Sign in to follow this  
danny96

A few ideas to upgrade ARMA II CO

Thats OFDR's limitations. And I don't get what you mean by

Where tanks are drived, gunned and commanded by only 1 unit?

and

with no possibilities to change behavior multiple times...

Plus, coding everything isnt so bad. Since OFDR uses lua, which is very much alike to other languages its easy to pick up. Just the game doesn't complement the editor.

ArmA III needs a proper full editor, like OFDR's, except without OFDR attached to it, and its limitations.

To save units, because of the 64 unit cap you can set 1 ai per tank. Think youre sooo familiar with the opfdr supereditor?

My god, "ragdoll" and "OFP: DR" in the same post is a little too much for me.

That said, I agree with Ben_S that ArmA2 editor could be upgraded a little bit to be more newcomer friendly (chosing any units gear or any vehicle crew without code would be nice).

The "ragdoll" is on the most of the new games. So why not in ARMA??

Discussed to death already. Ragdoll is a random effect since it's based on physics. Clients will get different end results. Too much bandwidth required to keep sending updated information from a server based calculation. When you take cover behind a fallen one (important in a feature less landscape like those usually found in this game), that fallen one won't be in the same location and/or pose as on your machine. Will just look weird.

Another example thread of sickening flaming of a guy who clearly does not know whats going on. Give him a break, he obviously is trying the deep end in the game world and he needs a little help. There is no need for useless junk like "because she's 14 and its cool".

Another example thread of sickening flaming of a guy who clearly does not know whats going on. Give him a break, he obviously is trying the deep end in the game world and he needs a little help. There is no need for useless junk like "because she's 14 and its cool".

read the whole thread, that was the last post. The others are filled with arguments.

And doublecheck the opfdr com, thats all you need to know. She needs no help, she is resistant against help

read the whole thread, that was the last post. The others are filled with arguments.

And doublecheck the opfdr com, thats all you need to know. She needs no help, she is resistant against help

I dont care about arguments, I CARE ABOUT FLAMING. Its when useless attacks against people are made. There is no reason for it...

I dont care about arguments...

Then i dont care about your opinion...

Arma 2 would be perfect if there is same "ragdoll" style as GTA IV, because it looks stupid when i over driver enemy soldiers. Vehicle is just pushing them forward. :D

yeah.i really would like to see the fact we finally can shoot as passangers from the littlebirds!

:thumb::shoot: