Sign in to follow this  
danny96

A few ideas to upgrade ARMA II CO

- Ability to shooting from motorcycle or from other cars in passengers seat.

- Ai will disembark from motorcycles or will shoot if they will have near enemy.

- Ragdoll bodies

Editor upgrade

- Choosing ammo and weapons to units

- Editor in 3D

- Place object in the fly

- you'll can place only empty cars and then "attach" infantry to them (see OFDR editor) (SEE IMAGE!)

ARMA II editor is worse than OFDR editor so the new editor in ARMA II will be good!

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/9857/ithinkthis.png

Edited by danny96

Get the picture down to 100kb before the moderators see it.

- Ability to shooting from motorcycle or from other cars in passengers seat.

You wont see that in any other product from BI than VBS2

- Ai will disembark from motorcycles or will shoot if they will have near enemy.

hmmm

- Ragdoll bodies

no TY

Editor upgrade

- Choosing ammo and weapons to units

There is already a thread about this, maybe use search function next time

- Editor in 3D

Already in, but not in a finished state.

- Place object in the fly

Whatever flies your boat, since i have no idea what the hell you mean..

- you'll can place only empty cars and then "attach" infantry to them (see OFDR editor)

Why would anyone want that?

ARMA II editor is worse than OFDR editor so the new editor in ARMA II will be good!

LOL, give me a break...isn't...that game...DEAD yet?

As a general rule, before suggesting stuff, i would get acquainted with A2 editor..

Whatever flies your boat, since i have no idea what the hell you mean..

Place object in the fly:

Place helicopter eg. in 100m or 600m or place vehicle on the building etc...

Firing from motorcycle is good idea i think!

The soldiers on motorcycles are very useless because they are very powerless. And it's not real, if you can't shoot from motorcycles or passengers seats.

Ragdoll bodies

What do you mean with that "no TY" ??

Ragdoll bodies are just small good addition...

Placing empty cars and then infantry to them

This is useful because in ARMA II editor you can't put infantry into empty car.

Editor in 3D

I know about 3D editor in ARMA II (Alt+E in main menu) but is very weird and undoned, you can't place soldiers etc...

OFDR is good game too, because have the good editor, but campaign is very hard...

Place object in the fly:

Place helicopter eg. in 100m or 600m or place vehicle on the building etc...

Try VTS missions, or the 3d editor

The soldiers on motorcycles are very useless because they are very powerless. And it's not real, if you can't shoot from motorcycles or passengers seats.

useless, you wouldnt hit anything, like in real life. (when i drive a motorcycle you wont be able to shoot or sit in the back without holding )

What do you mean with that "no TY" ??

Ragdoll bodies are just small good addition...

ragdoll is an arcade hollywood shit feature, ever seen a guy get shot?

Noone is flying around when i shot him, no matter what caliber....

Much more death animations for every movement and speed would be a nicer solution.

This is useful because in ARMA II editor you can't put infantry into empty car.

Sure i can place empty vehicles and put any inf in it....

Seems you have no clue how the editor works...

I know about 3D editor in ARMA II (Alt+E in main menu) but is very weird and undoned, you can't place soldiers etc...

Try vts

OFDR is good game too, because have the good editor, but campaign is very hard...

opdr is a big fail

-100m engagements

-64 entities

-unrealistic vehicles (unguided rockets only for attack choppers)

-4 man against the whole chineese army

-dump ai which hit nothing

-editor sucks, because you cant do half of the things you can do with the bis editor

-engine sucks (you cant hide because all stuff you could hide in like bushes and rocks dissapear before the inf at range) no destructable things (tanks cant drive over trees)

and much much more things

opfdr is the biggest shit i ever played

Edited by Pain0815

Danny, I'd suggest you take a look into an editor-guide because everything except the motorcycle part and the ragdoll physics are already in game/possible. For some of your wanted actions you'll simply have to put the right commands in the init line of a unit (f.e. "this moveindriver vehiclename") and others are simply avaible by a single click in the editor (f.e. already flying helicopters or placing in larger radiuses).

I think the motorcyle/shooting out of vehicle idea would be a great addition but ragdoll is definitly not needed. I really don't want to see dead enemy bodies rolling down 500m hills or what ever.

Danny, I'd suggest you take a look into an editor-guide because everything except the motorcycle part and the ragdoll physics are already in game/possible. For some of your wanted actions you'll simply have to put the right commands in the init line of a unit (f.e. "this moveindriver vehiclename") and others are simply avaible by a single click in the editor (f.e. already flying helicopters or placing in larger radiuses).

I think the motorcyle/shooting out of vehicle idea would be a great addition but ragdoll is definitly not needed. I really don't want to see dead enemy bodies rolling down 500m hills or what ever.

yeah I know about init. scripts but why can't be normally in the unit info?

No need for scripts, just use the initline in the editor.

Get a guide and practice some months, then come back and tell us things which are better in opfdr...

yeah I know about init. scripts but why can't be normally in the unit info?

If you want all possible actions and stuff in the unit info then you have a pop up menue which contains millions of things. Its much easier with the initline or scripts.

Or just go to armaholic and use scripts and templates from others for your pourposes.

Edited by Pain0815

I was trying to figure out why danny was so clueless as to what he was talking about with the editor and etc....and then i read his name and it all made sense.

