Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

ive started my own hand to hand combat style based off....

Demonstration Video

For those of you who don't know im a twenty year martial artist as of this year and i have created my own style adapted from experience based off of kenpo which is the japanese translation for chinese kung fu. I hope you're with me so far. I've also studied tae kwon do, which i started when i was nine, and at age thirteen kickboxing, boxing, kung fu, kenpo, some grappling, and a few weapons but i don't own any so i guess you could call this karate? I'm not sure what im going to call it yet. I guess for now you could call it my interpretation of kenpo. this video was recorded near january as of this month july i am 271 lbs, but i was 300 in the video because ive recently found a diet that works. ive outlined my entire style and diet and all this in a single document and i plan on going public with my findings. What do you think? want to see it? You think ill make it as a sifu?

For those of you who don't believe, please watch what should i call it? Could i get away with calling this kung fu or should i just call it kenpo?

Edited by BronzeEagle

My teacher would say its all wú, or wushu! ;) Nice demo, but I always wonder why so many martial arts lack proper evasive techniques instead of blocks which costs more energy.

My teacher would say its all wú, or wushu! ;) Nice demo, but I always wonder why so many martial arts lack proper evasive techniques instead of blocks which costs more energy.

In the kung fu i did, the blocks served to deflect the energy from its target. Which, done right, is pretty easy and along with some foot work very rewarding against an unbalanced punch :)

I noticed in 04.22 when you do this elbow-shoulder thing, you practically expose your head, there is no block up there and your opponent has a right fist ready to hit you in a face.

ANyways good luck with it. If you're a martial artist you probably should know this book - Jeet Kune Do : Bruce Lee's Commentaries on the Martial Way . If you dont go get it, it is a must!

http://www.allbrucelee.com/book/jeetkunedo.htm

I demand less math and more fighting.

Also the first thing you do learn in Wing Tsun is keeping your head back (the General always stays behind his troops [i.e. your fists] as our Sifu´s liked to tell).

PS: Second video delivered more fighting, well done :thumb_down:

Nice demo? I only see an overweight guy who doesn't even seems to be able to get his foot in the height of his chest and who gets out of breath after moving around a bit. I definitly don't see years of martial arts experience here. Yes, of course it somehow is an own style but that's simply because you can't do it better and nobody else with a bit knowledge, training and experience would do it this way. Watching the first video I felt more reminded of one of these backyard bare knuckle fights then anything related to martial arts.

Watching the first video I felt more reminded of one of these backyard bare knuckle fights then anything related to martial arts.

His face reminded me instantly of Kimbo Slice :D

This looks more like a circus than a serious fighting demonstration.

They look out of place.

Nice demo? I only see an overweight guy who doesn't even seems to be able to get his foot in the height of his chest and who gets out of breath after moving around a bit. I definitly don't see years of martial arts experience here. Yes, of course it somehow is an own style but that's simply because you can't do it better and nobody else with a bit knowledge, training and experience would do it this way. Watching the first video I felt more reminded of one of these backyard bare knuckle fights then anything related to martial arts.

Well I don't really know anything about material arts but given his size, trying to apply a style designed by and for a skinny flexible person, I think will bring him at a disadvantage?

STGN

[what should i call it? Could i get away with calling this kung fu or should i just call it kenpo?

Well your fighting backround looks like a mixed bag so why not just call it MMA -Mixed Martial Arts :)

You should go into the circus with that.

I mean, its all fine but the most time you was resting, but you were out of breath.

I would just run circles around you and wait like 2 minutes before you are useless because you are out of power.

Circus jokes aside, you really do need to get your conditioning up. No matter how strong you are, once you get super winded in a competition, your mind panics and wants to shut your body down.

With 13 years in the strength and conditioning industry, I would highly recommend you get on an anaerobic conditioning routine ie... sprints; hill push; tire flips; jump rope routines used with very little rest to upgrade your capacity. Oh, and 30 minutes of live grappling is a good supplement :p

I would just run circles around you and wait like 2 minutes before you are useless because you are out of power.

Dont forget throwing random objects and verbal obscenities. Its part of the fun.

