Sign in to follow this  
wtfrob

Strange graphics problem

The only problem I've had with this game is on the mission briefing screen during single missions or campaigns.  I'm not sure at what point in v1.20 this started happening.  The graphics seem blown up slightly so that I can't see the whole screen - the left half of the briefing (or gear, etc.) is missing.

I tried re-installing the program with no luck.  Then, last night I re-installed Windows 98SE and that corrected the problem - until I loaded the 1.30 patch and then the problem came back.

Here's my rig:  Athlon 1600XP, Epox 8Hka+, 256K DDR Ram, GeForce3 TI-200, DirectX 8.0, etc.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

You can move and resize that briefing / notepad thing. With your maouse click and drag it to any point on your screen you like. Double click on it and it will switch between two different sizes. This is true with all the items on that screen.

Hope that helps and that I understood your problem. GOOD LUCK!

256K? Oops - of course I meant 256Mb. Unfortunately, I'm old enough to remember when 16K was plenty.

Anyway, my problem seems to have cleared on its own. Don't know how, but I'm not gonna worry about it.

256K of ram........

heheheh

Wonder if OFP could render 1 frame an hour with that much RAM