Sign in to follow this  
Vicarious

[SP/COOP2] Operation Cold Bore

Hi guys I'd like to announce the release of my third mission Operation Cold Bore

Untitled-1-1.png

You play as an elite Delta force Sniper team Deep behind Russian Lines on the Namalsk Islands to assassinate a Russian HVT. The mission was designed for single player but is also 2 player coop, and will work fine.

I have included two different versions of the mission a day version,and a Night version.. they have only small differences.

My mission features;

-ACE

-Random Starting Positions (3 different start points)

-DAGR GPS

-Weapon Selection from briefing screen

-Save via radio

-Detailed briefing including pictures

-Working task hints

-Both random and static AI patrols

-Heal via action menu

-Bullet Cam script

-Day and Night versions

Required Addons;

ARMA2 Combined Operations

ACE2

ACEX

CBA

NAMALSK

Recommended Addons;

Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular by Protegimus

Your favorite flavor sound mod :cool:

Change Log

v1.1

- Added missing snow and weather effects

- Added wider selection of weapons For the spotter

- Fixed SaveGame radio button not working

- Added/Tweaked OPFOR position

Notes

Although not required I fiercely recommend using Zeus AI Combat Skills & AI Spotting modular by Protegimus to increase immersion and help with the stealth recognition skills of the AI.

This mission was intended to be played stealthy not run and gun, It will require patience. Large number of enemy AI may decrease performance on low spec machines (quad core Recommended).

Can be completed firing only one shot.

Bullet cameras script can be enabled and disabled via radio button.

you can select from a large number of sniper rifles from the briefing screen

Download Link

MegaUpload

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ESMIW54U

Any Mirrors appreciated.

Credits and thanks;

Mission designed and tested by Vicarious

The entire ACE team

Bullet time script by Big Dawg KS

USPMON Patrol script by monsada and kronzky

Sumrak for the awesome Namalsk

members of the BI community and BI themselves

Armaholic and Strategy Informer for their mirrors.

Edited by Vicarious
Updated to v1.1

Looks great, was looking for some good ACE missions for OA. I've only played a few minutes but loving the desolate atmosphere - will finish it later, thank you.

I love the line in the briefing about both US and Russia trying to assassinate the target...intriguing!

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Also, I had forgotten how stunning Sumrak's Namalsk island is, sigh :inlove:

Edited by Mandrake5

Thanks mate, I forgot to ask people for feedback :rolleyes:, hope you enjoy the mission.

Again, a GREAT mission, Vicarious!

I have to admit that I never played on Namalsk, so the atmosphere really caught me! Very tenseful, especially in such a rough and cold weather.

Good mission, I really enjoyed it!! Thanks for your work!

I failed finishing it with only one shot. :D An enemy sniper team surprised us on the mountain west of the target and we had to waste some more bullets. :)

Then, trying to shoot the target, first I failed and needed around 4 rounds to kill him, so the enemies knew we were up there. A great feature was that that MI-17 went after us and even found us and killed us with his MG! :eek: Wow!

But then, after loading, I killed him with one round so that apparently no one knew we were there and we could evac without problems.

In total I found that it was pretty easy. On the other hand I moved very carefully and slowly, always checking if I was far away from a road or buildings... Maybe that was the reason why it was "easy" for me.

But nevertheless maybe you could put one or two snipers on the mountain south of the target as well, who make trouble for the player when he tries to exfiltrate.

The only enemies I saw was a patrol on the road, after crossing the bay with the boat ;) and the sniper team on the mountain (and the enemies in the base, of course).

Edited by Undeceived

Thanks guys, glad to see the mission is working as planned. Also thanks for the positive feedback I'll continue making missions and releasing them as long as people provide feedback.... I bet all other mission makers and modders think the same :cool:.

The mission is very dynamic and there are more than 200 enemy units on the map not including around 6 UAZ's the snipers and the choppers. Sometimes when i play this mission i see hardly anyone like you did and other times there can be much heavier resistance . It depends which spawn you get and which route you take. But ill keep in mind adding more enemy snipers.. ;). Thanks again and I'm Glad you enjoyed it.

Hey man if you update this can you please update the selection of weapons for the spotter? Specifically SD weapons with ranged optics such as the M4SD RCO.

Also, the radio save seemed to not work properly. We saved and my teammate(the sniper) walked straight into an enemy camp. I tried to save him but it was me vs. around 20 with zeus on while I was in a bad position. We tried to revert but when he pressed the revert button he had no save...?

Hey man if you update this can you please update the selection of weapons for the spotter? Specifically SD weapons with ranged optics such as the M4SD RCO.

Also, the radio save seemed to not work properly. We saved and my teammate(the sniper) walked straight into an enemy camp. I tried to save him but it was me vs. around 20 with zeus on while I was in a bad position. We tried to revert but when he pressed the revert button he had no save...?

No worries mate will update this mission sometime this week, I'll add more weapons for the spotter M4's and Scar's and there are a couple other things I'm going to add/change.

