Sign in to follow this  
Vicarious

[SP/COOP2] Operation Cold Bore

I'm having a problem with the objectives for this mission. Right at the very beginning of the mission the target somehow dies and all I'm left with is the extraction.

I have:

ArmA2 CO/BAF DLC all with most recent official patches

ACE2

ACEX

CBA

Namalsk

all with their most recent releases.

What is causing Col. Kurtz to die at the start? Is anyone else having this issue with all the most recent official patches and addons?

same thing

He dies because he spawns without ammo, he tries to run of to the nearest crate to reload, falls of the edge and dies. The problem can easily be fixed by giving him ammo.

In script:

This addMagazine "30Rnd_762x39_AK47";

The problem happens because the building is does not have any path finding for the AI, it falls back on natural movement, so it doesn't "see" the edge.

Edited by ss_viator

Hello all,

I think I have the same problem as the people above, the objective marker is green and the target is nowhere to be seen.

I have A2 CO, BAF, PMC, ACE2 +all the goodies , zeuAI (that is included anyway?) Latest official patches and stable release of ACE & co.

Guess Ill need to find out how to "unpbo" or somehow make the mission openable with the editor to implement the ammo script. I shall report back if lucky.

PS. The mission is very enjoyable, especially in MP! Just getting to the site was one of the best mission experiences I've had, though I havent had much MP experience anyway and Im only beginning to discover the depth of Arma2.

He dies because he spawns without ammo, he tries to run of to the nearest crate to reload, falls of the edge and dies. The problem can easily be fixed by giving him ammo.

In script:

This addMagazine "30Rnd_762x39_AK47";

The problem happens because the building is does not have any path finding for the AI, it falls back on natural movement, so it doesn't "see" the edge.

This seems to me to be a viable reason. But as I stated earlier the mission was working fine when released so one of the recent patches must have broken it.

I have been away from the arma scene for a while as i just finished studying and have just started a new job (which involves shift work) so i have been very busy I will eventually fix this mission, but i have no idea when.... if anyone else has the time and energy they could unpbo the mission and give him some ammo or a pistol or something to stop him from running and falling to his death. (it would be an easy fix) You could then release it with my full blessing and thanks, there's no problem there. Otherwise i will eventually get around to fixing it and updating all my missions, and releasing a few unfinished ones..... until the happy hunting gents...:cool:.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I loved SandStorm and Stalistky.

PLEASE!! make more SP missions. Thanks.

Thanks mate, really appreciate it I really enjoy creating missions.... so when I get a chance I will release more you can count on it !!

Vicarious, would it be ok with you for someone with the know-how to "fix" the 'instant assassination bug' and post it in your stead? This may be a possible solution to this bug until you get back to mission making.

The first few seconds I get to play are the best I have spent in a while with that incredible atmosphere you created. I suppose I could continue on and do the extraction bit, but I would rather not spoil the meat of the mission. In any case, thanks for your awesome missions.

Edited by Khugan

Vicarious, would it be ok with you for someone with the know-how to "fix" the 'instant assassination bug' and post it in your stead? This may be a possible solution to this bug until you get back to mission making.

The first few seconds I get to play are the best I have spent in a while with that incredible atmosphere you created. I suppose I could continue on and do the extraction bit, but I would rather not spoil the meat of the mission. In any case, thanks for your awesome missions.

Thanks mate!!. As I said in a previous post I give my full permission for anybody who wants to publish a quick fix for this mission, I would be happy to include them in the credits for the mission as well.

Okay, I gave the target some ammo and he doesn't immediately kill himself anymore. The day version of the mission should be good to go now. Thanks to ss_viator for figuring out what was wrong.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ijoya31lzaj1n51

Unfortunately, I've run into a problem with the night mission. I don't know if this is just me, or if this happens to other people, so please let me know. The thermal weapon sights for the M107 and M110 don't work.

At first they just show a black screen, then when I hit the N key to toggle white hot/black hot I just get a flat white image. This only happens in Operation Cold Bore. TWS work on a pristine Namalsk map and on other islands. Dropping and then picking up the M107 didn't fix the problem either.

Here's a couple of screenshots to show you what I'm talking about.

coldboretwsbug.th.jpg

I've included the night mission with the ammo fix just in case anyone else wants to take a crack at it. Also, I'd love to have a non-ACE version of this. I have a few friends who are just getting into Arma 2 and are a bit leary of jumping right into the mod scene. They love sniper missions, however, and this would be perfect for them.

Would I just have to remove the ACE modules linked to the sniper and spotter, then remove any ACE references in their init fields, or is converting this to "vanilla" more complex?

Okay, I gave the target some ammo and he doesn't immediately kill himself anymore. The day version of the mission should be good to go now. Thanks to ss_viator for figuring out what was wrong...

Gonna send you a 5th of Crown! Thanks!

can you post that link again for the quick fix? It seems to be dead now.

This is single handedly the greatest sniper mission ever created, lots of room to work with, selection of weapons, a good briefing, and of course amazing atmosphere makes this a professional work. This is my guideline for my own mission making so thank you vicarious!

thank you Khugan, I didnt want to open it up myself and spoil all the fun of where all the patrols are situated.

this is the very best sniper/stealth mission ever created! hands down! sorry for necro-posting but i've just finished it and i had to say this. anyone who even contemplates about making his own mission should first play this one and see how it's done. fantastic! i wish Vicarious has more time to make some more.

Vicarious, or someone else, did you ever build a non-ACE version of this much appraised mission? Would love to try it out, cheers

-OP

Hi,

I've just downloaded and started the day mission (ACE)

I wonder whether there is the possibility to evade strongpoints at bridges or patrols on land stretches, just to know whether max realism is appliable, because swimming or going by boat in daylight or crawling on the shore (under a patrolling chopper) doesn't seem to me a sniper approach :D , so please,

which way am I missing to avoid confronting enemies through chokepoints?

thanks

I'm happily playing this, great mission - and Namalsk has such a fantastic athmosphere.

BTW, at mission doubleclick I get the error message: "Cannot open object dbe1\..\vez_svetla.p3d"... I think it's not a problem?

This is the mods I use with your mission:

BAF;PMC;ACR;@NamalskCrisis;@CBA_CO;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACR;@JSRS_ACE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@mycontrolmenu;@dfs_stanceindicator;@sthud;@st_bunnyhop;@zeu_ai_ace;@st_map_auto_brightness;@fullnvgoggles;@tao_foldmap

Hmm, I have massive problems with my AI buddy. I tell him to follow, he confirms, but always goes prone at the water observing a former target area. I switched team, took hinm out of water, but he goes back. WTF. I feel like killing him.