killswitch

CBA: Community Base Addons for A2, OA and CO

Wanted to say thanks for CBA, I have used it quite a bit in my work and it is very helpful.

Are you planning on bringing it to A3? You hade it ported over to TOHC very fast :) ...

Also is there anything we can do to help, for me CBA is the number one mod needed in A3.

Wanted to say thanks for CBA, I have used it quite a bit in my work and it is very helpful.

Are you planning on bringing it to A3? You hade it ported over to TOHC very fast :) ...

Also is there anything we can do to help, for me CBA is the number one mod needed in A3.

Hi Riouken,

Really glad to hear you found it helpful so far.

Thanks for the offer for help. CBA is open to contributions, e.g new functions, improved functions or other aspects of the addons etc.

As to ARMA 3 support, the plan is to support it ASAP, however I am quite caught up in my work on SIX (Play withSIX etc).

Still the plan is to at least get an alpha out on the alpha release date or soon after.

A lot of the config that depends on the game (e.g arma3), or game edition (e.g arma2 vs OA, etc), is auto-generated by the backend of the SIX Config Browser.

The quality of the AllInOneConfig dump should be the only measure for the success and speedy availability of CBA for BIS games.

How do you actually contribute tho? It doesn't say where to send it, or am I blind?

How do you actually contribute tho? It doesn't say where to send it, or am I blind?

The same way anything happens re CBA; the Issue Tracker :) Though maybe an interesting approach would be to use the GitHub Pull Request feature etc :)

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 16:16 ----------

Currently active branches:

https://github.com/sickboy/cba/tree/feature/merged_a2_oa_co

and

https://github.com/sickboy/cba/tree/develop

Thanks for the info Sickboy, I'm not pressuring you at all, was mostly just curious. Also thanks for the info on submitting to cba. I made a fork and will see about adding in one or two of my functions.

Hope this is the right place for this but this has been killing me now for days been reading forums after forums.

I rented a server and they installed ACE MOD for me.

When I run it and try to join this comes up

files cba_ai.pbo, cba_arrays.pbo, cba_common.pbo, cba_diagnositcs.pbo,cba_events.pbo and cba_extended_eventhandlers.pbo are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove the listed files or install additional accepted keys.

I don't know what to look for any more. :(

Never mind I'm a noooooob I had to add the keys to the servers Expansion/Keys folder

Thanks anyway

Edited by RamAthorn

I'm having a strange problem with this. When I bought my way into the Arma 3 alpha, I got the Arma gift pack or whatever it was called, and I figured I might as well switch to playing Arma 2 CO from Steam. I hadn't updated CBA in a while, and didn't even know about the new change to the single folder CBA_CO setup, so I'd never dealt with this problem before.

The problem is that without mods, I get the full CO content: A2 and OA combined + DLC. But if I load up with -mod=@CBA_CO I only get OA + the DLC. Not really sure what to do now.

And before you ask, I did test this with both the "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead" and "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead beta" items in my Steam library.

Is CBA compatible with the Reinforcements executable? The CBA page says you need the latest OA Beta patch, but Reinforcements do not have access a Beta versions.

ADDIT: Okay, I seem to have fixed my problem by installing the three @addon folders intended for the 1.62 official BIS patch. Simple as going back to the first post and paying close enough attention to see that gigantic IMPORTANT! message ;)

I'm guessing the @CBA_CO version used with an even more recent a non-official patched version?

Important:

If you play with the current, official, non-beta ArmA II OA/CO 1.62 patch, you must use the previous 1.0.0 version:

•CBA_v1.0.0pre10.zip

•CBA_v1.0.0pre10.7z

This version still needs you to load at least two and possibly three mod folders:

Running Arma 2 Combined Operations 1.62.95248

Active expansions are:

British Armed Forces (Lite)

Private Military Company (Lite)

@Blastcore Visuals R1.2

@Mk4 (HUD app)

@CBA_A2

Running only the above, I get the following error:

Script x\cba\addons\xeh\initpresgf not found

Also have a more recently downloaded Expansion listed but it doesn't have the @ in front of it.

Community Base Addons CO: (A2/OA)

When I boot with both of the CBA expansions enabled, I get this alert window as the application boots up

Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_CommunityConfigurationProject_E'

And then this error once I am into the main menu screen:

Script ca\communityConfigurationProject_e\ai_madetankgunnersuseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

Appreciate any pointers on fixing it.

Edited by Anthropoid

Addon cba_xeh_oa requires addon CA_communityconfigurationproject_E when I launch ArmA II OA. Can someone help?

Addon cba_xeh_oa requires addon CA_communityconfigurationproject_E when I launch ArmA II OA. Can someone help?

running @CBA_CO requires:

1.0.1 requires ArmA II 1.62 beta build 100697 or later.

CA_communityconfigurationproject_E is part of the beta

Bad news I'm afraid.

It seems that the latest beta patch (104648) is not compatible with the latest version of @CBA_CO (b196).

The game loads as far as the menu screen where the GUI is visible but the render remains black.

I can't quit out except via the 3-fingered salute.

Anyone got any solutions or workarounds?

Edited by domokun

Same freezing/Ctrl-Alt-Del here, is a workaround (for this weekend) = hotfix possible? Or is it an BIS issue/bug/oversight?? :)

Bad news I'm afraid.

It seems that the latest beta patch (104648) is not compatible with the latest version of @CBA_CO (b196).

The game loads as far as the menu screen where the GUI is visible but the render remains black.

same for me

Updated: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71860

Some progress on this or is it better to throw some cookies on BIS/Dwarden & Co for a new stable A2OA betabuild? :)

The revised cba_common.pbo made by ViperMaul works - you can launch the 104648 build - but it doesn't have any signatures so not useable for multiplayer. ViperMaul shows the fix as 100% but the CBA group has still not released a new build with signatures for the revised file. All of the details and the revised file are on dev-heaven at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71860

ViperMaul, what is status?

The revised cba_common.pbo made by ViperMaul works - you can launch the 104648 build - but it doesn't have any signatures so not useable for multiplayer. ViperMaul shows the fix as 100% but the CBA group has still not released a new build with signatures for the revised file. All of the details and the revised file are on dev-heaven at https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71860

ViperMaul, what is status?

This appears to be fixed in the latest OA beta patch rev 105785.

Reference: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71884

The revised pbo should no longer be needed.

Edited by ViperMaul
Reference:

Hi !

I use new newest CBA built and an error message appear when i start it with Arma 2 OA:

Can i play without a problem ? How to fix that ? Can i use the newest CBA version for my Arma 2 CO server ?....

Edit: I have the newest BETA.

maxx

Edited by maxx2504

Hi !

I use new newest CBA built and an error message appear when i start it with Arma 2 OA:

Can i play without a problem ? How to fix that ? Can i use the newest CBA version for my Arma 2 CO server ?....

Edit: I have the newest BETA.

maxx

You say you are running the latest beta and CBA but what versions exactly are you running?

As I'm running the 1.62.1.5785 beta with CBA v1.0.1.196 and they both work fine.

I get the error

include file not found x\cba\main\addons\script_mod.hpp not found

This error is given on the server when the mission starts. If I click OK the server crashes, any ideas?

Hi !

I started Arma OA normal not as beta. that was the problem. But i dont use beta so i copy the files to the addon directory of OA and dont get an error message again. that works for me ;)

maxx