Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

First downloadable oxygen add on

Great!

These are also good news:

"FlipeR from NatoSoldier.com informed us, that they resolved the well known Muzzle Flash bug. It's because of missing class in CPP. More at NatoSoldier.com ...

"

I repeat.

Oxygen

Symbol: O

Atomic Number: 8

Atomic Mass: 15.9994 amu

Melting Point: -218.4 °C (54.750008 °K, -361.12 °F)

Boiling Point: -183.0 °C (90.15 °K, -297.4 °F)

Number of Protons/Electrons: 8

Number of Neutrons: 8

Classification: Non-metal

Crystal Structure: Cubic

Density @ 293 K: 1.429 g/cm3

Color: colorless

Anyone get it to work yet?

I just stuck it in my addons folder, dont know where to get it when I go to mission editor though :S

Just tested it;

it works without problems, although it´s basically an AT-gun for direct fire on point targets rather than arty. For Arty fire support to work properly someone would need to implement a system to fire via coordinates, map or radio input for example, an according optic for the gun is also necessary so you get a good idea where the shells are going in. The trajectory would need to be adjusted, so that projectiles are flying in a very bend arc rather than straight with a max range of ca. 12 Km in OFP.

m101a1.jpg

Rgr that, I got it working, not too bad but you dont generally point and shoot artillery..

ya, this addon seems to have some bugs yet... as you can see on the bottom of chickenhawk´s lastest screenshot, the gun is handled as m113, which makes the gunner invulnerable. wink.gif

plus ai wont hit moving targets with it. biggrin.gif

ok it aint handled as m113, radio voice tells "2 get in machine gun" but the gunner is still invulnerable biggrin.gif

I don't think a system of coordinates or map is needed.

Simply make it so that in Optical view, the gunner sees a vertical and hotizontal scale. The horizontal would have headings from 0-360 (just like tank commander sees), and the vertical scale would have in crements in height, showing you how far the shell will impact at that particular angle, such as 25* (* is for defrees) - 4500 meters, and such.

Once pointed, you could just exit out of the Optical view and fire away, not having to worry about moving it accidently.

BTW Can you give me a direct link to the download ? that Czech site seems to be down for me.

Or just try empty M101A1 if you want west or east to use it.

Here is an interesting one.

Set up four empty guns on the desert Island on top of a hill at one end on the forward slope

Put in your self as an officer and four normal soldiers next to them.

Now insert an enemy infantry squad at greater than 500 metres away out on the plane, place move waypoint on them with combat mode set and formation as line. Next place a second waypont for the enemy squad over your guns set to seek and destroy.

Now copy the squad and waypoints about 20 times so you have a mass infantry attack heading for you.

When you play tell you soldiers to hold fire and assign each of your soldiers to a cannon. Now select each soldier / gunner and press 6 then 1 to switch to heat ammo.

Kneel or lay down up slope of your artilery, get out your binoculars and act as observer for your artilery. When the enemy is 500 metres sellect all you troups and press 3 then one to open fire. Spot for you artilery as required.

Enjoy the carnage! That is why artilery is queen of the battle field.

20 squads wiped out not one got within 200 metres.

Now all we need is methods to deal with it over a hill from its reverse slope.

Well, for being made with Oxygen this isnt too great of an addon. For anyone who didnt notice, it isnt even a new model. The model is the static artillery from the game. All they did was add the turning animation and it uses the same cannon as the m60.

Nothing to be too excited about, but hey, at least weve got some Oxygen and can breath now.

How do I get addon to work?DO I place the file in addons folder?After that how do I get it to work?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Enjoy the carnage! That is why artilery is queen of the battle field.

<span id='postcolor'>

Almost. Artillery is King of Battle.

"Oh hello hello infantry,

Queen of battle, follow me

the infantry's the life for me,

cuz nothing in this world is free."

Very nice.

Duke_of_Ray, yes. Paste the .pbo into addons then from the mission editor you'll find it (m101a1 ) as 'armoured' in either the empty or resistance sections.

It does need a bit of work. The ammo indicator vanishes before reload is done so you have no ready to fire indicator plus you can pick up grenades from it which seems a bit strange. However if you use it as an anti-tank gun it makes a very nice new toy for the resistance. Not too powerful but very effective in a battery.

I look forward to seeing more like this soon. Much more fun than just reskinning the same old same old.

It's is so sweet biggrin.gif

Would be amazing in multiplayer stoping soft targets or having it on top of a hill hitting targets.

There are two down sides to it though:

1) can't be moved around with a jeep or truck (but I know it will happen in due time)

2) when it explodes it explodes killing everyone around it and  

then some (I thought it would not create an explosion so I was there with an m16 shoting at it and then all of the sudden bbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmm I found my self 10-15 meters away from it)

can we put it into multiplayer if everyone else has one?

I congradulate you on giving it to the resistance smile.gif

and keep up the great work