsfeuer

Whats wrong with addons/mods?

Are you complaining about the variety, the numbers or simply your own laziness?

What has Warfare BE to do with addon/mod situation? oO it's completely independant, Warfare BE runs on vanilla .....

Bennys warfare has much more things to offer:

-building upgrades (in vaniulla you can build all vehicles after placing building)

-view distance settings

-support, ari, team & transfer options

-better price balanced

-upgradable towns, ari, support and AA capabilities

& much much more

So its a much more advanced vanilla mode. No need to stick with the old vanilla warfare if you can play bennys...

Vanilla has some different gameplay systems that some may like

Some maybe, but in the serverlist you see what most like...

The great thing about OA is there aren't many mod servers which is why imo there are so many players right now. Too bad that is going to change thanks to ACE and the lot

The great thing about OA is there aren't many mod servers which is why imo there are so many players right now. Too bad that is going to change thanks to ACE and the lot

I'm still not seeing too many servers running OA Warfare though, and when I do it's usually a private game. I have to look for an empty server with a "Creating" status to load an OA Warfare game myself.

Not even trying ot get on comms/Ts when finding any closed server to ask if you could play with ? ^^

I'm still not seeing too many servers running OA Warfare though, and when I do it's usually a private game. I have to look for an empty server with a "Creating" status to load an OA Warfare game myself.

The rounds are to fast, its not balanced and it becomes unplayable because of to good vehicles to early ingame.

Tons of B Warfare servers are on, and no vanilla one. And i bet if there would be a vanilla one, near noone want play that unbalanced version.

So go play bennys, it offers much better gameplay and fun over hours.

I just think that Standard Warfare is way more "User Friendly". If there's one thing I like about the BE version though is that Zargabad is included as a map. But if I wanted to introduce new comers to a non ARMA 2 MP, then I would do so with Standard Warfare.

Besides, why would BIS create a game mode that no one will play?

Its only a teamplate, like all other mp missions.

Bennys warfare is vanilla too, but the bis gamemode misses some key things what makes the game just better.

Arma isnt a game with mp missions as all other games. Its a big combat szenarioeditor, not a game. Dont see those bis mp templates as ultimative balanced mp missions, if you want that look for user missions...

Vanilla warfare lacks upgradeable factories, you get everything too fast. Makes many vehicles obsolete and makes games very quick. That's the main reason.

I have to agree with whisper BE is not a mod and I would hate to see this post mix people up Addon Vs Mission Vs Vanilla content since I do think it is a valid point some of you are trying to make. (I do play mostly with addons)

Cheer's ChefD

I would agree to a point in regards to folks looking to game in vanilla. Benny's is vanilla with very nice features, many if not all that have been requested by Warfare gamers. With Benny's you get what most large respectable servers desire & enjoy in the game. You also will get, requests and changes enhanced quicker without the need to wait for weeks or months on some requests. In my opinion it is a complete dedication to the majority of gamers who enjoy great sessions of warfare.

Benny's missions are just proof of quality, and without them MP will be very boring because all other public servers are EVO/Domination stupid Player vs IA missions...

Actually that's a good question..... but to me I found a simple answer

I found that on my servers everyone prefers BE warfare than the issued standard model....

The standard first warfare was released in Arma and alot of players understand the basic game play before mission makers come out with a upgrade ...more detail on what to do....more gadgets to play with :D

Its like if you had 2 Mobile phones to pick from..... both same price, same make.... but one has extra gadgets to do extra things to play with ....

what would your choice be ?

Alot of ppl go straight to the extras as they think they are getting a better deal and of course some goto the standard side to get use of the item first before upgrading.... that's how I look at missions which are basically the same thing to me....... but always give that choice to the public as they feel wanted and important :)

Benny's missions are just proof of quality, and without them MP will be very boring because all other public servers are EVO/Domination stupid Player vs IA missions...

Not really true :)

My one issue with servers that run BE - No Fast Travel. Yeah I am completely aware that it's "Unrealistic", but it's a very convienant "video game" aspect that allows players to quickly meet up with fellow Human players in a certain location.

My one issue with servers that run BE - No Fast Travel. Yeah I am completely aware that it's "Unrealistic", but it's a very convienant "video game" aspect that allows players to quickly meet up with fellow Human players in a certain location.

if you want a fast paced pvp game then play AAS.

you dont need fast travel to stay at the battlefront anyway just a well placed ambo does the job, thats the great thing about warfare, it requires a bit more tact/logistics than just spawn/kill/die/repeat.

fast travel can be enabled in the params anyway but most servers choose to have it disabled for obvious reasons.

BE Warfare and most user missions for that matter are far more evolved compared with the vanilla missions, after playing them for a while you begin to see just how much work has gone into missions like BE and if you're like most of the community you'll never play a vanilla mission again.

Speaking of the Benny Edition. Can someone with a lot of knowledge give me a brief rundown of what the upgrades do? Some are pretty self explanatory, like fast travel, or all the gear levels, but some are vague, like the supply upgrades. Not sure what those do.

There are always plenty of ACE servers, I find. You speak of ACE as if it's a bad thing.