@OP; Whatever you do, dont end up like this. ;)

Yeah, them cigarettes are keeping me down as well:).

remember guys: im not narcisistic, im not trying to be the best fighter, im training to learn how to win if the fight ever comes.

its working for me though, i weighed 300 lbs in that video and now im 268 plus i haven't lost a fight since i was twelve, so the proof speaks for itself, unless you'd like to come prove it doesn't. Till then.....

34630_131730373525446_100000654516213_212634_6393337_s.jpg

"You must learn to face an enemy that insults you and harrasses you and oppresses you and provokes you into attacking, then pretends its

defending itself, to turn others against you, i have faced this enemy many times." -Bowery Baker

Edited by BronzeEagle

"You must learn to face an enemy that insults you and harrasses you and oppresses you and provokes you into attacking, then pretends its

defending itself, to turn others against you, i have faced this enemy many times." -Bowery Baker

This quote is gibberish. The best would be to not attack then, don't you think?

so i should believe im a loser because you all are telling me i am, even though im winning all my fights? oh now i see your logic. keep scoring major points in the video game world guys. :D

Edited by BronzeEagle

to turn others against you

But then the others would come at me too!

im not saying you fight, im saying this is what an enemy does, thats the point of the quote, you, putting your own answer to it, is filling the cup, when you are supposed to keep it empty. Mushin = empty mind. Had you known this at the time i gave you the quote you would be ready to accept it, but you think you are smarter than me, when you are ignorant to the ways of budo. Admit this to me and i will teach you. Deny this truth and you are lost. Think of this, how can one fill his mind, when his mind is already full? Never befriend someone with no value for human life.

Edited by BronzeEagle

"It is hard to fill a cup that is already full" etc...

I can draw two conclusions from your posts:

1) You feel that you have something to prove.

2) You shouldn't be a practicing martial artist.

Comments like "I'm winning all my fights" and talking about fighting since age 12 are not things I would expect to see from anyone commited to "the ways of budo" as you put it. If you really were then you wouldn't be posting about your "new fighting style" on a video game forum to gain some kind of validation for your dodgy hand to hand techniques.

For your body type I would recommend getting in close and making it a wrestling match if you get into a fight. You most likely have weight on your side and perhaps strenght aswell. Turn the fight in your favour and dont try to do some kung fu stuff with the body type you have at the moment. If a skinny guy with a kickboxing style was to fight you I think you would have serious problems if you kept the fight standing. If you rush him and take him to the gound you will most likely be able to control him and from there its all your fight. Dont underestimate the usefulness of putting your whole weight on the guy. Not being able to breathe properly has a serious effect on stamina and may cause panic (and no, Im not taking a piss, this is a good thing to keep in mind even if you are the same weight).

If you do this for fun just keep it up and dont get into fights. If someone wants to fight you for fun or for whatever reason try to keep it on grass or something so noone cracks a skull.

^^Everything above.

I just had another look through the video. Your fighting style employs the elbow to deflect strikes and the shoulder to absorb them. This is great if your opponent is just some dirty street fighter but if they know what they are doing then you could be in for some serious trouble. I noticed several points in the demo where your opponent could have struck straight up into your unprotected face while you were trying to deflect his attack with your elbow. The best plan is just to not get hit at all or just not even have the fight.

If you are forced into confrontation then your best bet is get them on the ground and use your size to your advantage. Remember as someone once said "the floor is like a distant aunt. Visit once in a while and be comfortable around it and then all is well. If you don't give it the attention it deserves it will suddenly come to see you one day without warning and everything will go horribly wrong." ... That's paraphrasing a bit but it's the general idea anyway.

Also Ingwiper, glad you're not "taking a piss"... That would make posting on a forum at the same time pretty difficult no?

Also Ingwiper, glad you're not "taking a piss"... That would make posting on a forum at the same time pretty difficult no?
...ass ;)

"It is hard to fill a cup that is already full" etc...

I can draw two conclusions from your posts:

1) You feel that you have something to prove.

2) You shouldn't be a practicing martial artist.

Comments like "I'm winning all my fights" and talking about fighting since age 12 are not things I would expect to see from anyone commited to "the ways of budo" as you put it. If you really were then you wouldn't be posting about your "new fighting style" on a video game forum to gain some kind of validation for your dodgy hand to hand techniques.

Sure, no "true" fighter would ever be aggressive and start a fight by himself! Nor would he be dragged into a fight! Thats the only way of budo!

...wake up! Damn hippies...! FPDR