MASSIVE FAIL

This

Like others have said, learn a bit more about the BIS editor before you start requesting changes to it.

Shooting from bikes or cars should be implemented but everything else you have requested is either in the game already or pointless.

Ragdoll bodies are unrealistic. The human body doesn't die instantly and go limp the nanosecond it receives a fatal wound.

anyone knows how to do ragdoll bodies?

I was trying to figure out why danny was so clueless as to what he was talking about with the editor and etc....and then i read his name and it all made sense.

omg you are so right! :D lol

@danny96: there is no way to make bodies in ArmA to use ragdoll as it would require an adapted engine...

If you want those features that badly I think Crysis is the perfect game for you :cool:

@Crierd

fuck you what do you have against my nick??!!

@EricM

yes, it's complex in all ways :D

anyone knows how to do ragdoll bodies?

yes, but not possible on A2...

Ok, before anyone bashes me for this. I am very used to the arma2 editor dating back to CWC working with the original OFP editor.

But it really does need some features that ofpdr editor did have. The game was pretty bad and we all were hoping for more, forget the game. But the editor is a very strong part of it. Belive me, you have alot more options over the mission without scripting in OFDR editor than you do ArmA II Editor. The only problem with the OFDR editor is how complex it can be to start out with. Which is a major downfall.

Basicly, both mission editors are good. Even though ArmA II is a better game, OFDR certainly has a higher-grade editor.

The only thing I didn't like about OFDR editor was "starting game". As long as it's a standalone application, it can be as good or bad as you want it to. Arma uses its own engine to provide the editor, so it immediately becomes simpler and harder to make the dialogs. But the mission start is instant. I would want the much more modern OFDR interface, but I'm not willing to sacrifice the startup time to get it. Starting up Arma and loading its addons can take a considerable amount of time, especially if it is installed on a conventional drive (I'm on raptor myself, and even that is slow, especially when DRM is running).

so ARMA II can't have ragdoll bodies like in OFDR...

I more like ARMA II but I love some of the OFDR editor functions like the undo redo functions, mounting/dismounting people from/to cars, more ranks, changing color schemes of editor, setting the height of objects.

Next OFDR advantages: Very good reloading anims, helicopter controlling is more simple than in ARMA II, bigger character graphics, helicopters didn't explode immiedately if they sink under water, helicopter can lost propeller and better sounds (like: if you crash, if you bump with car...).

But ARMA II have this advantages: Editor: Simple mission saving, Editor is in game engine not standalone, setting health, fuel and damage factors, you can set units in formation, or in fly. Game: Graphics, more detailed cars, more vehicles, weapons, more realism, mod support, civilian cars, civilians, animals. But have some bugs:

Edited by danny96

helicopter controlling is more simple than in ARMA II

And...that's a good thing?

If anything, it's too simple in ArmA II. I can't possibly think of how you could make it simpler, while retaining the freedom that ArmA gives you in terms of flight dynamics? Collective, cyclic and anti-torque pedals...

...be thankful you aren't governing the RPM of the helo or trimming it.

I find the OFDR editor a brilliantly simple tool. Yet, allowing you to script very simpy too, from within the editor. Ive had much experience with both editors, and overall I do prefer the OFDR one. Anyways, offtopic a bit. Did you know codemasters is making a new OFP?? I wonder if they cock this one up too

And yes, simpler flight mechanics isnt good. ArmA really needs to have some kind of "flight mode" for when flying, like make everything on ground have really low LOD when up high. And give you a long, clear draw distance. So airbattles are much better. At the moment they are lacking.

What ArmA III really needs, is when you go above XXX meters, the area below you is almost totaly gone, you can just see contours in ground and the colour, plus any dense cities, but you get very very long drawdistance and blue skies, so its much better for flying. But, I will stick to Lock On when I want to fly a plane. :p

Edited by Ben_S

I find the OFDR editor a brilliantly simple tool. Yet, allowing you to script very simpy too, from within the editor. Ive had much experience with both editors, and overall I do prefer the OFDR one. Anyways, offtopic a bit. Did you know codemasters is making a new OFP?? I wonder if they cock this one up too

OFP 3? Hmm...

They will probs cock it up. Guess who was put in charge. Sion Lenton.... Its going down-hill for sure. Unless codemasters gets their act together, puts devs on the forum and go all out. Its not even going to be worth the OFP name, like Dragon Rising was.

Hey, I now played ARMA II CO and I noticed that Ai can put down pistol, I don't know how?? I know that you can put down rifle (2x Ctrl) but pistol? (berreta, glock 17...)

And OFDR isn't bad game, but it's not simulator, but the next COD :D

EDIT: Because we're offtopic I renamed the title

Edited by danny96

Yea, OFDR may not be a simulator, but its still much better than say COD. If i had to pick between Mw2 and OFDR, I would go for OFDR. But obviously, I would go for ArmA II over everything, if only my computer could run ArmAII as it can OFDR. :(

NO. not ofp3, Dragon Rising 2

I'm still confused as to why you want ragdoll bodies when they don't behave that way in rl.

Because shes 14 and its cool :rolleyes:

You want really a editor where you need to put a echelon over units so that they can react? with no possibilities to change behavior multiple times...

Where you can place 64 units max? Where tanks are drived, gunned and commanded by only 1 unit?

Where you can place no additional stuff like buildings (towns), woods or anything other than units?

Where you have to code every shit?

pff...