JB1528

Do you still go back to OFP and Arma 1?

Do you still play OFP and Arma 1?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play OFP and Arma 1?

• Of course I still love to play OFP and Arma 1
    • I go back to OFP a lot but not Arma
    • I go back to Arma a lot but not OFP
    • I don't play either, Arma 2 is the only one for me.

I choose the last one. But I have to say that I loved OFP and was rather disappointed by Arma 1.

Arma 2 is a good successor of OFP though!

I mostly play ArmA2: OA these days. Arma1 rests on the shelf and is currently not installed. I do play OFP once in a while. It feels outdated by comparison, but ten minutes into the game I can't tell the difference anymore.

Just recently I decided to play the CWC campaign again, I love the story..

Maybe I'll play resistance campaign too for the heck of it.

I wish I could play some OFP (particularly Resistance) but all of the discs were lost in a recent move... Still have the boxes though, for some strange reason.

I enjoy playing OFP under Linux using Wine from time to time, when I'm too busy or lazy or unwilling to switch to Windows or want some nostalgic feelings.

I tried going back to OFP after playing ArmA1 in it's first week of release. In that time, my brain had completely adjusted to ArmA and i'd forgotten it until I got ingame - just how fugly OFP was. But we loved it, oh how we loved it! ArmA2 is leaps and bounds ahead of ArmA1 so I don't think i'd go back.

I just went back to OPF today:). A friend of mine cant even run ArmA1. We went into store got fresh copy of GOTY for him and installed. So here we are, back to Petrovice, after more then five years.

I might try play OFP on linux with wine...... and see what good mods have been made over the years.

Maybe there is a conversion for OFP thats at least as good as ARMA 1?

hehe

maybe thats what BIS should suggest to shut up all us linux winers (whiners)

"go play OFP if you want game on linux so bad

...Oh yes, I still keep playing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising :D:D FPDR. Just kidding...

I stopped playing OFP Resistance last year but despite the time still very engaging. A few months ago I tried JCove which is downloadable for free but right now I upgraded my PC with a decent graphics card and now I can play Arma 2 perfectly.

For now I'm pretty focused on ArmA2 and OA, but then I've never been one to stop playing older games so I am sure in a month or two my time will even out more and play OFP, A1, A2, etc. Heck I still play games from my old 80s C64 games and all the games I've bought in between then and now. Sometimes its a lot of fun to go back and look at the games that got me interested in the first place and just play something that is a bit simpler and familiar.