About the Save issue I'll have a look into this for you ... I know it works in SP I don't know about COOP as I strictly play Single player, But I'll have a look.

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

I have updated this mission to v1.1 check the change log above for what was changed.

I'm having some problems with namalsk, When I install namalsk I can hear the sound effects (From namalsk) in all of the Islands/Maps in the game, Anyone else have this issue ?

I'm using ArmA2:CO (Steam)

Im a little confused, this mission is for OA with the OA maps or do i need namalsk island?

Im a little confused, this mission is for OA with the OA maps or do i need namalsk island?

Required Addons;

ARMA2 Combined Operations

ACE2

ACEX

CBA

NAMALSK

Just curious if there will be a normal aka non-ACE'd variant? :)

Actually I was waiting to see if anyone was interested in this mission having a non ACE version, I'll tell you what if I get another 2 people asking for a Vanilla version then I will abide ;).

The reason I chose to use ace with this mission is mainly for the fact that BI m107 only zeros to 1200m and there aren't that many sniper rifles (and lets not forget the bi-pod support), although there are other reasons that's the main one I just believe it's a better platform for a "sniping "mission. I play it mission by mission, and will continue releasing missions that are dependent on nothing, some dependent on ACE and other addons although I'll always try to keep it to no more than 3 Addons (We have to support our addon makers).

So if anyone else wants to see a Non-Ace version let me know, And thanks again guys for the feedback everyone.

Imo ACE is what makes a lot of stuff beeeetttteeeer in any way, I could not live anymore without weapon resting, putting stuff on my back or having all the neat weapon adjustments.

Mission is hard as hell, but enjoying it mucho!

Question. Using OA, I have found that if I use NV goggles, I need a scope that is NV or TWS, right?

Before with Arma 2, I could using a regular scope and NV goggles.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I want to use a regular scope and NV goggles with SD, but your layout does not give me any of that.

Thanks for the hard work!

Mission is hard as hell, but enjoying it mucho!

Question. Using OA, I have found that if I use NV goggles, I need a scope that is NV or TWS, right?

Before with Arma 2, I could using a regular scope and NV goggles.

Has anybody else noticed this?

I want to use a regular scope and NV goggles with SD, but your layout does not give me any of that.

Thanks for the hard work!

First off thanks a bunch and I'm glad your enjoying it. secondly since OA introduced NV scopes and TWS scopes you are no longer able to simply turn on your NVG and have it still on when looking through a scope (sorry :()

If you want to though you could simply pick the M110 with the NV scope, or use the TWS version, I have a bunch of weapons to choose from at the briefing menu before you start the mission.

Anyways hope you enjoy it and thanks again.:cool:

First off thanks a bunch and I'm glad your enjoying it. secondly since OA introduced NV scopes and TWS scopes you are no longer able to simply turn on your NVG and have it still on when looking through a scope (sorry :()

If you want to though you could simply pick the M110 with the NV scope, or use the TWS version, I have a bunch of weapons to choose from at the briefing menu before you start the mission.

Anyways hope you enjoy it and thanks again.:cool:

OK, so, to make sure my brain understands.....

If I use TWS or NV scopes, I cannot be in NVG mode, correct?

Must turn off NVG mode when using those kinds of scopes, correct?

Thanks again for the hard work and efforts. Guys like you make buying the game so much worth it......and the time I loose playing it when my wife is begging me to come to bed and play...........:eek:

Could you please make an ACEless night version? Basically ACE is an FPS killer for me.

I'm having a problem with the objectives for this mission. Right at the very beginning of the mission the target somehow dies and all I'm left with is the extraction.

I have:

ArmA2 CO/BAF DLC all with most recent official patches

ACE2

ACEX

CBA

Namalsk

all with their most recent releases.

What is causing Col. Kurtz to die at the start? Is anyone else having this issue with all the most recent official patches and addons?

I'm having a problem with the objectives for this mission. Right at the very beginning of the mission the target somehow dies and all I'm left with is the extraction.

I have:

ArmA2 CO/BAF DLC all with most recent official patches

ACE2

ACEX

CBA

Namalsk

all with their most recent releases.

What is causing Col. Kurtz to die at the start? Is anyone else having this issue with all the most recent official patches and addons?

Hrmmm... are you running any other AI mods? if so disable them and try again. Also the mission was made quite some time ago and ACE has been updated quite a few time since the mission release so that could be the problem.

Also it may be the new Arma patches have changed something... my only theory is that because the col. is spawned at a custom height using "setPos" a patch or ACE update may have caused him to spawn to low (falling to his death) or too high resulting in the same thing.

I've been very busy and as such haven't been designing missions or playing much arma so I'm afraid i cant test this ATM. Although when i get a chance I'll give it a look. On the contrary it awesome to see people are still playing my missions!! I hope you can get it working mate :cool:

I turned off all other mods except the ones listed and still the target dies right at the very beginning. Maybe something changed in one of the patches or something.

I wish I could get this one working, I really love sniper and spec ops missions. Intelligence, stealth and cunning should always win out over an impatient enemy who's only real skill is youthful reflexes.