Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

June 2000 ~ april 24, 2002

well. this might not be the best place to talk about it, but my sister's cat died yesterday. it has been sick for awhile, and we made appointment to vet for Friday. But yesterday we decided to take it to vet today after seeing it getting worse.

but too late. when my mother and I got back from work, we found our cat lying quietly, not reacting to our calls. Then it struck us that the cat has died.

it died in his favorite sleeping spot, and i have no idea how peaceful his last moments were. but i know that the cat died alone, and although i was the one infamily opposing adoption, i feel terrible.

i also regret that i never patted him while he was alive.

all i can hope is that his soul may reside in heaven.

Another poor cat, like Wobble`s girlfriend`s cat...

You have my sympathy, Ralph!

If our family cat would die, I`d also feel terrible.

I had like 3 cats die over the years, all of them were adopted stray cats that I fed and eventually let sleep in my house over the winter.  All these cats would just leave one day and never come back, they'd go off and die somewhere. It's pretty hard when you're a kid and you go walk around your neighborhood looking for your cat, checking the streets to see if there's a stain, clump of fur, or something that might be your cat. I now have one cat that I've had for 15 years, and it's getting older and not so healthy anymore.

-=Die Alive=-

yes sad to hear ralph but be happy in the thought that a cat is not a pet kept by someone, a cat will decide where it lives, if it dont like its home it just ups and offs to somewhere else. Your cat died in his favorite sleeping spot, his most secure place on cat earth which was in your house.

I have never seen a board with so many cat people (not a bad thing just unexpected)

NOTE: I have 2 of them

What the heck is the matter with you people, I really can't understand people who cry when their house pet dies. It's depressing, but be really sad? Well.. Maybe it's because I've had FRIENDS instead of animals.

A cat had for like 10 or 11 years got sick on christmas,the cat was puking up green stuff,anyways take him to the vet the next day ,they take his blood.Gotta wait for 24 hours for the blood test,anyways next day blood test came back and all his organs were shutting down ,soo we just put him to sleep other then let him suffer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Amiros @ April 25 2002,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What the heck is the matter with you people, I really can't understand people who cry when their house pet dies. It's depressing, but be really sad? Well.. Maybe it's because I've had FRIENDS instead of animals.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you ever had a pet?

Thank most of you guys for offering condolences...

This morning, mother and I took cat's body to nearest Humane Society, and did some paper work, and handled the box containing him to the worker.

It was really tough, becuase this was the final farewell.

Mother cried while she was describing the cat's colors and age and so on, and later cried again when the society's worker held the box in her hand.

This was the last farewell, and my mother caressed outside of the box and said 'Good bye' to cat.

as the worker started to walk away, my mother would just watch the worker carry away box, and when the worker turned corner, she walked over to the corner to see our cat finally leaving us for good.

I didn't feel like going to classes today, but I went anyway, but decided to skip first class. Then, I managed to stay through my second class, but I barely paid attention to lecture, but was constantly thinking of our cat, that he is no longer with us, and that I had no chance to show how i liked him. I should have been nicer to him, but I guess you regret after holding your affection to him, and realize that there are no more chances to show it.

Right now, it's late at night, and I managed to get myself some composure.

But when I first walked into dark house, after classes, it felt so terrible. Cat would usually come out. Not anymore. Felt so lonely.

Again, I'd like to thank most of you for soothing me.

Yeah, there's a famous saying which goes 'you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone'.

Anyway, I can imagine how you feel. Take care.

Heads up, there are always better times coming! Enduring losses is unfortunately a lesson in the school of life...

Already told you guys in the other thread about our poor little cat that we had to put to sleep on Tuesday. Now we are down to four cats. What is it with forum members and dying cats this week? You guys need to quit whacking off. (see other thread for clarification)

I have two cats to look after. I'm not sure what would happen without them. I have looked after them all through my childhood now & they are over 10yrs old, they are continuelly checked up on. They have really come part of the family. Pets are a great thing as not only do they provided unconditional love, they teach many lessons to life.

*rant mode off*

Stupid Pet stories

1. A sad but true story

One of my cousins took their dog to the dentist to check the dogs teeth. The dentist gave too much tranquilliser & killed the dog sad.gif .

maybe some more stories later smile.gif

sory for bumping this topic, but i guess i'll use this thread for personal therapy.

it's been nearly 3 days since my sister's cat bid farewell, and i think i'm getting over it. It seems like this was the fate. We are set to move to new house in 4weeks and more i think about this, it seems like whoever was upthere(god) thought that we should have some good time with him b4 we make transition to our new lives.

Mt sister is still depressed about loss, but i'm getting over it better i guess. I was at work today, and my co-worker played some songs that depressed me and asked her to turn it off. i just couldn't get myself away from thinking about the cat.

or maybe not. I haven't played any games since wedneday. Not even OFP. never since i got my OFP did i not touch it for more than a day. I guess after seeing death, i'm afraid to go into a game that is about death, and infliction of it.

hopefully i'll get over and get back into OFP b4 weekend is over.

well, just got back from playing SP 'Revenge'..i guess i'm getting over this faster than i think i can...

It would seem that there are a whole lot of cat lovers on this thread... but can we please limit the 'my cat died' threads in the future?

btw, 600 biggrin.gif