Sign in to follow this  
charon productions

Charon Urban Pack

I had made this for Arma1, but never found the time to add the objects that i still wanted in there.

Since many people wrote me about a possible release of this, i decided to release it as it is instead of it sitting on the hard drive.

The config has been adapted for Arma2, but a few models don´t work because they would need some work in oxygen for Arma2.

Keep in mind this is really beta and not perfect, but maybe inspiring to anyone.

shad1.jpg

urbanpack1.jpg

urbanpack2.jpg

urbanpack3.jpg

It would be really great if some island makers would make a north american style island

or other object creators making more objects, so a nice looking american city can be created.

List of objects:

LAND_CHN_SkyScr1

LAND_CHN_SkyScr2

LAND_CHN_SkyScr5

LAND_CHN_SkyScr12

LAND_CHN_OldHouse1

LAND_CHN_Residence1

LAND_CHN_Residence2

LAND_CHN_Residence7

LAND_CHN_Residence9

LAND_CHN_Warehouse2

LAND_CHN_Brewery

LAND_CHN_SkyScr6

LAND_CHN_SkyScr8

LAND_CHN_SkyScr3

LAND_CHN_SkyScr4

LAND_CHN_StSign1

LAND_CHN_TrafficL1

LAND_CHN_TrafficL2

LAND_CHN_TrafficL3

LAND_CHN_Letterbox

LAND_CHN_Busstop

LAND_CHN_Phonebooth

DOWNLOAD LINKS: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11459

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=news&id=4507&game=1

http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6cyhi

Edited by Charon Productions

I'm astunned. Now we have asian, african, american, european style buildings,

so many, its up to the mappers to make use of it now.

This is awesome, I hope to see some maps made with it. Hopefully this, along with the US building pack I think Fox was working on, maybe some great US maps will be released.

Indeed, very nice. Now it won't be long before we have western-style city maps :)

Finally! Now someone can build a huge metropolis!!!!!! Also where did you get the police cars in that first picture?

Finally! Now someone can build a huge metropolis!!!!!! Also where did you get the police cars in that first picture?

Sigma Vehicle Pack, also ported for ArmA2.

Very nice to see urban building models, thanks Charon! Maybe we'll see an "american city-like" map soon thanks to this.

This pack needs to be put on Armaholic.

It´s up there.

What are anyone´s suggestions for additional urban objects?

Erm, a Subway ;)

Great buildings btw. Exactly what we needed, superb!

It´s up there.

What are anyone´s suggestions for additional urban objects?

Maybe just more buildings, i.e. residential complexes with a dingy feel, semi-modern offices, and then those really ultra, post-modern skyscrapers (like the ones in New York that are made completely of glass and have interesting shapes)? Or maybe some kind of city plaza or shopping area?

Either way, this addon already brings a ton of new awesomeness to ArmA. Thank you and keep up the excellent work! :yay:

Some sort of shopping mall + your zombie mod = win. That's always an idea for a new model/set of models :)

Okay thanks for the suggestions.

Modelling is a tough job, so malls and so on do take time.

Does anyone have Arma1 still installed and has access to

the signs.pbo? I need one texture to convert it to Arma2.

Maybe someone knows how to fix this issue:

In Bulddozer the object is correctly textured, but ingame it shows up

with only 1 texture all over it ?!?!

newspaperbulldozer.jpg

newspaperingame.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Some more pics of objects that i found from Arma1 :

5 different US-sidewalks :

sidewalk.jpg

Parkmeter:

parkmeter.jpg

Potential suggestion for improvement: revise the building destruction so that the "destroyed" buildings aren't sticking out of the ground at half of their original height?

This could potentially be an A2 engine limitation that I'm neglecting here, so I loosely suggest that improvement.

The Arma2 handling of destroyed building is basically a replacement with a "ruin model", which would necessitate me making such a ruin model for every house. For now it will have to do the way it is unfortunately.

For anyone interested, i have tracked down this texture error.

In Arma1 you could use the thing class and have several textures on the

object. In Arma2 (it seems, but it might be my chain of work : Maya->Oxygen)

whenever you use the "Thing" class for your object the textures wont all show up, but the object will be textured with only one texture.

I wanted to have the letterbox, newspaperbox to be "Thing" so they can be pushed and fall down whicg would be realistic, but if i dont find a workaround for this texture bug i must make them "House" classes. :(

EDIT: To be correct, i want to point out that i could fix it, the config needs to adhere to the thing definition exactly as in the stock Arma2 CA config , so by adding :

class LAND_CHN_Parkbench : Thing {

icon = "iconStaticObject";

accuracy = 0.005000;

destrType = "DestructTree";

cost = 10;

picture = "pictureStaticObject";

scope = 2;

displayName="Parkbench";

model = "\CHN_UrbanPack\models\CHN_Parkbench.p3d";

simulation = "thing";

animated = 0;

vehicleClass = "CHN_URP";

};

i could fix it. (I had animated = 1; before, which is directly the cause for the texture bug)

if you're interested i could send you some signs etc that my modeler did for the us building pack. They were made in 3ds and converted to p3d, no work done on them apart from assigning textures.

The Arma2 handling of destroyed building is basically a replacement with a "ruin model", which would necessitate me making such a ruin model for every house. For now it will have to do the way it is unfortunately.

Sorry mate, what I meant to ask was whether or not it was possible to have the buildings sink further into the ground or whether there was, say, an A2 limitation as to how far down models can be inserted into the ground.

Hello! good job on it, i remember at ofp, crime city life be very nice to play like a rpg, finaly i decide to start learning how to create island, i will try to create a modern small island soon, with new building and object, thats a big project.

Anyway it is posible to send me unbinarize p3d file please to work on your model, i will put a credit from you in the readme, and when i share it on armacolic etc...

P.s. if somone are interesting about my mod actualy try to made, just send me a mail, hight skill only, texturer, modder, and scripting guys...I will open a new threads soon, with screenshot, when i have done more job on the mod.

Shame that no map maker has used these models yet for their maps. Arma 2 really needs some Western Urban maps!

Something on the scale of Starlight City from OFP